Android TVs have become very popular today. It is also one of the most intuitive TV operating systems available today. Besides watching movies, tv shows, etc. Android TVs are packed with tons of unique functionalities. One of the most useful functions of Android TV is its ability to let you browse the internet. Likewise, this function is similar to browsing the web as you would on other platforms. However, you may also find yourself looking for top Android TV web browsers. This is because the variety of different browsers available can be confusing. Whether you are looking for a specific feature in your browser or overall stability, it can be very useful to know the different features of the top browsers. If you are looking for best browser for android tv, this article has got a list for you.
Best Browser for Android TV
Here, you will get to know about top Android TV web browsers.
How to Find Best Browser for Android TV?
There are quite a number of things that you may want to look for when searching for the best browser. One of the main points to look for is whether or not a browser offers all the necessary browsing features. Likewise, you can also look for unique features that others may not have. Some browsers have features that are integrated like a browser VPN integration while some may not. You may also want a browser with an extension functionality or even a browser with powerful Adblock, etc. Knowing the right browser for you can be difficult when you have a huge variety of options available. Therefore, focusing on basic features, stability as well as unique features is important.
List of Best Top Android TV Web Browsers
Following are the list of best Android TV browsers.
One of the best web browsers available for Android TV is Firefox. This is also one of the most popular browsers available on multiple platforms. Whether you are on mobile, PC, or other, Firefox is packed with features and is one of the most reliable. You may not be able to get Firefox from the Android TV Play Store. Therefore, the only option you have is to download the apk directly and install it.
- Firefox for Android TV is a dedicated version for this platform which has a card interface that is very intuitive for the TV remote.
- The UI has a navigation system that lets you scroll from top to bottom. You can perform different functions like entering an URL, using Google search or Voice input search with ease.
- A massive advantage of using Firefox is also its integration with your Firefox account. You can sync your Firefox account with any other platform. This means that your passwords, clipboard, favorites, bookmarks, etc. are all available to you no matter which platform you use it on.
2. Puffin Browser
Puffin Browser is a great choice for users who want to use a dedicated Android TV web browser. Likewise, some of the other browsers that are available on Android TV do not support TV remote navigation. You are limited to using an additional controller to navigate in these types of browsers. However, a great function in Puffin Browser is its support for remote control navigation.
- You can easily and intuitively navigate the browser using your remote.
- It has all the general features that one may need on a browser like bookmarks, search, favorites, etc.
- There are also additional features that this browser also has like QR code support as well as support for flash. It allows you to open web pages with full flash functionality.
If you are looking for the most popular and best browser for Android TV, you may not need to look further than Chrome. It is the go-to browser for many when it comes to browsing on any platform. In addition to the fact that Chrome is also a product of Google, you can expect good stability and optimization when using this browser. The Android TV version also features most of the functions that you can find on other platforms’ versions of Chrome.
- It has support for Chrome Extensions.
- Important basic features you can find include Chrome extensions, bookmarking, etc.
- This browser syncs with your Google Account after signing in. Therefore, allowing you to share your history, bookmarks, and more on different platforms.
4. TV Bro
TV Bro is also one of the most well-liked browsers for Android TV. It is an open-source browser that is tailor-made for the Android platform. Likewise, it makes use of the Android built-in web rendering engine. This means that it is very stable and every feature is designed for an Android TV format. However, there is one drawback to this web browser. It is currently not available on the Google Play Store.
- The browser has full support for tabs, history, favorites, bookmarks, shortcuts as well as voice search.
- You can also access all the functions using the Android TV remote.
Also Read: 15 Best Adblock Browsers for Android (2022)
One of the most well-liked browsers that you can find on the Android TV platform is JioPagesTV. Likewise, this is a browser that is designed for the operating system of Android TV.
- There are tons of useful features in this browser like bookmarks, a download manager, shortcuts, etc.
- In addition to its functionality, this browser also has good stability as well as support.
- It is also a very accessible choice because of its support for regional languages. This means that this browser is a great choice for non-English speaking users.
6. TVWeb Browser for TV
If you want a simple and stable browser for your Android TV, you can use TVWeb Browser for TV. This is an Android TV dedicated browser that is specifically designed for the platform. Likewise, you can also use this browser using your Android TV remote. There are no complicated features that you can find in this browser. However, its simplicity lets you access all the important features that you may need with ease.
- The UI is tailor-made for the format of Android TV. This allows you to intuitively navigate through different websites.
- You can find features like search engines, bookmarks, browsing history, and more.
- It also has support for an on-screen mouse pointer.
Also Read: 14 Best Fastest Browsers for Android
7. Opera Browser
A very simple as well as a functional browser that you can get is Opera Browser. Likewise, this is a browser that has all the basic features that you may need.
- You can use features like private incognito browsing, extensions as well as a download manager.
- A major advantage of using this browser is also its support for TV remote navigation. It lets you surf the internet using the D-Pad on your remote.
A browser that has all the basic features that you need is DuckDuckGo. It is a browser that prioritizes privacy. This browser is a great pick for those who are concerned about their privacy. Similar to many other browsers that are available for Android TV, DuckDuckGo is a browser that you have to sideload in order to get it. Likewise, it is unfortunately not available on the Play Store.
- It has all the basic browser features like bookmarks, history, download manager, etc.
- You can also use the dedicated DuckDuckGo search instead of using Google Search.
- One of the biggest draws of this browser is that the company claims that they do not track users. This means that you can be free of privacy concerns when browsing any web page.
9. Microsoft Edge
Microsoft Edge is a popular browser on Microsoft Windows that is also available for you on Android TV. You can find most of the features that you can get in the PC version of the browser.
- It has features like an ad blocker, favorites, etc are all available.
- This browser is also a great choice for those who want to sync with their Microsoft account.
10. Samsung Internet Browser
A very customizable browser that you can get in Android TV is Samsung Internet Browser. This is a browser that is well-optimized for the TV format. This is a safe choice if you want a reliable browser for your TV. A con of this browser is that it is also only through the sideloading of its apk.
- It lets you customize the fonts of web pages. This allows users to make adjustments their liking.
- You can also find useful security features like the ability to block trackers. Although you have to manually make adjustments or enable some of its features.
11. Vivaldi Browser
Vivaldi Browser is a privacy-oriented browser that is great for those who are looking for security. Likewise, it is a simple browser that has all the basic features you need. However, it requires you to use a mouse and keyboard for navigation.
- It has a clean and minimalistic interface.
- This browser has a very intuitive tab management system.
- It also has customization features such as Page Zoom, search engine customization, etc.
12. Kiwi Browser
Kiwi Browser is a very similar browser to Google Chrome. Likewise, its overall UI and material design will be familiar to Chrome users. It is a very clean and intuitive browser that offers a number of useful features. There are also unique features that may not be available in other browsers. Thus, it is a good pick for those asking what are best browser for Android TV. You also have to install the apk for this browser if you want to use it on Android TV.
- A feature like a built-in translator that lets you translate web pages is very useful.
- Kiwi offers a number of customization options.
- It is a light and speedy browser. Likewise, it is not a resource-heavy browser.
Also Read: Top 11 Best Private Browsers For Android
13. Brave Browser
A popular browser that you can also get on Android TV is Brave Browser. Likewise, this is a browser that has all the basic features that you may want in a browser. This is a good choice for those who want to avoid ads as well as pesky pop-ups on websites.
- It has quite an aggressive ad blocker that can be very helpful when surfing the web.
- It has a built-in password manager.
- This browser also has useful features like Form autofill.
- You can also control content access to the full-screen presentation as well as the autoplaying of media.
14. Amazon Silk Browser
A very popular browser on Amazon Fire Smart TVs as well as Fire Sticks is the Amazon Silk Browser. Luckily for Android TV users, this browser is also available to install on it. For those who are looking to just stream online content on their Android TV, this is the right choice for you. However, it is currently not available on the Play Store. Therefore, you have to get the apk from a third-party site.
- This browser is packed with features including support for Alexa voice recognition and command.
- It has most of the basic features including the ability to add bookmarks, search the web, access media, etc.
Hence, these were the list of top Android TV web browsers.
- How to Delete Facebook Business Account
- What does Mobile Only Price Mean on Booking.com?
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Android TV?
- Top 11 Best Deep Web Browsers for Anonymous Browsing
We hope that this doc could guide you on best browser for Android TV. If you have any questions or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.