You may face one or more errors in your browsers when you do not have a stable internet connection on your PC. Yet, few errors occur even when you have a stable internet connection. STATUS BREAKPOINT Microsoft Edge error is a common error that frequently occurs when surfing the Edge browser. The most common reason that causes STATUS BREAKPOINT Edge error is unstable internet connection and glitches in your browser. If you are facing the same error in Microsoft Edge, this guide will help you a lot. Read this troubleshooting guide that will help you fix this error.
How to Fix Error STATUS BREAKPOINT in Microsoft Edge
In this section, we have compiled a list of excellent troubleshooting methods that are arranged in accordance with the severity and effectiveness of this error in Microsoft Edge. Follow the methods in the same order to attain perfect outcomes.
Method 1: Close Background Apps
There may be plenty of applications that run in the background. This will increase the CPU and memory space, thereby affecting the system’s performance. Follow the below-mentioned steps to close the background tasks consuming high resources.
1. Launch Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together.
2. Now, search and select the overclocking tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background.
3. Finally, select End Task as depicted below.
Method 2: Clear Browsing History
Formatting issues and loading problems can be sorted out by clearing the cache and cookies in your browser. But when days pass on, the cache and cookies bulge in size and burn your disk space. You can try clearing them to fix STATUS BREAKPOINT Microsoft Edge error by implementing the following steps.
1. Launch Edge browser as done earlier.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon near your profile image as you did earlier.
Note: You can directly navigate the page to delete browsing history in the Edge by typing edge://settings/clearBrowserData in the search bar.
3. Click Settings.
4. Now, navigate to the Privacy, search, and services option in the left pane as shown.
5. Then, scroll down the right screen and click on Choose what to clear option under Clear browsing data as shown.
6. In the next window, select the given options and click on the Clear now button.
- Browsing history
- Cookies and other site data
- Cached images and files
Finally, all your browsing data will be cleared now. Check if you have fixed the issue.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Edge Not Working in Windows 10
Method 3: Disable Extensions (If Applicable)
If you have installed any third-party extensions in your browser, the proper functioning of your web pages will be affected sometimes. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Launch Edge browser and click on the three-dotted icon at the top right corner as done earlier.
2. Now, click on Extensions as highlighted below.
Note: To skip the long steps to reach the extensions page, type edge://extensions/ in the search bar and hit Enter.
3. Now, all of your added extensions will pop up on the screen. Select any extension and click on Manage extensions as shown.
4. Now, toggle off the extension and check if you face the error again.
5. Likewise, disable all the extensions one by one and simultaneously check if the error recurs. If you find the error does not pop up after removing any particular extension, then uninstall it completely from your browser.
6. Now, select the Remove option.
7. Now, confirm the prompt by clicking on Remove as shown.
Check if you face the error again.
Method 4: Disable RendererCodeIntegrity Feature
Windows 10 PC has a feature to prevent any unsigned code from interfering with browsers web pages. Many users have reported that disabling the RendererCodeIntegrity feature will help you fix the problem.
1. Navigate to the Edge Desktop shortcut and right-click on it.
2. Now, click on the Properties option as shown.
3. Then, in the Shortcut tab, add a space and type –disable-features=RendererCodeIntegrity in the Target field.
4. Now, click on Apply > OK to save the changes and check if the issue is resolved.
Also Read: Fix Crunchyroll Not Working on Chrome
Method 5: Rename the .exe Filename
A simple trick to solve STATUS BREAKPOINT Windows 10 is renaming the executable file. Follow the below-mentioned steps to rename the .exe files of your browser.
1. Press and hold Windows + E keys together to open the File Explorer.
2. Now, navigate to the following path.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application
Note: If you have installed Edge in another location, navigate to the same.
3. Then, right-click on msedge.exe and rename it to msedgeold.exe or whatever you like.
4. Finally, restart Edge and check if you have fixed the issue.
Method 6: Repair System Files
The primary reason that triggers STATUS BREAKPOINT Microsoft Edge has broken system files. Your computer may think that installation is already running when it finds any broken files and thus lead to this error. Windows 10 users can automatically scan and repair their system files by running System File Checker. In addition, it is a built-in tool that lets the user delete files and fix the said error. Then, follow the below-mentioned steps.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
2. Click on Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
3. Type chkdsk C: /f /r /x command and hit Enter key.
4. If you are prompted with a message, Chkdsk cannot run…the volume is… in use process, then, type Y and hit the Enter key.
5. Again, type the command: sfc /scannow and press Enter key to run the System File Checker scan.
Note: A system scan will be initiated and it will take a couple of minutes to finish. Meanwhile, you can continue performing other activities but be mindful of not accidentally closing the window.
After completing the scan, it will show either of these messages:
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
- Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
6. Once the scan is finished, restart your PC.
7. Again, launch Command Prompt as administrator and execute the given commands one after the other:
dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /restorehealth dism.exe /Online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
Note: You must have a working internet connection to execute DISM commands properly.
Method 7: Update Network Drivers
If the current drivers in your system are incompatible/outdated with the brow, then you will face this error. Therefore, you are advised to update your device and drivers to prevent the said problem.
1. Type Device Manager in the Windows 10 search menu.
2. Double-click on Network adapters to expand it.
3. Right-click on your wireless network driver (e.g. Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter) and select Update driver, as depicted below.
4. Next, click on Search automatically for drivers to automatically download and install the best available driver.
5A. Now, the drivers will update and install to the latest version, if they are not updated.
5B. If they are already in an updated stage, the message saying The best drivers for your device are already installed will be shown.
6. Click on the Close button to exit the window and restart your PC.
Method 8: Update Windows
If you did not obtain any fix by the above methods, then there are few chances that you might have bugs in your system. These bugs can be resolved by updating Windows. It is always advised to use your system in its updated version. Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix STATUS BREAKPOINT Microsoft Edge.
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Settings.
2. Click on the Update & Security tile, as shown.
3. In the Windows Update tab, click on Check for updates button.
4A. If a new update is available, then click Install Now and follow the instructions to update.
4B. Otherwise, if the Windows is up-to-date, then it will show You’re up to date message.
Also Read: Fix Windows Media Creation Tool Not Working
Method 9: Uninstall Recent Updates
If you face the said problem after updating Windows OS, your internet surfing experience might be incompatible with the new update and, in this case, uninstall recent updates on PC. You will also get the stability of your PC after uninstalling a faulty update. Here is how to do it.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Control Panel, and click on Open.
2. Set the View by as Large icons and click on Programs and Features to continue.
3. Now, click on View installed updates in the left pane as shown here.
4. Now, select the most recent update and click on the Uninstall option below.
5. Then, confirm the prompt, if any, and reboot your PC.
Method 10: Update Microsoft Edge
The primary method to resolve STATUS BREAKPOINT Microsoft Edge error is to install the latest version of the browser you use. If you have an outdated browser, the improved features of some web pages will not be supported. To fix some errors and bugs with your browser, update it to its latest version. Here is how to do it.
1. Type Microsoft Edge in the Windows search bar and open it.
2. Click on the three-dotted icon.
Note: You can also type edge://settings/help launch the About Microsoft Edge page directly.
3. Now, click on the Help and feedback option as highlighted.
4. Then, click on About Microsoft Edge as shown.
5A. If Microsoft Edge is not updated, click on the Update button to update your browser.
5B. If the browser is up-to-date, then it will show the message that Microsoft Edge is up to date.
6. Finally, launch a web page in the latest version of your browser and check if the issue recurs.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Edge opens multiple windows
Method 11: Repair Microsoft Edge
If none of those mentioned above methods have helped you, you can try reinstalling Microsoft Edge. Doing this will fix all the relevant issues with the search engine, updates, or other related problems triggering STATUS BREAKPOINT Microsoft Edge error.
Note: Back up all favorites, save passwords, bookmarks and sync your Microsoft account with your mail. Uninstalling Microsoft Edge will delete all the saved files.
1. Press the Windows key. Type Control Panel and open it.
2. Set the View by as Category and click Uninstall a program.
3. In the Programs and Features window, click on Microsoft Edge and select the Change option as depicted in the below picture.
4. Click Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
5. Now, confirm the prompt by clicking on Repair.
6. Restart the computer once you complete all the steps mentioned above.
Method 12: Reset Microsoft Edge
Resetting the browser will restore it to its default settings, and there are more possibilities that you can fix STATUS BREAKPOINT Microsoft Edge error. First, follow the below-mentioned steps to reset Microsoft Edge, then check if the issue is resolved.
1. Launch Edge browser and navigate to Settings.
Note: You can also type edge://settings/reset to launch the Reset Edge page directly.
2. Now, in the left pane, click on Reset settings as shown.
3. Now, click on Restore settings to their default values option as shown.
4. Now, confirm the prompt by clicking on Reset as shown.
- How to Fix Discord Camera Not Working
- Fix Google Chrome STATUS BREAKPOINT Error
- 29 Best AI Chatbots Online
- Fix INET E Security Problem in Microsoft Edge
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix STATUS BREAKPOINT Microsoft Edge error in your device. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.