Have you ever logged into your Facebook account only to be greeted with the “Welcome to Facebook” message on your feed? It can be not very clear, especially if you’ve been using the platform for a while. So why does this message appear, and how can you make it go away? In this article, we’ll explore the possible causes of receiving an email saying welcome to Facebook issue and provide some tips on how to fix it. We’ll also delve into some of the common misconceptions surrounding why does Facebook feed say welcome to Facebook message and provide some insight on how to make the most of your Facebook experience and get my Facebook news feed back to normal.
Why does Facebook Feed Say Welcome to Facebook?
You will get to know why does Facebook feed say welcome to Facebook further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Why does My Facebook Page Keep Saying Welcome to Facebook?
By default, upon creating a new Facebook account, you will be greeted with the “Welcome to Facebook” message on your News Feed. This serves as a way for Facebook to welcome new users and also indicates that your account profile has not yet been completed and you have not yet acquired any Facebook friends. It may also be a bug that has occurred in the app itself.
To remove the “Welcome to Facebook” bar, you can try completing your profile if it is incomplete. You can also try to build your friend list and post more information on your profile to make your account more active. This should cause the message bar to disappear as you become more engaged with your friends on the platform and post more pictures from your profile to Facebook.
Why does Facebook Feed Say Welcome to Facebook?
As mentioned above in the article, you may get a Welcome to Facebook message if:
- You did not complete your profile or sent friend request to the people you know.
- It may also be a bug in the Facebook app itself which would also be the reason why the message Welcome to Facebook is being shown to you even though you might have been using the app for a long time.
However, if it is a bug, Facebook will resolve it with a new update to the app that will resolve any bug that is there in the app and make your user experience smoother.
Why did I Get an Email Saying Welcome to Facebook? Why did I Get a Welcome to Facebook Email?
It is likely that someone accidentally attempted to create a Facebook account using your email address. If this email address is not confirmed, it will not be associated with their Facebook account. The best course of action is to ignore the email.
Or the other reason may be that your email’s security was compromised, and it is best to change your email’s password immediately and report a problem to Facebook if it was not done by you. You can file a report to Facebook through the official reporting page of Facebook.
How Do I Get My Facebook News Feed Back to Normal?
After learning why does facebook feed say welcome to Facebook, to get your Facebook news feed back to normal, you need to follow the steps mentioned above in the article for getting your news feed back to normal. You can also adjust your Facebook feed preferences.
To adjust your Facebook feed preferences, follow these steps:
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Facebook account.
2. Tap on the hamburger icon from the top menu bar.
3. Tap on Settings & privacy > Settings.
4. From the Preferences section, tap on News Feed.
5. From here, you can adjust your feed preferences by choosing from the following options:
- Favourites: To select people and pages that you want to prioritize. This will cause their posts to be displayed higher in your feed and shown to you first.
- Unfollow: To stop following a person, page, or group.
- Reconnect: To start following a person, page, or group that you previously unfollowed.
- Snooze: To see and manage more options to see which apps or sites are hidden from your feed temporarily.
How Do I Get My Facebook Feed Back to Normal?
Once you know why does facebook feed say welcome to Facebook, to get your Facebook Feed back to normal i.e. getting rid of the message here are some of the steps that will guide you to get your Facebook feed to normal.
1. Engage with your Facebook account by sharing posts by tapping on the What’s on your mind option from your FB profile and adding interesting content.
2. Enhance your profile by adding photos to your Facebook gallery. A single profile photo is not sufficient; try posting multiple pictures or uploading them to your profile.
3. Expand your network by adding more Facebook friends to your contact list. You can search for friends on Facebook under the Find Friends section using their names, phone numbers, or email addresses and sending them friend requests. Additionally, accepting friend requests from others will also increase your Facebook friends and make your account more active.
4. Keep your profile up to date by adding more information. There are many details that you can include on your profile. Edit and supplement existing information to make your profile more complete.
- What is Numverify API?
- What is GoDaddy Domain Search?
- How To Block Subreddits From Your R/all Feed?
- How to Enable or Disable Google Feed on Android
We hope that you learned why does Facebook feed say welcome to Facebook. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.