Tumblr is a social networking website where everyone can post pictures, blogs, chat, and do much more. It is quite famous throughout the world with many interesting features. Some important questions people ask about Tumblr are how to disable safe mode on Tumblr, how to deactivate Tumblr account temporarily, and how to permanently delete Tumblr account. Keep reading this article till the end, as these questions have been answered below. Also, you will learn why can’t you delete your Tumblr and the steps for the same. Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- Why Can’t You Delete Your Tumblr Account?
- Is Tumblr Safe?
- Can a 12-Year-Old Have Tumblr?
- What Can’t You Do with Your Tumblr Account?
- How Do You Disable Safe Mode on Tumblr?
- How to Deactivate Tumblr Account Temporarily?
- How Do You Know If Your Tumblr is Deleted?
- What Happens If You Delete Your Tumblr Account?
- Why is Tumblr Not Letting You Delete Your Account?
- How Do You Permanently Delete Your Tumblr Account?
- How Do You Delete Your Tumblr Account on App?
- How Do You Get Rid of Your Tumblr Account?
- How Do You Wipe Your Tumblr Clean?
Why Can’t You Delete Your Tumblr Account?
Continue reading to learn the reasons why can’t you delete your Tumblr and the steps explaining the same process in detail.
Is Tumblr Safe?
Yes, Tumble is totally safe. It also has features to make your content or blogs private. For your safety, you can block or report users and posts if uncomfortable with them. You can also filter your content and tags easily.
Can a 12-Year-Old Have Tumblr?
No, Tumblr has the policy that its users should strictly be of age 13 or above. So, technically a 12-year-old cannot have a Tumblr account.
What Can’t You Do with Your Tumblr Account?
Tumblr doesn’t have the option to temporarily deactivate your account. You can only delete your blogs or your whole account but cannot temporarily deactivate it.
How Do You Disable Safe Mode on Tumblr?
There is no feature within the Tumblr app to disable the safe mode, but it can be achieved differently. You need to manage your app settings as follows:
1. Open your web browser and navigate to the official Tumblr site.
2. Click on Log In from the top right corner of the screen.
3. Now, choose any of the following log in option to get into your account.
4. Click on the Account icon from the top right corner, as shown below.
5. Click on Settings.
6. Scroll down and go to the Filtering section.
7. Turn on the toggle for the Hide potentially mature content option.
Note: If you can’t find this option, look for Safe mode.
To find the reasons why can’t you delete your Tumblr, read this article further.
Also Read: Why Tinder Won’t Let Me Delete My Account?
How to Deactivate Tumblr Account Temporarily?
There is no such option currently to deactivate Tumblr account temporarily. But you can delete or restrict access to your blogs.
How Do You Know If Your Tumblr is Deleted?
If your Tumblr account is deleted, you won’t be able to access your blogs. Even if you try to log in to your account with the app or browser, you will get notifications saying that your account has been suspended.
What Happens If You Delete Your Tumblr Account?
The consequences after your Tumblr account is deleted are listed below:
- Your blogs and messages won’t be visible anymore.
- Also, all activities will be removed permanently.
- You won’t be able to login into your account from the website or app.
Why is Tumblr Not Letting You Delete Your Account?
You can’t delete Tumblr account from the mobile app. You have to do so from the Tumblr website on your browser. Read the next section to learn how to do that.
How Do You Permanently Delete Your Tumblr Account?
After knowing why can’t you delete your Tumblr, follow the below steps to permanently delete Tumblr account:
1. Log In to your Tumblr account.
2. Click on the Account icon > Settings.
3. Scroll down and click on Delete account.
4. Finally, enter your email address and password and click on Delete everything to confirm the process.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Safe Mode on Tumblr
How Do You Delete Your Tumblr Account on App?
There is no way you can delete your Tumblr account from the app. You can only delete your blogs from the app. To delete your Tumblr account, read the steps mentioned above.
How Do You Get Rid of Your Tumblr Account?
To get rid of your Tumblr account, you will have to delete it permanently. Follow these steps to delete your account:
1. Navigate to the Tumblr account on your browser.
2. Log In to your account with account credentials and click on the Account icon.
3. Then, click on Settings.
4. Click on Delete account and enter your email address and password.
5. Lastly, click on Delete everything.
If you don’t know why can’t you delete your Tumblr account, contact Tumblr Support and convey your problem.
Also Read: How to Get Rid of Picasa on Samsung Galaxy S5
How Do You Wipe Your Tumblr Clean?
Let’s see how you can wipe or delete Tumblr posts:
Note: It is advised to delete a maximum of 1000 posts simultaneously to avoid server tension.
1. Log in to your Tumblr account and click on the Account icon.
2. Choose Posts.
3. Click on Mass Post Editor.
4. Select the desired posts you want to delete.
5. Click on Delete from the top.
6. Click on OK in the confirmation pop-up.
- How to Cancel FFXIV Subscription
- How Can You Recover Your Words with Friends 2 Accounts
- How to Delete Reddit Account on App
- Fix Tumblr Blogs only opening in Dashboard Mode
So, we hope you have understood why can’t you delete your Tumblr account and the steps for the same in detail. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.