Tumblr is a social networking and microblogging platform that allows users to access various kinds of content. Unlike other such apps that include age/location restrictions, it has no regulations over explicit content. Earlier, the ‘safe mode’ option on Tumblr helped users filter out inappropriate or adult content. In recent years, Tumblr itself has decided to put a ban on sensitive, violent, and NSFW content on the platform, there is no longer a need to add a digital layer of protection via safe mode.
How to Turn Off Safe Mode on Tumblr
Method 1: Bypass Flagged Content
If you use your Tumblr account on your computer, you need to follow the given steps to bypass the safe mode:
1. Open your web browser and navigate to the official Tumblr site.
2. Click on login from the top-right corner of the screen. Now, log in to your account by using your email ID and password.
3. You will be redirected to your dashboard section.
4. You can start browsing. When you click on a sensitive link or post, a warning message will pop up on your screen. It happens because the blog in question may be flagged by the community or deemed as sensitive, violent, or inappropriate by the Tumblr team.
5. Click on the Go to my dashboard option on the screen.
6. You can now view the flagged blog on your screen. Select the View this Tumblr option to load the blog.
You can follow the above steps every time you come across flagged content.
Note: However, you cannot disable the flagged posts and will have to allow them to view or visit the blogs.
If you are using your Tumblr account on your mobile phone, then you can turn off safe mode on Tumblr through this method . The steps are similar but may vary a little for Android and iOS users.
1. Download and install the Tumblr app on your device. Head to Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS.
2. Launch it and log in to your Tumblr account.
3. On the dashboard, click on the blog that is flagged. A pop-up message will appear on your screen. Click on Go to my dashboard.
4. Finally, click on the View this Tumblr option to open the flagged posts or blogs.
Method 2: Use the Tumbex website
Unlike Tumblr, the Tumbex website is a cloud archive for posts, blogs, and all sorts of content from Tumblr. Hence, it can be a good alternative for the official Tumblr platform. As explained earlier, because of the ban on certain content, you will not be able to access it. Therefore, Tumbex is an excellent option for users who want to freely access all content on Tumblr without any restrictions.
Here is how to disable safe mode on Tumblr:
1. Open your web browser and navigate to tumbex.com.
2. Now, under the first search bar titled Search Tumblog, post, type the name of the blog you wish to access.
3. Finally, click on search to get the results on your screen.
Note: If you wish to view a blacklisted blog or post, search using the Second search bar on the Tumbex website.
Method 3: Remove Filter tags on Tumblr
Tumblr has replaced the safe mode option with the filtering option that allows users to use tags to filter out inappropriate posts or blogs from their accounts. Now, if you wish to turn off the safe mode, you can remove the filter tags from your account. Here is how to disable safe mode on Tumblr using a PC & mobile phone:
1. Open your web browser and navigate to tumblr.com
2. Log in to your account by using your email ID and password.
3. Once you enter your dashboard, click on your Profile section from the top-right corner of the screen. Then, go to Settings.
4. Now, under the Filtering section, click on Remove to start removing the filtering tags.
Finally, reload your page and start browsing.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Safe Mode on Android
1. Open the Tumblr app on your device and log in to your account, if you are not already logged in.
2. After successful login, click on the Profile icon from the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Next, click on the gear icon from the top-right corner of the screen.
4. Select Account Settings.
5. Go to the filtering section.
6. Click on the tag and select Remove. Repeat it to remove multiple filter tags.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q 1. How do I turn off sensitivity on Tumblr?
Tumblr has banned inappropriate, sensitive, violent, and adult content on its platform. It means you are permanently in a safe mode on Tumblr, and therefore, cannot turn it off. However, there is a website called Tumbex, from where you can access all the blocked content from Tumblr.
Why can’t I disable safe mode on Tumblr?
You can no longer disable the safe mode on Tumblr as the platform removed the safe mode option after it banned inappropriate content. However, you can bypass it whenever you come across a flagged post or blog. All you have to do is click on Go to my dashboard and then find that blog in the right sidebar. Finally, click on view this Tumblr to access the flagged blog.
- Why Is My Phone Stuck in Safe Mode?
- 7 Ways to Fix Android is Stuck in Safe Mode
- How to Fix Tumblr Images Not Loading Error
- How to Disable Discord Notifications
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to turn off safe mode on Tumblr. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.