Tumblr is another social media and micro-blogging platform where users can post their blogs and other content by creating a profile. The users can also go through pictures, videos, and blogs posted by other people on the platform. Tumblr may not be the most famous social media platform, but it is gaining its reputation in the market with more than 472 million registered users on the platform.
Unfortunately, many users complain of images not loading on Tumblr. Well, like any other social media platform, Tumblr too can have technical issues or pesky errors now and then. In this article, we will talk about the probable causes behind images not loading on Tumblr and also list down the solutions to fix Tumblr images not loading error.
How to Fix Tumblr Images Not Loading Error
Reasons for Tumblr not loading images
There are many reasons that can trigger the error on Tumblr and prevent you from loading images. Below are listed some of the common reasons for Tumblr not loading images.
1. Unstable internet connection: If you are getting an unstable internet connection on your PC or phone, you might face images not loading error on Tumblr.
2. Server traffic: The issues of images not loading may be because of a lot of traffic on Tumblr’s server. If many users are online all at the same time, the servers may become overloaded.
3. Restrictions on certain content: Tumblr restricts certain content that is inappropriate for some users. Moreover, the platform also restricts some content in different countries or states. These restrictions may prevent you from loading images.
4. U-Block AddON: There are several add-ons on the web browser that you can add to prevent and block ad pop-ups. U-Block Addon is available as one such add-on that prevents websites from showing ads and may also prevent websites that are harmful to the computer. There are chances that U-Block AddOn might be blocking images on Tumblr.
We are listing down a few methods that you can follow to fix the images not loading error on Tumblr.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection
The first thing that you should do before proceeding with any other method is to check your internet connection. If you have a poor or unstable internet connection, you might encounter problems logging into your Tumblr account, let alone loading the images on the platform. Therefore, to fix Tumblr images not loading error, you can consider following the below-mentioned steps:
1. Start by restarting your router. Unplug the power cord and re-plug it after a minute or so.
2. Run an internet speed test to check your internet speed.
3. Lastly, contact your internet service provider if you have low internet speed.
Method 2: Use Another Browser
Many Tumblr users were able to fix the images not loading error by simply switching to another browser. For instance, if you are using Google Chrome, then to resolve the issue, you can switch to browsers like Opera, Microsoft Edge, or others.
However, we recommend switching to Opera as it offers great features and a fast browsing experience. Moreover, you will also get an inbuilt adblocker, which will prevent any ad pop-ups. Furthermore, Opera provides a secure platform, and it will most likely resolve the Tumblr not loading images error.
Method 3: Disable U-Block extension
In case you have installed the U-Block extension on your browser, you might want to disable it because it is possible that the extension is blocking certain images on Tumblr and preventing you from loading them. Therefore, to fix Tumblr images not loading error, you can follow the steps mentioned below as per your web browser.
If you are using Google Chrome, then you may follow the given steps to disable the U-Block extension.
1. Launch Google Chrome or if you are already using the browser, go to a new tab.
2. Now, click on the three vertical dots at the top-right corner of the screen to access the menu.
3. Move your cursor over the more tools option and select extensions from the menu.
4. Turn off the toggle next to the U-Block or U-Block origins extension to disable it.
5. Finally, relaunch the web browser and check whether the image loading error on Tumblr is resolved.
The steps are similar for other browsers, and you can refer to the screenshots above.
If you are using Microsoft Edge as your default browser, then follow the given steps to disable the U-Block extension:
1. Launch Microsoft Edge on your PC and click on the three vertical dots on the top-right corner of the screen to access the menu.
2. Select Extensions from the menu.
3. Locate the U-Block extension and click on the remove option to disable it.
4. Finally, relaunch the web browser and navigate to Tumblr.
If you have Firefox as your default browser, here is how to disable the U-Block extension.
1. Open the Firefox browser on your system.
2. Click on the three horizontal lines or the menu button from the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Now, click on Add on and select the extensions or themes option.
4. Click on the U-Block extension and select the disable option.
5. Finally, restart the browser and check if the problem is resolved.
Method 4: Use VPN software
In case you are still unable to fix Tumblr images not loading error, then it is possible that Tumblr is restricting you from accessing certain images because of the restrictions in your country. However, using VPN software can help your spoof your location and access Tumblr from a foreign server. A VPN software can easily help you bypass Tumblr’s restrictions in your country or state.
Before you install VPN software, make sure it is reliable and comes with unlimited bandwidth. We recommend the following VPN software.
Method 5: Check if Tumblr Servers are down
If you are unable to load images on Tumblr, then it is possible that the servers are overloaded as a massive amount of users are using the platform at the same time. To check if Tumblr servers are down, you can use server status by navigating to Down detector, which is a tool to check the server status. However, if the server is down, then you cannot really do anything to fix Tumblr not loading images but to wait until the servers are up again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. Why are pictures not loading on websites?
If you don’t see any images or are unable to load them on websites, then in most cases, the problem is on your end and not the web page. Check your internet connectivity before accessing the website. The problem can also arise due to improper configuration of browser settings. Therefore, make sure you properly configure the browser settings by navigating to the Web browser settings menu. Lastly, make sure you disable any ad block extensions from the browser as they might be blocking images on the website.
Q2. Why is Tumblr not working on Chrome?
Tumblr might encounter pesky errors now and then. To fix Tumblr not working on Chrome, you can restart the browser and re-login into your account. Another thing that you can do is clear the cache files for Tumblr. Disable ad blocking extensions from the Chrome browser. Lastly, use VPN to spoof your location and access Tumblr from a foreign server.
- Fix YouTube Videos loading but not playing videos
- Fix Facebook Home Page Won’t Load Properly
- How to Fix Steam Store Not Loading Error
- How to Disable Discord Notifications
So, these were some methods that you can try to fix Tumblr images not loading errors. We hope our guide was helpful, and you were able to resolve the issue on Tumblr. If you have any queries regarding this article, feel free to drop them in the comment section.