Reddit is growing in popularity day by day, along with the number of users. The popularity is due to the various types of content available or permitted on Reddit through the various communities or subreddits. Every user will find a subreddit for anything they are passionate about or enjoy in general. And this is the reason why so many people are founding about it and joining this platform every day. But on the other hand, some Reddit users want to know how to delete Reddit account on app for some reason. They may want to use Reddit app without account or permanently delete Reddit for good. Whichever your case may be, read and follow this guide until the end to learn the comprehensive methods regarding it.
- How to Delete Reddit Account on App
- Can You Use Reddit App without Account?
- How to Disconnect Google Account from Reddit?
- How to Deactivate Reddit Account Temporarily?
- Can You Delete a Reddit Account on Mobile?
- How Do You Delete Your Reddit Account from Your Samsung?
- Can You Permanently Delete Reddit?
- How Do You Permanently Delete Your Reddit Account?
- Does Deleting the Reddit App Delete Your Account?
- How Do You Delete Reddit Data?
- Why Can’t You Deactivate Your Reddit Account?
- How Do You Delete Your Reddit Account on iPhone?
How to Delete Reddit Account on App
You can delete your Reddit account from the Reddit official website or iOS native app. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Since Reddit isn’t private, you can use Reddit without account in any browser. You have to simply visit the Reddit official website on your PC browser. But if you want to join a subreddit, and post photos, videos, or comments, you will have to log into Reddit with an existing account or sign up by creating a new one.
You can easily disconnect Google account from Reddit using these simple steps:
1. Visit the Reddit official website in any browser.
2. Click on the Profile icon from the top right corner to open the drop-down menu.
3. Click on User Settings.
4. Now, scroll down to locate and click on (disconnect) for the Connected to Google option, as shown below.
5. To Disconnect your Google account, enter your Reddit PASSWORD and click on Continue.
Also Read: How Do You Delete Messages on Reddit App
You cannot deactivate your Reddit account temporarily. You can only permanently deactivate or delete your Reddit account by visiting the official Reddit website on your PC browser or from the iOS native mobile app. Keep reading to find the steps demonstrating how to permanently delete Reddit account.
Yes, you can only delete a Reddit account on the Reddit iOS native mobile app. You can’t delete your account from the Reddit Android app.
You can delete your Reddit account on Android only through the official Reddit website accessed through your mobile browser. Follow the below-stated steps to do the same:
Note: Upon deleting the Reddit account, your account data will be deleted.
1. Visit the Reddit Log in page on your mobile browser.
2. Log In to your account with your Google account or with your Username and Password.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner of the browser tab.
4. Tap on the Desktop site option from the list to see the site in the desktop version.
5. Then, tap on the Profile icon from the top right corner.
6. Tap on User Settings.
7. Swipe down and tap on DELETE ACCOUNT.
8. Fill the HELP IMPROVE REDDIT optional field, if you want, and enter USERNAME and PASSWORD in the respective fields, as shown.
9. Finally, tap on DELETE.
Also Read: How Do I Delete History on Reddit App
Yes, you can permanently delete Reddit from the User settings of your account.
You should be aware that when you delete your Reddit account, your account data will also be deleted, and you won’t be able to access your Reddit account after. You can permanently delete your Reddit account by following the steps below:
1. Visit Reddit official website in any browser.
2. Click on the Profile icon > User Settings.
3. Scroll down and click on Delete Account.
4. Now enter the desired reason why are you leaving Reddit in the HELP IMPROVE REDDIT field.
Note: This step is optional.
5. Enter your Reddit USERNAME and PASSWORD, select the I understand checkbox from the end and click on Delete to finally deactivate your account.
Also Read: How to Download Reddit Videos with Sound
No, deleting the Reddit app doesn’t delete your account, post, and comments you have posted through this account.
To delete Reddit data, like posts and comments, follow the steps given below:
1. Navigate to the Reddit official website in your PC browser.
2. Click on the Profile icon > Profile.
3. Click on the POSTS tab from the top of the page.
4. Locate the desired post which you want to delete and click the three-dotted icon > Delete.
5. To finally delete the selected post, click Delete > Delete Post from the popup.
6. Next, click on the Comments tab from the top of the page.
7. Locate the desired comment that you want to delete and click the three-dotted icon from the bottom.
8. Click on Delete from the confirmation popup to delete the selected comment.
Also Read: How to Delete OnlyFans Account
Most social media networks typically include the option to deactivate an account, which can be recovered within a specific time frame. Below are some of the reasons why you are not successfully able to deactivate your Reddit account.
- Unstable or disabled internet connection
- Invalid account credentials
- Deleted Google account (If you’ve signed into Reddit from a Google account)
- Complications in the browser settings
How Do You Delete Your Reddit Account on iPhone?
One can easily delete Reddit account from Browser or native iOS app.
1. Open the Safari browser on your iPhone.
2. Visit the Reddit official website on the browser.
3. Tap on the Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Then, tap on Sign Up or Log In.
5. Sign Up or Log In to your Reddit account from this page.
6. Tap on the Hamburger icon once again.
7. Tap on Settings > Account settings.
8. Swipe down to the bottom of the page and tap on DEACTIVATE ACCOUNT.
9. Enter OPTIONAL FEEDBACK, USERNAME, and PASSWORD.
10. Tap to select the I understand checkbox and tap on DEACTIVATE.
- How to Add Pictures on TikTok Video Without Slideshow
- How to Delete Profiles on Hulu
- How To Block Subreddits From Your R/all Feed?
- How to Delete Facebook Account Without Password
So, we hope you have understood how to how to delete Reddit account on app with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.