Cashless payment has become a part of everyone’s life. Since it is difficult to carry a credit card, debit card, and cash in hand to make any payment. People find it much easier to pay via cashless payment which is always handy as for that we just need to carry our mobile and have a mobile payment system. We can use those mobile payment systems to pay at retail stores around the world. In this article, we have shown which stores accept Samsung Pay.
- What Stores Accept Samsung Pay?
- How Does Samsung Pay Work
- What Devices Support Samsung Pay?
- How to Check Which Store Accepts Samsung Pay
- How to Set Up Samsung Pay
- Which Stores Accept Samsung Pay?
- Which Indian Banks Support Samsung Pay?
- Which Countries Support Samsung Pay?
- How to Pay with Samsung Pay
What Stores Accept Samsung Pay?
Samsung pay is also one of those mobile payment systems that carry your credit card, debit card, and gift cards on your Samsung device without actually bringing the physical cards with you. It is just like Google Pay and Apple Pay which allows you to make online payments and in-store purchases. But what stores accept Samsung pay and how to make a payment through Samsung pay. Continue reading the article to know about all the detailed information regarding Samsung Pay.
How Does Samsung Pay Work
Samsung Pay is accepted in almost all stores that accept NFC or MFT technology however not all. So, what is NFC or MFT? Most payment gateway these days use NFC technology to make a payment. NFC is a short form for Near Field Communication and it transfers credit or debit card information to it. However, it is a relatively new technology especially when we talk about an emerging market like India in comparison to MFT. This is what makes Samsung Pay different from Google Pay or Apple Pay as these only use NFC technology. You would have noticed there is usually a black magnetic stripe at the back of a credit or debit card which transfers the card detail while making any payment. Following is more info regarding MFT.
- MFT stands for Magnetic Secure Transmission technology and it uses the magnetic strip to transfer the card detail while making any payment through Samsung Pay.
- It can be used at almost all the places that have a traditional card machine or payment gateway.
- However, MFT has its drawback as well it is not compatible with all Samsung phones and smartwatches.
Also Read: How to Delete Uber Eats Account
What Devices Support Samsung Pay?
Below are the Android devices that accept Samsung Pay:
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Zflip
- Galaxy S21 FE
- Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S21+
- Galaxy S21
- Galaxy Note 20
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy A70s
- Galaxy A71
- Galaxy Note 10
- Galaxy Note 10+
- Galaxy A70
- Galaxy A80
- Galaxy A30s
- Galaxy A50s
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10E
- Galaxy Note 9
- Galaxy S9+
- Galaxy S9
- Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S8+
- Galaxy S7 edge
- Galaxy S7
- Galaxy S6 edge+
- Galaxy Note 5
- Galaxy A8+
- Galaxy A7(2016,2017)
- Galaxy A5(2016,2017)
- Galaxy A9 Pro
- Galaxy J7 Pro
Current Samsung wearables that support Samsung Pay are listed below:
- Gear S2
- Gear S3
- Gear Sport
- Galaxy Watch
- Galaxy Watch Active
- Galaxy Watch Active2 40 mm
- Galaxy Watch Active2 44mm
- Galaxy Watch3 42mm
- Galaxy Watch3 45mm
How to Check Which Store Accepts Samsung Pay
In order to know whether the store where you have entered accepts Samsung Pay or not follow the below points:
- Visit Samsung Website: You would not want to waste your time shopping at a store if it does not accept Samsung Pay. So, make sure to check their official website. We have also listed below the stores which accept Samsung Pay. This also brings us to the question does Walmart accepts Samsung Pay or not? The answer is No. Walmart does not accept any mobile payment method other than Walmart Pay.
- Look for the Samsung Pay Signs: It so happens sometimes that even if the store is not listed on their official website. The store still may accept Samsung Pay.
- Look for Samsung Pay POS: If you have not found the signs there are still chances that the store might accept Samsung Pay. Look for the NFC or MFT enabled POS terminals.
- Directly Ask the Counter: If you see none of the above at the store then directly ask the counter before buying anything if they accept Samsung Pay or not.
Also Read: How to Delete PayPal Account
How to Set Up Samsung Pay
Follow the below methods to set up and use Samsung Pay:
1. Download Samsung Pay from Galaxy Store.
Note: Make sure that your Samsung device is compatible with Samsung Pay.
2. Open Samsung Pay and update if there is a prompt asking to upgrade.
3. Check the box next to I have read and agree to all the Terms of Services above.
4. Next, verify with your fingerprint or pin as per your convenience.
5. Enter any four-digit pin of your choice and confirm it.
6. Tap on Add credit or debit card.
7. A pop-up will appear asking you to make Samsung Pay your default mobile payment service.
8. Tap on Set as default.
9. Then, tap on Yes when the pop-up asks to confirm.
10. Again, tap on Add credit or debit card.
11. Take the picture of your card which you want to add.
12. Select the Continue option to give permission to Allow Samsung Pay to take pictures and record videos.
12. After the scanning of the card is done. Enter card info.
13. After filling in the card info the validation of card info will be done by the bank.
14. Tap on Agree to all.
15. SMS will be sent for the card verification through the bank.
16. Enter the OTP to verify the card and click on submit.
17. Finally, select Done after the card is successfully added.
Also Read: How to Access Your Apple Account
Which Stores Accept Samsung Pay?
Below is the list of stores that accepts Samsung Pay:
- American Eagle
- Banana Republic
- 1- 800- Flowers
- Barnes and Noble
- Bed & Bath Beyond
- Best Buy
- Foot Locker
- Forever 21
- Home Depot
- J. Crew
- Nordstrom Rack
- Old Navy
- Omaha Steaks
- Pac Sun
- Stitch Fix
- Sur La Table
- Under armour
Which Indian Banks Support Samsung Pay?
Below is the list of banks which supports Samsung Pay:
- Axis Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Standard Chartered
- American Express
- Citi Bank will soon become its partner by issuing the support of credit cards.
Which Countries Support Samsung Pay?
Below is the list of countries that supports Samsung Pay:
- Hong Kong
- Puerto Rico
- South Korea
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
Also Read: 11 Tips To Fix Google Pay Not Working Issue
How to Pay with Samsung Pay
Follow the methods below to pay with Samsung Pay:
1. Open Samsung Pay on your mobile.
Note: Make sure the Samsung Pay is properly setup on your phone.
2. The default debit or credit card will appear on your screen.
3. To enter the payment mode unlock it with your fingerprint sensor or pin whichever you used during the setup of Samsung Pay.
4. Once your card gets detected the payment will start. You may be required to enter your card pin to authorize the payment.
- What is WaasMedic Agent Exe in Windows 10?
- How to Delete Plenty of Fish Dating Account
- How to Find Who Accepts Google Pay
- Top 10 Best Android Mobile Wallet
We hope that you were able to know which stores accept Samsung Pay and how to pay with Samsung Pay. Tell us in the comment below if the article helped you in knowing about the store where you wanted to use Samsung Pay.