Windows is filled with services that run in the background and keep things smooth on the surface. While we enjoy an error-free OS experience, these services are continuously working to make sure things don’t fall apart. These services make your PC efficient and Windows often releases new services to further improve the current setup. WaasMedic or Windows Update Medic Service is one such service. If you are someone looking to learn more about it, you are at the right place. In the article, we will cover what is WaasMedic Agent Exe and how you can disable WaasMedic Agent Exe and fix common issues related to it.
What is WaasMedic Agent Exe in Windows 10?
WaasMedic Agent is the Windows Update Medic Service. Following are some features of Windows update medic;
- WaasMedic Agent Exe is a vital component of Windows that manages Windows updates.
- It is a background service that mainly ensures that Windows is updating properly and without any issues.
- In case it spots any issues with the update process it repairs the damaged or problematic files in the Windows Update component.
As Windows Updates protects PC from viruses and malware attack and add new features, it becomes crucial that WaasMedic Agent Exe is working properly. However, users have reported facing some issues with it some of which are mentioned below.
- It consumes lots of disk space and CPU memory.
- It stops working due to interference by Antivirus or security programs.
- It slows down the PC.
Now, let us understand what causes these errors. There can be many reasons behind Windows update medic issues. Here are some common ones.
- Presence of Junk files.
- Files are corrupted.
- Virus and Malware attack.
How to Fix WaasMedic Agent Exe Issues
Most errors associated with WaasMedic Agent Exe can be fixed with simple methods. As mentioned earlier when explaining what is WaasMedic Agent Exe that it is a crucial component of Windows and there are many in-built options that can be used to fix it.
Method 1: Perform Disk Cleanup
You can use disk cleanup to remove temporary files and free up disk space which may fix WaasMedic WaasMedic Agent Exe issues. Follow our guide on 10 Ways to Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows 10 to perform Disk Cleanup. After freeing up disk space, reboot your PC.
Also Read: Fix WSAPPX High Disk Usage in Windows 10
Method 2: Modify Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Setting
In case viruses and malware is causing issues in Windows Update Medic Service then you can try turning on Data Execution Prevention (DEP) present in advanced settings. DEP is a feature that takes care of System memory and protects it from Viruses and Malware. Enable this feature may fix WaasMedic issues and you can do that by following these steps.
1. Press the Windows key and type about your pc. Click on Open.
2. Scroll down and click on System info.
3. Here, click on Advanced System Settings.
4. In the Advanced tab, click on the Settings button in the Performance section.
5. In the Data Execution Prevention tab, select Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select option and click on Add as shown.
6. In the popup window that opens after clicking Add, locate and select WaaSMedicAgent.exe and click on Open. It is generally located on this path
7. After opening and adding WaaSMedicAgent.exe in DEP, click on Apply and OK.
Now issues related to Windows Update Medic Service should be resolved.
Also Read: Fix Host Process for Setting Synchronization
How to Disable WaasMedic Process
Users are not permitted to remove WaasMedic Agent Exe in Windows as it is an integral part of Windows Update component but you can disable it. However, unlike many Windows Services, it can’t be removed by going to Services and gives Access is denied message when attempted. Thankfully there are several ways to disable WaasMedic Agent Exe and you can do that by following our guide to Disable WaasMedic Process.
- Top 26 Best Grammarly Alternatives
- Fix Windows 10 Critical Error Start Menu and Cortana Aren’t Working
- Fix the Wireless Autoconfig Service wlansvc Is Not Running in Windows 10
- Fix WaasMedicSVC.exe High Disk Usage in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to understand what is WaasMedic agent exe and how you can disable it. If you have any queries or suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section.