Grammarly is one of the most well-known and widely used grammar, spelling, and plagiarism detection software programs. It provides instructions on grammar, vocabulary, and syntax as well as a range of writing styles. By preventing little errors like including a hyphen, comma, or capital letter, Grammarly makes your writing faultless and simple. It also comes with an AI-powered writing assistant that assists you in writing correctly, without making any mistakes and using succinct phrases at the appropriate times. We have listed the best Grammarly alternatives in this article. So, continue reading!
- Top 26 Best Grammarly Alternatives
- 1. ProWritingAid
- 2. Linguix
- 3. Writer.com
- 4. Scribendi
- 5. Sapling
- 6. WhiteSmoke
- 7. Slick Write
- 8. After The Deadline
- 9. Hemingway
- 10. Writefull
- 11. Virtual Writing
- 12. Online Correction
- 13. Druide Antidote
- 14. PaperRater
- 15. Grammar Check
- 16. Ginger Software
- 17. Reverso
- 18. SentenceCheckup
- 19. LanguageTool
- 20. Readable
- 21. GradeProof
- 22. 1Checker
- 23. WordTune
- 24. Jetpack
- 25. Microsoft Word
- 26. Google Docs
Top 26 Best Grammarly Alternatives
This tool, however, will not assist you in locating all misuses of perfectly spelled but incorrectly positioned terms. It can’t always tell whether a statement is badly formed. And some users have also notified issues with Google Docs, like poor loading times. Grammarly has a number of competitors on the market. Here’s a handpicked list of Grammarly’s top competitors. Both free and paid tools are included on the list.
ProWritingAid is one of the finest Grammarly solutions if cost is a big consideration.
- It allows you to check for grammatical errors, readability issues, and plagiarism.
- In-depth reports for evaluating your work, including over 20 different types of reports.
- Some of the programs like Google Chrome & Docs, Microsoft Office, Scrivener, and Apache Open Office are more compatible.
- Using manuscript editing software for grammar checking makes it easy to find repeated words, provide context-sensitive style suggestions, and visualize sentence lengths and variations.
- It is compatible with both Mac and Windows PCs.
- You can use the Contextual Thesaurus report to quickly examine different wordings and provide synonyms for each word in your text.
- Word explorer that searches many dictionaries for the relevant terms and provides thorough explanations to save you time.
- Both a free and a paid edition of this feature-rich utility are available.
- A ProWritingAid premium account costs between $79 (for an annual plan) and $299 (for a monthly plan) (for a lifetime).
- It also provides a complete report on all the grammatical problems.
- It allows you to measure how simple it is to read and understand your draught by doing readability analysis.
Linguix AI-based writing helper is a real-time grammar checking tool.
- This is a great grammar and punctuation checker with alerts and suggestions.
- It can help with the repair of 9 million errors. 2,700 times for grammar, punctuation, and sentence construction.
- Extensions for a number of browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, that let you edit your work on several devices and applications. Some of those applications are Facebook, Google Docs, LinkedIn, and others.
- Use templates and shortcodes to speed up the authoring process.
- You have complete control over your personal style.
- It allows you to copy and paste your existing content while also suggesting alternate words and phrases, correcting spelling, and removing weak phrase and sentence structures and errors.
- Grammar and spelling adjustments in real-time.
- Suggestions for punctuation errors that may have gone unnoticed.
- Corrects your errors and offers advice on writing.
- Chrome addon is available.
- Statistical data should be provided.
- Recommendations that are contextually relevant
Also Read: How to Start Outlook in Safe Mode
By giving brand-specific feedback, the Writer.com grammar corrector tool helps your team maintain content quality consistency.
- It allows you to create your own style guide. It assists you in keeping your content consistent by allowing you to control permitted and forbidden phrases.
- A diverse vocabulary to keep your readers engaged.
- The content guidelines for your firm are published on a style guide website.
- Chrome, Word, and Google Docs extensions are included in all bundles.
- Clarity, deliverability, inclusivity, and plagiarism checks are included in all packages.
- Your entire team can be on the same page with your brand voice and writing style.
- Google Docs, Google Chrome, and MS Word can all be combined with ease.
- It’s possible to incorporate company jargon and boilerplate messages.
- It aids in the conversion of your text to gender-neutral pronouns.
- You can double-check the text using the style guide for your firm.
- You may use it to switch on and off various sorts of writing suggestions.
Scribendi is another one of best Grammarly alternatives. It offers a professional online editing service for all levels of prose, and is another decent grammar checker.
- It Depends on the number of words.
- In a 24-hour period, Scribendi can parse up to 10,000 words.
- The technology can process up to 10,000 words each day in a 24-hour period.
- For students, we provide a proofreading service.
- Editing service for essays.
- Proofread company documents.
- For document editing, use a grammar checker.
- Brochure and manual Proofreading.
Sapling is a wonderful Grammarly alternative that provides autocomplete suggestions to help you improve your grammar.
- The extensions are available for Firefox, Edge, and Chrome.
- A pop-up window for pasting phrases is provided for quick copy-editing.
- It learns from your actions over time.
- A group configures and controls the system.
- This AI writing aid uses deep learning technology to provide the best recommendations.
- Their base package is free, however, their pro package costs $25 per month.
- It assists in the creation of clear, concise letters, emails, and documents.
- You may quickly search for and input commonly used messages to save time.
- The services Gmail, Outlook, LinkedIn, Salesforce, ServiceNow, and others are all connected.
- The best in the class in terms of grammar and spell-checking.
- It aids in the creation of concise communications and information.
- Similar to Gmail autocomplete, but accessible through browser extensions across all online apps.
- The only grammar checker with an on-premise/self-hosted deployment option and a no-data-retention policy.
- Allows you to effortlessly repair spelling and errors.
- You may use it to check your grammar or rewrite sentences.
- Over time, it improves its grammar and writing recommendations.
WhiteSmoke is another best Grammarly alternatives tool that provides high-quality proofreading.
- The application not only corrects simple spelling problems like old-fashioned word processors, but it also includes characteristics such as word choice style faults, meaning-related errors, punctuation issues, and more.
- It employs Artificial intelligence (AI) and state-of-the-art technologies.
- You may use a spell checker, punctuation checker, grammar checker, style checker, and translator to help you write better.
- It assists in the detection of faults as well as providing further information on each one.
- The most recent version of the program has a revamped interface, a user experience test, and dozens of content improvements.
- The program allows you to rebuild your system from the bottom up in order to increase performance, and it also provides detailed information about each issue.
Also Read: How to Add a Page in Google Docs
7. Slick Write
Superfluous sentences, passive voice, adverbs, common starting words, repeated words, and other problems are flagged by Slick Write in your paragraphs.
- The lightning-fast grammar check is offered to save as much duration as possible.
- Customizable feedback to suit your personal preferences.
- Your documents’ privacy and security are ensured by data encryption.
- Make presentations and reports that are easy to understand and impactful.
- Increase your score by providing high-quality content to your viewers.
- It’s one of the Grammarly-like sites with a variety of built-in features.
- When you pick a word, a popup window displays at the bottom with related terms and thesaurus or dictionary definitions.
- For the time being, it is a free utility. There are no premium plans available.
- Key Statistics will be shown.
- The Prepositional Phrase Index is shown.
- You may check Readability Index with this Grammarly replacement for a free program.
- The flow of your information, as well as the length of your sentences and words.
8. After The Deadline
After The Deadline technique is based on open-source language checking.
- It’s a scalability-oriented intelligent language checking server.
- Intelligent Grammar Checking is included.
- They use artificial intelligence and natural language processing technology to find writing flaws and make innovative suggestions.
- Spell-checking in context is included.
- There’s also a feature called Advanced Style Checking.
- This Grammarly substitute comes with an open-source code.
- It also has a function that detects misspelled words.
The Hemingway editor was created with spelling and punctuation as a secondary consideration.
- This Grammarly alternative emphasizes readability more than Grammarly.
- It may be accessible from anywhere in the world without requiring an Internet connection.
- You may rapidly publish your posts to Medium or WordPress with a one-click link.
- Use a third-party editor like Microsoft Editor to export your work.
- You may share your work with your coworkers using Hemingway’s highlights.
- It has a basic and clean user interface.
- It is unnecessary to connect to the internet.
- Long sentences are broken down into smaller bits to make them simpler to read.
- Hemingway will handle everything for you with only a touch of a mouse.
- Long phrases, incorrect adverb usage, and difficult words are targeted by this grammar checker.
- The free version of the web app is the most basic. To download the app, though, you must spend $19.99.
- It’s one of the Grammarly-like websites that make the text more readable for the ordinary person.
- The pointers and suggestions are really thorough.
Writefull offers a set of features that help you improve the quality and consistency of your writing.
- Writefull is a free Grammarly alternative that compares your work to major language databases like Google Books, Google Scholar, Google News, and others to get fast comments.
- It is a Grammarly alternative that may help you translate your work into English.
- This is a free and open-source tool. There is no premium option available.
- Allows you to listen to the text being read out loud.
- Find out what terms were used often in the article.
- Look up synonyms for a certain term.
11. Virtual Writing
Virtual Writing is yet another useful Grammarly checker.
- Bloggers, authors, and other professionals frequently utilize the tool.
- Spell checkers, grammar checkers, punctuation checkers, paraphrase checkers, and vocabulary checkers are all available in Virtual Writing Tutor.
- It’s a powerful competitor to Grammarly since it features a word count function that shows the number of words in an essay, article, or another piece of writing.
- It double-checks and expands vocabulary.
- Virtual Writing Tutor is completely free to use, including a subscription.
- The essay evaluation is automated with a score and comments thanks to its scoring methodology.
12. Online Correction
You can use the OnlineCorrection.com tool to discover and highlight spelling mistakes.
- This Grammarly-free alternative exposes a variety of stylistic and grammatical errors.
- German, Spanish, Polish, French, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian is among the languages that may have their text repaired.
- This application makes it simple to proofread any text since it has a basic design that is simple to browse and fast.
- You don’t have to pay anything to utilize OnlineCorrection.com because it’s a free grammar checker.
- Grammarly, for example, is a free program that provides sentence building and word suggestions.
- It supports a variety of English dialects.
13. Druide Antidote
Antidote is a powerful French and English grammar checker.
- It’s a Grammarly-type program with features including error detection, grammatical diagnostics, an online dictionary, and more.
- This tool may be used on its own or in tandem with Microsoft Word.
- A one-year subscription costs US$129.95. After that, you may renew for one language for US$59.00, or for both French and English for US$99.00.
- Smart filters and an advanced corrector.
- Multiple dictionaries with advanced search capabilities.
- Language guidelines that are both clear and informative.
- Excessive or missing commas are examples of poor punctuation.
- All typographical problems may be corrected with a single click.
- Sentence syntactic analysis in detail.
- Allows you to use bold, italic, and emojis in your text.
Grammar, spelling, and action checks are all included in the PaperRater program.
- However, you will only be able to see what proportion of your content gets copied if you choose the free plan.
- Plagiarism detection using an originality score that shows how much of your work is original.
- The vocabulary builder provides you with new words, phrases, explanations, and examples as you write to help you improve your English skills.
- An automatic proofreader with grammar and spelling checker, comments and writing help, real-time and straightforward results
- Their basic plan is free, while their premium plan costs $11.21 per month or $71.55 annually.
- It generates results that are free of commercials.
- This Grammarly alternative is completely free and provides the most accurate writing advice.
- It also uses Artificial Intelligence to deliver cutting-edge grammatical checking for documents.
- An automated grading system that gives you a basic indication of how well you’re doing in your writing.
- This Grammarly substitute does not show a single line of text.
- It includes a grammar and spelling checker.
- It includes a plagiarism checker in the proofreader.
Also Read: Top 15 Grammar Apps for Android
15. Grammar Check
GrammarCheck is a user-friendly writing application.
- This Grammarly alternative is a web-based tool with features that help you write more efficiently and accurately.
- Double-check your work by entering or copying and pasting a paragraph into the dialogue box supplied.
- GrammarCheck is an online tool that is absolutely free. You do not have to pay anything to utilize this tool.
- Grammarly is a free tool for checking basic grammar and spelling.
- The system is web-based and may be accessed at any time and from any location.
- It’s easy to copy and paste content, making it simple to use.
- The constraints on capitalization, punctuation, and spelling are all displayed.
16. Ginger Software
The Ginger Grammar Checker helps you write better English and improves your writing skills.
- The technology that this program is based on is patent-pending, and it allows you to repair grammar, spelling and misused word errors.
- Emoji for self-expression, word prediction for faster typing, and customized keyboard themes are all available.
- All major browsers are supported, including Windows, Chrome, Safari, iOS, Mac, and Android.
- This Grammarly alternative allows for contextual spelling correction.
- A dictionary will guarantee that you don’t miss a word, a translator will ensure that you don’t get stuck, and a personal trainer will assist you in improving your English skills.
- Grammar rules may be used to check if your work is accurate, and proofreading can be used to check for faults with a single tap.
- With the aid of the Sentence Rewriter tool, you may produce original material and enhance it.
- Ginger Software is an internet service that is available for free. To use this tool, you do not have to pay anything.
- Correct grammatical errors in the subject, verb, and agreement.
- It has a correction for misspelled words.
- This program, similar to Grammarly, makes it simple to repair written documents.
Reverso provides online translation and grammar checks in 14 languages, including French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, and more.
- Its online translator includes translations for words, phrases, idioms, and brief texts in a range of languages.
- It also provides users with exact translations utilizing cutting-edge technology to help them enhance their vocabulary.
- Instant translations in a variety of languages with examples tailored to the scenario.
- You may achieve reliable results by using a guide to natural sentence pronunciation.
- The utility may be used without an Internet connection.
- Reverse translations and search history are available.
- Real-time suggestions result in sharing, and flashcards to help you remember terms.
- Reverso is a free plan that allows you to write up to 2500 words.
- Reverso is a fantastic translation tool that also works on websites and papers.
Also Read: How to Open a Pages File on Windows 10
SentenceCheckup is a free online grammar and spelling checker that examines your documents thoroughly for faults and to improve your writing.
- The application not only detects grammatical faults but also examines the structure of your sentences in order to make your article easier to read and understand.
- SentenceCheckup is only useful if you don’t want to pay a professional editor to proofread your work because it does it for free.
- It’s a powerful online sentence checker that’s both free and easy to use.
- To make checking and eliminating faults more efficient, advanced approaches are applied.
- The editor will also look for any inappropriate terms in your work and replace them with the proper ones.
- Checks your article’s structure to make it more meaningful.
- Grammar checkers look for flaws and mistakes in your phrases.
- It is 100% free and has no subscription options.
LanguageTool is a proofreading application that checks for grammatical, stylistic, and spelling errors in your work.
- It’s the only tool that verifies your work in more than 20 languages.
- It has a Premium plan for students, authors, and freelancers. Enterprise plans are for agencies, businesses, and other organizations.
- Add-on for Firefox and Chrome browsers.
- It is available in Google Docs, LibreOffice, and Microsoft Word add-on.
- Suggested modifications, keyboard shortcuts, rule-based editing, and privacy are just a few of the features.
- LanguageTool is a free and open-source program that allows you to translate texts into several languages. It also has a variety of paid programs for a variety of clients.
- The program includes thousands of patterns in English, French, German, and other languages for discovering errors.
- Support for many languages, a personal dictionary, and autocorrect are all included.
- For spotting faults and difficulties, an open-source online proofreading tool is available.
- LanguageTool has a free plan that allows you to check 20,000 characters every check.
Also Read: How to Create a Graph in Google Doc
Readable is a good alternative for Grammarly.
- Readable is an excellent tool for checking spelling, grammar, and readability.
- It assigns a readability score and checks for spelling and grammatical errors.
- The Flesch Reading Ease score is one of the scores it provides, and it is utilized by a variety of organizations, including government bodies.
- The closer your score gets to 100, the better.
- It will tell you how many syllables and words with more than 12 letters you have in your phrases.
- It also computes the Gunning Fox Index, which is useful in professional and commercial settings. Adverbs and frequent phrases are also highlighted.
- It provides you with multiple readability scores based on several readability assessment methodologies.
When creating a free GradeProof account, you’ll be asked which English version you use and for whom you’re writing.
- Spelling and grammatical suggestions based on AI will be provided.
- It’s a valuable tool, even though it doesn’t appear to be well-known.
- It will give you a readability score and tell you how long it will take you on average to read your article, as well as rectify any spelling and punctuation mistakes.
- A Chrome extension, as well as a Google Docs extension, are available for the utility.
- Style and eloquence tips are also available in the premium edition.
1Checker is a simple yet effective tool for checking basic spelling and grammatical problems.
- It is free to use, but you must first make an account in order to do so.
- You may use the online checker if you’re using a Chromebook with Windows 10 or don’t want to download any software.
- Downloadable desktop programs are also available on Windows and Mac systems.
- It also provides useful explanations for any errors it detects.
- There are a few different versions available.
- 1Checker contains a little dictionary search bar next to the editor.
- It allows you to easily look up word meanings, which is helpful if you’re not sure if you’re using a term properly.
- This search box may also be used to look for translations.
Also Read: How to Strikethrough Text in Google Docs
WordTune is a grammar and style enhancement application that differs from the Grammarly rivals on this list.
- WordTune focuses on whole sentence rewrites rather than serving as a proofreading tool.
- When you hover your mouse over a sentence, it will give you various choices for how to rewrite it.
- You may choose whether you want the rewrites to be professional or casual and if you want to make your work shorter or longer in the Premium edition.
- Multiple sentences rewriting suggestions are provided.
- To get synonyms for a phrase, highlight it.
- Both a Chrome extension and an online editor are available.
Jetpack is a popular WordPress plugin with features including picture loading speed, spam avoidance, social media automation, and real-time backups.
- It also has a grammar checker built directly into the WordPress editor.
- In the WordPress editor, you may make changes to your material right away.
- Find and correct spelling problems, misspelled words, grammatical flaws, and inconsistencies in writing style.
25. Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is well-known for its proofreading function, but it also has sophisticated technology that checks for spelling and grammatical errors.
- It displays the red squiggly lines in a Word document that indicate problems.
- Microsoft Word is available separately or as part of Office 365, a cloud-based software suite that contains a number of tools for office creation, collaboration, and presentation.
- Microsoft has developed Word throughout time, making it easier to make changes to a document based on Word’s suggestions and enhancing the usability and accuracy of its proofreading and grammar checker.
- It also gives you writing advice in real-time while you work on your assignments.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Google Docs
26. Google Docs
You’re undoubtedly already familiar with Google Docs, a free online tool for creating, editing, and storing documents and spreadsheets.
- Google Docs documents may be accessed from any computer or device that has an Internet connection and a web browser.
- A spelling and grammar check is also included in the web-based program’s tools menu.
- By translating phrases from improper to correct English, Google Docs takes an innovative approach to grammar.
- Google Docs’ grammar and spelling checker detects errors as you type and offers helpful suggestions based on machine translation.
- Google Docs offers a grammar and spelling checker that examines grammar automatically.
- It provides suggestions as you type, which you may accept or reject.
- However, when Google makes improvements, the technology may improve over time.
- It’s one of the Grammarly options that’s offered for free.
- Fix WhatsApp Video Call Not Working on iPhone and Android
- Fix Word File Permission Error in Windows 10
- 21 Best Free Visio Alternatives Online
- 25 Best Free Web Crawler Tools
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to know best Grammarly alternatives. If you have any queries or suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section.