Find answers to How to access an Apple account if I forgot the password? How to change Apple ID password? Right here. Being locked out of your Apple account can be quite daunting. Apple, however, provides you with the opportunity to regain access through a series of Security Questions. We shall learn this and more in this guide.
Table of Contents
How to Access Your Apple Account
Most Apple users do not simply own one Apple device. They use their iOS device in tandem with Android, Windows, or macOS devices. The Apple ecosystem is so well integrated that you can blindly depend on Apple devices & services. The common thread that connects all of your Apple devices is your Apple ID. You require it for everything ranging from accessing Apple Music and downloading content from iTunes or the App Store to changing system settings on your MacBook. In addition, it is extremely secure as only the rightful user can access it.
Note to Remember
It is important to remember that while entering the answers to your security question, punctuation and capitalization is important. Make sure to type in your answers in the same manner as you did previously. Also, use the syntax of answers that you are most likely to remember. This will make answering the questions a lot easier in a few years.
But, What if you forget your Apple ID password and/or answers to the Apple ID Security Questions. Fortunately, there are a number of fail-safe measures to log into your Apple account completely, if you lose access to your Apple ID. One such measure is the Apple ID Security Questions. Apple does not allow anyone, including the device owner, to access their account without proper authentication. So, read below to fix cannot reset Apple ID security questions.
Also Read: Can You Access Your Old Myspace Account?
Method 1: Reset Apple ID Security Questions
If you receive a message stating Cannot Reset Apple ID Security Questions, you need to confirm your username & password. In this case, attempting to log in with incorrect credentials could potentially, restrict your access to your Apple ID and, consequently, the entire Apple ecosystem. When you encounter this message, try one of the solutions listed below.
Option 1: When you remember your Apple ID & Password
1. Open the Apple ID Verification page.
2. Log-in with your Apple ID and Password.
3. Then, click on Security > Change Questions.
4. From the pop-up menu, select Reset your security questions and then, choose I need to reset my security questions. Refer given pic for clarity.
5. An email will be sent to your registered email ID.
6. Follow the reset link to reset your security questions.
7. Select new questions and fill out the answers.
8. Finally, click Continue & Update to save these changes.
Also Read: How to Reset Apple ID Security Questions
Option 2: When you don’t remember your Password
1. Open the Apple ID Verification page on any web browser on your Mac.
2. Enter your Apple ID and click on Forgot password?
3. A verification mail will be sent to your registered email ID.
4. Follow the given instructions to reset your password.
5. Thereafter, follow all the steps listed above to fix cannot reset Apple ID security questions issue.
Option 3: When you are logged-in on Another Apple Device
If you have another Apple device that is already logged in to your Apple account, use it to change whatever info you wish to modify or update. Here’s how you can access Apple account on your iPhone and make changes:
1. Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Click Password & Security option, as shown.
Method 2: Change Apple ID Password through E-mail ID
What to do if you don’t remember the answers to existing questions or cannot reset Apple ID security questions? How to resolve We do not have sufficient information to reset your security questions issue to access your Apple Account. You can tackle this issue using this method, as follows:
1. Go to your System Preferences and click on Apple ID, as shown below.
2. After entering your Apple ID, click on Forgot Apple ID or Password.
3. Open the Reset link sent to your registered email ID.
4. Change Apple ID password and gain access to your Apple ID.
5. Hereafter, you can fix Apple ID cannot reset security questions error by selecting a new set of questions & answers.
Also Read: Apple ID Two-Factor Authentication
Method 3: Two-Factor Authentication on another Apple device
If you do not have access to your registered email ID but are already logged in to your Apple ID on another device, you can utilize the Two-factor Authentication feature of Apple. You can enable two-factor authentication on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch operating on iOS 9 or later, and even on your Mac running OS X El Capitan or later.
1. Go to System preferences on your Mac.
2. Click on Apple ID, and then click on Password & Security, as shown.
3. Turn the toggle On Two-factor authentication, as depicted below.
4. An authentication code will be sent to your device that is already logged in using that Apple ID.
5. In this way, you can bypass other checks and directly fix cannot reset Apple ID security questions issue.
Also Read: How to Find Sprint Account Number and PIN
Method 4: Contact Apple Support
If you find yourself in the unfortunate position of having forgotten your password, answers to the security questions, inaccessible registered email ID, and not logged into any other device, your only option is to contact Apple Support.
The Apple support team is exceptionally efficient and helpful and should help you fix cannot reset Apple ID security questions issue in no time. You can then access your Apple account and change your Apple ID password.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q1. How do I reset my Apple ID without email or security questions?
You can reset your Apple ID without the email or security question by setting up two-factor authentication on a device that is already logged into using the same Apple ID.
Q2. What to do if you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions?
How to tackle a forgotten Apple ID security question depends on what information you can remember and access.
- You need to log into your Apple account using Apple ID & password to make any changes to your account.
- If you have access to your registered email ID, you can reset your password through a reset link sent to that email ID.
- Or, you can set up two-factor authentication on another device logged into with the same Apple ID.
- If nothing works, contact Apple Support for assistance.
- How to Fix Messages Not Working on Mac
- Fix iPhone Overheating and Won’t Turn On
- Fix A Device Attached to the System is Not Functioning
- How to Fix Apple Virus Warning Message
We hope you were able to access your Apple Account and modify details on your Mac device with the help of our helpful and comprehensive guide. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any queries or suggestions, drop them in the comment section.