After a long wait, Madden NFL has released its new installment, and many people have been excited about the latest iteration of the series. But not everyone is able to enjoy it due to various errors. Are you disheartened by seeing the error failed to start when you are about to enjoy the game? You are not alone! Thus, we have curated a perfect guide for you to fix Failed To Start Game An unexpected error occurred while starting your game issue on Madden NFL 23 on PS5/PS4 and Xbox series.
Fix Failed to Start Game An Unexpected Error Occurred While Starting Your Game on Madden 23
The reasons why did Failed To Start Game error occurred on Madden 23 are server downtime, unstable internet connection, technical issues, or corrupt/outdated game files.
First, check whether the server is down. If not, then restart the game and remove any connected devices or additional USBs then try to play the game.
If the server is active and you are still facing the issue, connect your PS5 with a wired Ethernet connection for a more stable internet connection. If this didn’t work, try the below methods on Xbox or PS5.
Method 1: Power Cycle PS5
A temporary glitch or bug in the system might also result in this error on Madden 23. So, you can restart your console. If this doesn’t work, power cycle your PlayStation console and resolve the error easily. This will reload its resources and refresh the console to remove any bugs or errors or fix any lag.
1. First, press the PS5 console power button for 5-7 seconds.
2. Now, on hearing two beeps, unplug the console power line from the electrical outlet.
3. Wait for 30 seconds and turn on the PS5 console.
Method 2: Update Console and Game
You can update your PlayStation console to fix any technical bugs. If the issue still persists, update the game by following the below steps:
1. Go to the Game Library on your PS5.
2. Select Madden NFL 23 and press the Options button on your controller.
3. Select Check for Update.
4A. If the game is up-to-date, it will display The game or app you have installed is the latest version.
4B. If an update is available, select Download and Install to initiate the process.
Method 3: Rebuild PS5 Database
Temporary cache files can become corrupt with time and slow down your device. To optimize your console, try to clear the cache and rebuild the database using the following steps:
1. Turn off your console by pressing the power button on the front panel.
2. Next, press and hold the power button and release it after the second beep.
3. Now, connect your controller and press the PS button.
4. Select Rebuild Database.
How to Fix Madden 23 Crashing on Xbox One/S/X
If Madden NFL keeps on crashing on Xbox One/S/X, you can restart the console or game, use Quick Resume to quit all apps from the background or change your console power-saving option to sleep.
Method 1: Update Console and Game
Game or console updates often include bug fixes, performance improvements, and new content. So it’s a good choice to check for them regularly.
1. Go to Xbox Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
2. Finally select Update console.
3. If there is no update available, it will display No console update available in grey.
Note: Tick the checkbox for Keep my console up-to-date & Keep my games and apps up-to-date.
4. Reboot the Xbox One console to ensure the changes are immediately applied.
Follow the below steps to update the game.
1. On the Xbox library screen, navigate to Madden NFL 23.
2. Press the menu button on the controller and select Manage game and add-ons.
3. Select Updates > Update all > UPDATE.
Method 2: Change Xbox Graphics Settings
You can change Xbox graphic settings to low-latency mode to have smoother and more responsive gameplay. Also, this can fix Failed To Start Game issue or Madden 23 crashing on Xbox X/S:
1. Go to Settings > TV & display options.
2. Select Video modes under Advanced.
3. Choose Allow auto low-latency mode.
Note: If the above option is greyed out, check whether your TV has HDMI 2.1 support.
Method 3: Clear Xbox Cache
If Madden 23 keeps crashing on Xbox, it is better to clear the console cache for better performance. It is similar to a factory reset but be sure to follow the below steps to avoid losing games and data.
Note: You need to re-sign in and change your console settings as the settings will reset.
1. Go to Xbox settings > System > Console info.
2. Here, choose Reset console.
3. Next, choose RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES & APPS.
Method 4: Change DNS settings
You can use the public Google DNS primary to avoid the persisting issue on Madden 23. Follow the below steps to change DNS settings on Xbox X/S:
1. Go to Settings and choose Network settings.
2. Select Advanced settings.
3. Select MANUAL and enter 220.127.116.11 for Primary IPv4 DNS.
4. Then, enter Secondary IPv4 DNS as 18.104.22.168.
Also Read: Fix Xbox Error Code 0x87e5002b
Method 5: Clear Persistent Storage
Your console could have accumulated lots of temporary files in the form of cache data. If these files are corrupt, it can cause Madden 23 crashing on Xbox One. So, you can clear the persistent storage by following the steps below:
1. Press the Xbox button on the controller
2. In the Profile & System tab, select Settings > Devices & connections.
3. Select Blu-ray on the right pane.
4. Select Persistent storage and then CLEAR PERSISTENT STORAGE.
Method 6: Clear Alternate Mac
Clearing the Alternate MAC Address can help fix network connectivity issues that may be causing the Madden 23 to crash on Xbox. Here’s how you can clear the Alternate MAC Address:
1. Go to Xbox Settings and select Network settings.
2. Here, choose the Test network connection option to run a speed test.
3. Then, go to Network settings again and select Advanced settings.
4. Now, open Alternative Mac address and select Clear.
5. Lastly, restart your Wi-Fi router as the Xbox console is restarting.
Also Read: Fix Xbox One Overheating and Turning Off
If the Failed To Start Game error still persists, you can reinstall the game or reach out to Madden 23 support for further assistance. We hope this article was helpful. If so, please share which method worked for you the best.