If you are an Xbox enthusiast and facing the Xbox error code 0x87e5002b, you should read this article completely. This error is one of the common errors gamers face when they launch a game on their Xbox console. Like other errors, this one is also resolvable. So, in this article, you will see the steps to fix the error code 0x87e5002b while launching a game, and Xbox one game took too long to start error in detail. Continue reading till the end to find the solution to your problem!
How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x87e5002b
Below are some of the reasons causing the error code 0x87e5002b while launching a game on Xbox.
- Faulty Xbox settings and modifications
- Pending system refresh
- Improper configuration
Now, let us turn to the methods explaining the fix for your error step-by-step.
Method 1: Perform System Refresh on Xbox
If you are also facing the Xbox one game took too long to start error, you may have to consider a system refresh to update the Xbox console. It may fix the problem in one go. Read and follow the steps listed below to do the same effectively.
1. Press the Xbox button from the controller to launch the guide.
2. Then, select Profile & system > Settings from the left pane, as shown below.
3. From the General section, select the Network settings option.
4. Select Advanced settings, as shown below.
5. Now, select Alternative Mac address > Clear.
6. Lastly, restart your Wi-Fi router as the Xbox console is restarting.
After everything is completed, check if you are still facing the error code 0x807a1007 or 0x87e5002b while launching a game on Xbox.
Also Read: Fix High Packet Loss on Xbox
Method 2: Power Cycle Xbox Console
If performing a system refresh didn’t help to solve the discussed error, you can power cycle the Xbox console. Below are the steps to do that:
1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds.
2. Unplug the cables connecting to the console and plug them back after a while.
3. Press the Xbox button once again on the console and wait for it to turn on completely while displaying the green start-up animation on the screen.
Note: If the green boot-up animation does not come up while restarting the process, repeat the above-mentioned steps again to ensure it turns on properly.
Now, check if the Xbox error code 0x87e5002b is resolved or not.
Also Read: Fix Xbox One Headset Not Working
Method 3: Reset Xbox Console
Finally, if nothing is working, you will have to reset the Xbox console to fix the Xbox one game took too long to start error. Let us see the steps to achieve it on your console.
1. Hit the Xbox button from the controller to open the Guide.
2. Select Settings > System > Console info, as highlighted below.
3. Select the Reset console option, as shown below.
4. Select RESET AND KEEP MY GAMES & APPS, as this only resets the firmware and settings.
Note: The game data remains intact and you don’t need to download everything again.
- Fix Roku Screen Mirroring Not Working on Windows 10
- Fix Xbox Error Code 0x8b0500b6
- How Do I Change My Xbox One Account from Child to Parent
- How to Cancel Xbox Game Pass on PC
So, we hope you have understood how to fix Xbox error code 0x87e5002b with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.