As we all know, Xbox is popular to enjoy the never imaginable and unforgettable gaming experience in the most amazing way possible. Still, some users face various types of issues with their Xbox consoles. One of the errors is update error code 0x8b0500b6 which can surprise the Xbox users when they try to update. Read this article till the end to learn the methods to fix the Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6 and resume enjoying the experience you once used to have.
How to Fix Xbox Error Code 0x8b0500b6
Below are some of the reasons for the update error code 0x8b0500b6 to occur on your Xbox.
- Disrupted Xbox servers
- Faulty wireless connection
- Corrupt network settings
- Consistency issues with Xbox profile
Keep on reading further to find the appropriate methods for you to fix the discussed issue on your Xbox console instantly.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Perform the below-mentioned basic troubleshooting steps before attempting the complex ones to fix the Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6.
1. Check Xbox Servers Status
Firstly, you can check the status of the Xbox servers to confirm if the servers are up and running without any disruptions. Visit the Xbox Live Status page to ensure it.
2. Use Wired Xbox Controller
Sometimes, a wireless Xbox controller can cause some connections and configuration issues with the console. In that case, you should try using a Wired Xbox controller to reduce interruptions and avoid disconnection issues whatsoever. You can use a Micro USB Type-A cable to connect the controller to your PC or console.
Method 2: Power Cycle Xbox Console
You can also power cycle your Xbox console to fix the discussed error code. Below are the steps demonstrating just that:
1. Press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds.
2. Unplug the cables connecting to the console and plug them back after a while.
3. Press the Xbox button once again on the console and wait for it to turn on completely while displaying the green start-up animation on the screen.
Note: If the green boot-up animation does not come up while restarting the process, repeat the above-mentioned steps again to ensure it turns on properly.
After this, check if you were able to fix the update error code 0x8b0500b6 or not.
Also Read: How to Fix Xbox One Keeps Signing Me Out
Method 3: Test Network Connection
The update error code 0x8b0500b6 on your Xbox can occur if your Wi-Fi connection is unstable or has an existing glitch. You can test the Wi-Fi connection on your Xbox to see if it can fix the said error code 0x87e5002b on Xbox.
1. Select the Settings option from the home screen on your Xbox console.
2. Select All settings > Network > Network settings, as shown below.
3. Then, choose the Test network connection option, as shown below.
Make sure that your connection is working fine after testing is completed.
Method 4: Remove and Re-Add User Profile
When the user profile you have signed into has consistency issues on Xbox, it may cause the Xbox One update error code 0x8b05000f. Because of these issues, you will not be able to access the required resources. Follow the upcoming steps to remove and re-add the user profile on your Xbox console.
1. On the Xbox home screen, press the Xbox button from the controller to open up the Guide.
2. Select Settings > All Settings.
3. Select Account > Remove accounts, as highlighted below.
4. Select Remove for the account you want to delete and click Close after you’re done.
5. Access the Guide again by pressing the Xbox button on the controller.
6. Click on Add & manage from the Sign-in tab.
7. Select the Add new option, as shown below.
8. Fill in your Microsoft Account Login Details and Click on Enter.
9. Read and Accept the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement.
10. Customize Sign-In & Security preferences by following the instructions mentioned on the screen.
Also Read: Fix Xbox One Headset Not Working
Method 5: Reset Xbox Console
If nothing has worked in solving the update or runtime error code 0x8b0500b6 on Xbox, you will have to reset the Xbox console finally. Let’s see the steps to reset your console.
1. Hit the Xbox button from the controller to open the Guide.
2. Select Settings > System > Console info, as highlighted below.
3. Select the Reset console option, as shown below.
4. Select RESET AND REMOVE EVERYTHING.
Also Read: Fix High Packet Loss on Xbox
Method 6: Contact Xbox Support
If the update error code 0x8b0500b6 persists after trying each and every method mentioned above, you will have to contact the Xbox support team to convey the issue. The support team will understand the error you are facing and will provide the solutions to fix them as early as possible. You can visit the Xbox support page to initiate the process from your desktop browser itself.
- Fix Configuration System Failed to Initialize on Windows 10
- How Do I Change My Xbox One Account from Child to Parent
- How to Cancel Xbox Game Pass on PC
- 10 Ways to Fix Xbox One Controller Disconnecting Randomly
So, we hope you have understood how to fix Xbox error code 0x8b0500b6 with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.