Xbox is one of the most trending gaming platforms across all ages. This platform provides a high-class gaming experience and supports most trending games such as Grand Theft Auto V, Watch Dogs, etc. Some games on this platform are meant for people above 18, so they have an option of adult or child accounts. So, if you are wondering how to promote child account to adult account Xbox, you are at the right place to learn about it. In this article, we will take a look at how to change my Xbox One account from child to parent or how to change Xbox account to adult.
- How Do I Change My Xbox One Account from Child to Parent
- Why is My Xbox Account Still a Child Account?
- How to Change Age of Xbox One Account?
- How Do I Turn Off Parental Controls on My Xbox Account? How to Make Your Xbox Account Not a Child Account?
- How Do I Change My Xbox One Account From Child to Parent?
- How Do I Change My Xbox Account from Child to Parent?
- How Do I Turn Off My Child’s Account on Xbox One?
- What are the Features of Xbox Family Account?
How Do I Change My Xbox One Account from Child to Parent
Before getting to the steps explaining how you can change the child Xbox account to the adult one, let us see why your account is still a child one.
Why is My Xbox Account Still a Child Account?
Every country has its own age limit restrictions. And it is probably 18. So, if your Microsoft account shows your age below the permitted age limit, your Xbox will have a child account activated. Because Xbox, by default, takes the age from your Microsoft account.
How to Change Age of Xbox One Account?
It is very easy to change the age of your Xbox One account. But if your age is below the age limit, that is 18, you might require a parental control password if it has been set. You can consider the below steps to modify the age to change my Xbox One account from child to parent:
1. Visit the Xbox website on your computer.
2. Click on the Sign in option from the top right corner of the screen.
3. Sign in to your account using your login credentials.
4. Click on your Profile icon > My Microsoft account.
5. Click on the Your Info option from the top of the screen, as shown.
6. Then, click on the Edit date of birth option next to your birth date.
7. Verify your account by entering the code sent to your email or mobile number.
8. Change the Birthdate fields to the desired one.
9. Finally, click on the Save button from the bottom.
Also Read: How to Fix Xbox One Keeps Signing Me Out
How Do I Turn Off Parental Controls on My Xbox Account? How to Make Your Xbox Account Not a Child Account?
It is easy to remove parental control from your child’s account. Follow the below steps on how to promote child account to adult account Xbox:
1. On your Xbox, open up Settings.
2. Select Account > Privacy & online safety, as shown below.
3. Enter the Parental control passkey.
4. Now, select the Xbox Live privacy option.
5. Then, select the Adult defaults More Social option, as shown below.
Now, your Xbox account will not be a child account anymore. It will now be set as an Adult account.
How Do I Change My Xbox One Account From Child to Parent?
It is very easy when you ask how to change my Xbox One account from child to parent. But you will require the parental control password to do it. It is compulsory to have the parental control password so that a child himself cannot change their account to an adult. By default, the age limit is set to the person’s age on their linked Microsoft account.
1. On your Xbox controller, press the Xbox button to open up the menu.
2. Choose the Settings > Account options from the left pane.
3. Now, select Privacy & online safety and enter the Parental control passkey, as shown below.
4. Then, select Xbox privacy > Adult defaults More Social.
How Do I Change My Xbox Account from Child to Parent?
Follow the below steps on how to change Xbox account to adult:
1. Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller and choose Settings.
2. Select the Account > Family settings.
3. Then, choose the Manage family members option and look for the member whose age limit you want to change.
4. Then, update the age restriction under the Access to content according to your needs.
You can also consider the Xbox support for more help regarding the same.
Also Read: How to Gameshare on Xbox One
How Do I Turn Off My Child’s Account on Xbox One?
You can set a screen time limit for your child’s Xbox One so that it turns off Ones the limit is crossed. To do so, you can consider the below steps on how to change my Xbox One account from child to parent:
1. Go to the Microsoft Account page on your desktop browser.
2. Click on the Sign-in option and use your credentials to sign in.
3. Click on your Profile icon from the top right corner.
4. Then proceed to click on the My Microsoft Account option, as shown below.
5. Click on the Family option from the top right corner, as shown below.
6. Look for your child’s account, and click on the Screen time option.
7. Then, enable the Xbox screen time option, and set the screen time for every day according to your conditions.
You have now set the child limits on your child’s Xbox account.
What are the Features of Xbox Family Account?
Some of the important features of the Xbox family account are as follows:
- It allows three types of accounts: adult, teenage, and child, so every family member can access it.
- It provides a parental control feature for a child’s account so they can play safely.
- It also becomes very easy to maintain a family-friendly gaming experience on it.
- Adult accounts have control of everything so that they can set screen time limits for their children so that they don’t get addicted to it.
- Fix Phone Not Allowed MM6 Error
- How to Cancel Xbox Game Pass on PC
- Is The Forest on Xbox One?
- How to Disable Xbox Game Bar in Windows 11
We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned to change my Xbox One account from child to parent. Let us know which method worked the best for you. Drop your queries or suggestions, if any, in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.