If you want to use your old Xbox account but can’t because you lost the password or can’t access the security details, you may need to recover your old Xbox one account. You can access an account recovery form from Microsoft. You have the option to add data to the tool that can help confirm your identity. Another option is to transfer the data to a different Xbox. So, your Xbox comes with a recovery tool for accounts, and it is the most straightforward and often utilized method of restoring your account. Are you an Xbox one user and wondering how do you recover your old Xbox one account? Or how to get your Xbox account back if you forgot your email and password? Stay tuned until the end to find all the answers. We are bringing you a helpful guide that will resolve all your doubts, like how to recover your Xbox Live account with just your Gamertag or reconnect to Xbox Live.
How Do You Recover Your Old Xbox One Account
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to recover your old Xbox one account and reconnect to Xbox Live in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
In the Xbox universe, a Gamertag serves as your alter identity. It consists of a nickname, a Gamerpic, an optional avatar or photo, and some information to represent you when you play games and interact with other Xbox community members. The classic Gamertag you’re referring to is how your name appears in older games.
For example, according to the new system, your new Gamertag would be destroyer#1618. The classic Gamertag is destroyer1618 because older games don’t support symbols.
How Do You Get into Your Xbox Account?
You can get into or sign in to your Xbox account with the help of the following steps:
1. Access the Guide on the console by pressing the Xbox button from the controller.
2. From the Profile & system tab, select Add new.
3. Enter your Email, phone, or Skype in the given field.
4. Then, enter your password and Sign in.
Now, let’s see how to get your Xbox account back if you forgot your email and password.
Also Read: How to Upload Xbox Custom Gamerpic
You can get back or recover your Xbox account with the help of the phone number using the steps listed below.
1. Visit the Microsoft account recovery page in your browser.
2. Enter your phone number and click on Next.
Note: You will receive a recovery code on the associated phone number. You have the option to receive the recovery code on your phone and further verify it while regaining access to your Xbox account.
3. Choose the recovery email address, enter the recovery email and click on Get code.
4. Enter the verification code sent to your recovery email and click on Next.
5. Now, enter and re-enter the new password and click on Next.
6. Click on Sign in to get into your account.
If the above method did not work for you, you could utilize the recovery account form given in Xbox support. Give it your best effort to be accurate.
Here are the steps to quickly locate your old Xbox account email
Note: This method will only work for you if you have access to your Xbox profile on the console.
1. You must hit the Xbox button on your controller to access Guide on your Xbox console.
2. Select the Settings tab > Settings option.
3. Then, choose Account tab > Sign-in, security & passkey.
4. Here, enter your 6-digit passkey.
5. Your email address can be found in the Show on Home section in the center section of the screen.
Yes, your old Xbox account can get deleted. You have 60 days from the date of closure to sign in and reopen a closed Microsoft/Xbox account. Your account and data expire after that time with the inactivity as the reason for closing your account.
Yes, you can recover your old Xbox account. You must provide your old account email and password and enter the security code that was sent to your email address after entering your account details. Following that, you can access your previous Xbox Account.
Fortunately, you can get your deleted data back and continue using your Xbox. Another option is to transfer the data to a different Xbox. If you’ve forgotten your prior Xbox account password and are unable to access the account’s security information, Microsoft also provides an account recovery form.
You have the choice to add information to the tool that can support identity verification. You might not be able to access the verification form if you enabled two-step verification for your prior account. To locate your previous Xbox account via obtaining a recovery code, follow these steps:
Note: An active email account is required. You need to have a working email account to proceed with the process. You can get additional information about your request by emailing the address you supplied. Please note that the email address you submit will get your recovery information.
1. Visit the Microsoft account recovery page in your browser.
2. Enter your email address and click on Next.
Note: In addition to your email ID, you can also input your phone number to obtain a recovery code on that line. The recovery code can be delivered to your phone, where you can further validate it and regain access to your Xbox Live account.
3. Select the recovery email address or phone number and click Get code.
4. Type the verification code received in your recovery email inbox and click on Next.
5. Click Next after entering and verifying the new password.
6. Click on Sign in to access your previous Xbox account with the new password you have reset.
Read this article from the start to learn how to get your Xbox account back if you forgot your email and password.
Also Read: How to Perform Xbox Gamertag Recovery
Your Gamertag cannot be used to restore your Xbox Live account. To restore your Xbox Live account, you must have an email address or access to your personal information. Now, let’s see how to reconnect to Xbox Live.
Even though your Xbox One can play games offline, playing online with Live is more enjoyable. Sadly, the online functionality of Xbox consoles can occasionally be a cause of frustration. On your console, the problem could sometimes appear for some reason. This error on your console is frequently caused by issues with the server. Incorrect setups, out-of-date firmware, or unstable networks could also be blamed. If you experience trouble syncing your Xbox One with Xbox Live. And here is a guide on how you can reconnect to Xbox Live in a few easy steps.
Method 1: Verify Xbox Live Servers Status
As mentioned in the causes, Xbox Live servers can be a prominent reason to cause connection issues on your console. A temporary issue with the server can be responsible for the error which occurs either due to a maintenance period or because of an unexpected outage caused by a hardware fault or so. Therefore, you must visit the Xbox Live server status page to check if there are any issues with your Xbox service. Follow the steps given below to attempt this method:
1. Firstly, visit the Xbox Status page.
2. Now, click on the Games & gaming option.
3. Now, check if the games you are playing are affected by some issues or are down.
If the game you want to launch is present in the list, wait for the issue to be resolved and check the Xbox Status page again in some time. Read this article from the start to understand the steps to recover your old Xbox one account.
Method 2: Restart Xbox One Console
Many times, most of the error codes are related to temporary issues that are easy to resolve with a simple reboot. Restarting the Xbox One console refreshes the system and brings it back to normal with no glitches while launching a game in it.
1. Press the Xbox button on the controller for a few seconds to open Power Center.
2. Now, select Restart console, as shown below.
3. Finally, select the Restart option to confirm and proceed with the process.
Also Read: How Can You Fix Your Xbox One Sign In
Method 3: Relogin into Xbox Live Account
Let’s see the steps to sign out and sign in to your Xbox Live account.
1. Go to Profile & system menu on your Xbox console.
2. Under Profile & system, select the Sign out option.
3. After signing out of your account, navigate to the Sign in! menu in the Xbox console.
4. After signing in back, restart the game.
Method 4: Troubleshoot Network Connection
The connectivity issue is either due to the console not being able to connect to the home network or poor streaming quality that leads to random shutdowns. In such a situation, troubleshooting network connection helps a lot. Follow the steps given below to test and identify the problem:
1. Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide menu.
2. Now, select Profile & system tab > Settings.
3. Under the General tab, open Network settings.
4. Now, select Test network connection in the Troubleshooting menu.
After testing is complete, make sure that the network is working fine for your Xbox and reconnection is established.
Xbox Live online gaming network was released in 2002, enabling players to engage in online competition. Xbox Live has almost two million subscribers, making it one of the console’s most popular games.
- Can Two Facebook Accounts Have the Same Email?
- How to Reset Samsung Galaxy S8 without a Google Account
- How to Change Your Profile Picture on Xbox App
- How to Perform Bethesda Account Recovery
So, we hope you have understood how to recover your old Xbox one account and reconnect to Xbox Live with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.