While the PS5 boasts impressive features, it may occasionally experience increased lag compared to the PS4 console. Dive into this guide to understand why your PS5 lags more and explore effective solutions to resolve the issue.
Why Does My PS5 Lag More Than PS4?
There could be many reasons why PS5 lag more than PS4. We cannot precisely blame development for this kind of issue. There are many factors associated with why PS5 lagging more than PS4. Keep on reading this article to know more about why does my PS5 lag more than PS4.
Does PS5 Have More Input Lag?
Yes, it is said that PS5 has more input lag than its competitors. It is said to have a moderate amount of 69.1 ms or 4.15 frames of input lag. So the Play Station 4 Pro version of SNK fighter and PS4 Version experiment at 4.07 and 4.10 frames.
When the games were officially initiated, Noodalls tested the PS5 Version of KOF15. It created 90.67 ms / 5.44 frames of delay. So developers were able to control 1.3 frames within a few months. A difference of 1/60 second is not considered a drastic change to be achieved. Only well-experienced players can do about it and judge it.
Why does My PS5 Lag So Much?
When it comes to Playstation, the first word we remember is Sony. It has many successful inventions associated with it. But currently, it mainly focuses on building dominant and efficient working consoles. No matter how much effort you put into a development, chances are there will still be some errors or malfunctions, but don’t worry as this is a common issue in team development. So, now tet us see the causes of why PS5 lag so much
- Firstly, it could be due to a poor internet connection. So it could be your network, or it could be a fault in the PlayStation network or a server time-out problem. So perform a troubleshooting method to get rid of it.
- Secondly, it could be latency issues. Sometimes it does not have enough energy to provide the game at 60FPS. So you can use the option PS5 performance mode.
- Thirdly, it could be due to the condition of overheating. Placing the devices in uncomfortable areas and containing too much dust inside can put the device in an overheating condition. It could also end you in a dangerous situation to not use the play station again.
- Another possible reason could be insufficient storage in your device. During the installation process, you need more space to complete the entire process. So always have an option for ample storage space.
- High graphic settings can also lead to this kind of problem.
- Software issues are the leading cause that one can’t deny. As in PC, if we face that kind of issue, we will always prefer to restart. The same methodology applies here. You can restart your PlayStation, or you can update, or you can try a factory reset.
- Unresolved bugs and malware can be another reason.
Can You Use Hotspot for PS5?
Yes, you can use a hotspot for PS5. It is normal to use a hotspot in certain conditions. Accordingly, you will have to use your mobile data in this case. As with any other device, you will connect with the Wi-Fi network produced by your data card. So setting up a hotspot and connecting your device is not a complicated process.
Should I Use Ethernet on PS5?
Yes, you might need an ethernet on PS5 if you have a wired connection for PS5 rather than a wireless network. It is easy to connect. It would help if you connected a wire with your router with the preferred PS5 console. There are various types of connectors when it comes to ethernet cables. Mainly used connectors are RJ-45 Connectors. And this type of connector is used in most devices, not only in PS5.
Still, now the world depends upon the wireless network. But it is good to go with ethernet cables as it is a good option for PSG. You can rely highly on Ethernet cables as they don’t disappoint you with poor network issues. So ethernet cables are highly reliable.
What Internet Speed is Best for PS5?
Games are highly reliable on a good network connection. A minimum of 50-100 MBPS is needed for a download time. Is it always good to have a reasonable network in your area when you play your PS5. A 10 – 15 Mbps network is needed to handle 4 to 5 hours of download time. If you face any issues in the network, please check your hardcore routers. Plenty of downloads can cause network issues. So it is suggested to have an ethernet cable connection to avoid this kind of problem.
Does PS5 Lag Less Than PS4?
Yes. There are many possible reasons why PS5 lag less than PS4. It is noted that PS5 has twice the processing capabilities of PS4. There is a unit called teraflops to define the processing capacity. PS5 has 10.3 teraflops, while the PS4 has 1.84 teraflops. PS5 is nine times more powerful than PS4.
Also Read: 12 Easy Fixes for Twitch Lagging Issues
How Can I Make My PS5 Run Faster?
Now that you know why does my PS5 lag more than PS4, let us take a look at how you can make your device faster. Below we have mentioned a few methods that will help you reduce unexpected lagging.
Method 1: Restart PS5 Console
You can restart your PS5 console to eliminate temporary glitches in the software. For this, what you need to do is:
1. Press the PS5 button.
2. Select Power.
3. Choose Restart PS5.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
You can restart the router or modem, or try to improve internet connectivity & then reconnect to your console. For that, you can read out guide on Slow Internet Connection? 10 Ways to Speed up your Internet! and learn the effective ways to speed up your internet.
Alternatively, you can use an ethernet cable to ensure you are connected to a strong network and not interrupted due to other frequencies. Let’s see the steps to set up internet connection on your PS5 using a LAN cable.
1. Select Settings > Network from PS4 menu, as shown.
2. Select the Set Up Internet Connection option.
3. Then, choose the Use a LAN Cable option & continue to set it up.
Also Read: Fix PS5 Controller Not Working on PC
Method 3: Pause Downloads
The next thing you can try is pausing all downloads to reduce lagging issue.
1. Press the PlayStation button on your PS5 controller.
2. Choose the Download/Uploads option from the quick menu.
3. Select an ongoing download from the list.
4. Press the X button and select Pause.
Read this article from the start to learn why does my PS5 lag more than PS4.
Method 4: Disable Automatic Updates
When you turn off automatic updates on PS4, you can manually update them as per your requirement. This can potentially prevent PS5 lagging.
1. Go to Settings.
2. Select Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
3. Choose the Automatic Updates option from the left pane.
4. Turn off the toggle for the Auto Download option.
How Do I Make My PS5 Less Laggy?
One thing that is common among PS5 users is the constant worry about making their PS5 less laggy. But you do not have to worry anymore as we have mentioned a few effective measures for the same. Follow the methods mentioned above to learn how you can prevent your PS5 from unexpected lagging issues.
Also Read: How to Fix PS5 Blinking Blue Light
We hope that you learned about why does my PS5 lag more than PS4. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.