Samsung TV users can take advantage of a wide range of features and settings to enjoy their favorite shows, films, and games. Moreover, Samsung TV Plus is a free streaming service available on their smart televisions that offer a range of channels with live and on-demand content. By default, the service is set to automatically play when you turn on your device. So, read this article until the end to learn how to stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing and remove TV Plus from Samsung TV.
How to Stop Samsung TV Plus from Automatically Playing
Samsung is a South Korean electronics brand famous worldwide for its electronic products, such as mobile phones, smart TVs, laptops, refrigerators, ACs, etc. Samsung sells a multitude of TVs worldwide each day due to their high-quality displays and user-friendly interfaces. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
If you want to stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing content on your Samsung device, you can follow these steps:
1. Turn on your Samsung TV and navigate to the Samsung TV Plus app.
2. Press the Down button on your TV remote control.
3. From the menu, select Remove.
4. Then, select Disable from the popup menu.
Once you have completed these steps, Samsung TV Plus should no longer start automatically on your Samsung device.
Why Does Samsung TV Plus Turn On by Itself? Why Does Samsung TV Plus Randomly Turns On?
Samsung Smart TV has many features that are meant for the user’s convenience, but one of the smart features is the Autorun Last App feature which automatically turns on Samsung TV Plus whenever you turn on your Samsung TV. This is the reason why your Samsung TV Plus randomly turns on whenever the TV is switched on.
Why Does My Samsung TV Keep Going to TV Plus?
When you turn on your Samsung Smart TV, it may automatically begin streaming random movies and web series. This occurs as a result of a smart feature on Samsung TV called Autorun Last App.
How Do I Turn Off Autostart on My Samsung TV?
Every time you turn on your Samsung TV it automatically starts playing material from Samsung TV Plus, It’s very irritating. Nobody wants to watch or listen to random television series or movies that begin playing on their own. If you want to turn off Autostart feature, here is a guide to turn off Autostart feature on a Samsung TV.
Method 1: Disable AutoRun Last App Feature
The first method is to turn off the AutoRun Last features that work with the Samsung TV Plus app and automatically run movies and web series from where you left off last time.
1. Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote to open the Smart Hub options.
2. Here, select Settings.
3. Switch to the General tab and select the Smart Features option.
4. Under the Smart Features menu, select the Autorun Last App option. If it’s turned on, press the OK button on the remote to turn it Off.
Also Read: Fix Samsung TV Plus Not Working
Method 2: Disable Samsung TV Plus
If disabling autorun doesn’t work, you can disable Samsung TV Plus from your Samsung smart TV because Samsung TV Plus randomly turns on and plays any movies or shows automatically when the TV is turned on.
1. From the Home Screen of your Samsung TV, select the Samsung TV Plus app.
2. Then, press the Down button on your remote to expand the menu.
3. Select the Remove option from the popup menu.
4. Now, from the confirmation popup screen, select the Disable option, as shown.
Note: If you want to get the TV Plus app back, navigate to Sources > Samsung TV Plus > Add to Home.
Method 3: Delete Samsung TV Plus Channels from Channel List
The second method only removes Samsung TV Plus app from the Home Screen. For optimum results, you should keep Autorun off and remove TV Plus channels from your TV.
1. Press the Channel List Button on your TV remote or select the Channel List option from the Home Screen.
2. Select the Edit Channel option preset at the bottom of the screen.
3. From the list of channels, select Samsung TV Plus and select the checkbox for the Choose All option.
4. To delete all TV Plus channels, select the Delete option from the screen.
5. Confirm the deletion by selecting the Next option from the alert popup.
Also Read: How to Clear Cache on Samsung TV
How Do I Stop My Samsung TV from Playing Samsung TV Plus?
If you want to stop your Samsung TV from playing Samsung TV Plus, you can follow the methods mentioned above on how do I turn off autostart on my Samsung TV.
How to Stop Samsung TV Plus from Automatically Playing
You can read and follow the solutions outlined in the above heading to stop your Samsung Smart TV from playing on random channels.
How to Remove TV Plus from Samsung TV
If your Samsung device automatically starts playing content from Samsung TV Plus, you can remove Samsung TV Plus. To do so, navigate to Samsung TV Plus app on the home screen and select the Remove > Remove option from the ensuing popups.
How to Turn Off Live TV on Samsung Smart TV
Below are the steps to turn off Live TV on Samsung Smart TV:
1. Access the Channel List on your Samsung Smart TV and select the Edit Channel option.
2. Then, select Samsung TV Plus.
3. Mark the Choose All checkbox and select the Delete option.
By deleting the Samsung Smart TV channels, you will no more see the automatic Live TV upon turning on your TV.
- Do Flickr Accounts Expire?
- How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac
- How to Download Apps on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Remove YouTube from Smart TV
So, we hope you have understood how to stop Samsung TV Plus from automatically playing with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.