With the advent of smartphones, capturing photos has become an integral part of our daily lives. iPhones, in particular, are one of the most popular smartphones globally, and with their superior camera capabilities, they have become the go-to device for capturing special moments. However, the quandary arises when it’s time to transfer these precious moments from our iPhones to our Macs. Are you unaware of how to do so? In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of how to import or transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook.
How to Import Photos from iPhone to Mac
Want to see your photos on your Mac, but don’t know how you can transfer them from your iPhone? Well, worry no more, because, we have mentioned 7 different methods through which you can import photos from different devices like a pro. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll be able to import your iPhone photos with ease and keep them organized on your Mac. So, let’s get started!
There are several ways to import photos from an iPhone to a Mac computer. Here is one of the methods, via the Photos app:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a USB cable.
2. Open the Photos app on your Mac.
3. Select your iPhone from the list of devices on the left-hand side of the app.
4. Choose the photos you want to import, or select Import All New Items to import all photos that haven’t been imported before.
5. Click Import to begin the transfer.
Method 1: Using AirDrop
If you like to preserve your precious memories, you might be wondering how to import photos from iPhone to Mac without USB. To transfer photos, you can make use of the AirDrop feature on your device. Follow the steps given below to import photos using the AirDrop feature.
Note: Ensure that both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are enabled on your Mac and iPhone. Besides that, keep both devices within a range of about 30 feet.
1. First, launch the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Choose the desired photos that you wish to transfer to your Mac.
3. After that, tap on the Share icon from the bottom left corner of your iPhone screen.
4. Next, tap on the AirDrop option, as shown below.
5. Select your desired Mac device from the list of options.
Also Read: How to Invert Colors on iPhone Photos
Method 2: Using Photos App
Here is another method that you can opt for to transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook:
1. Insert one end of the USB cable into your iPhone.
2. Insert the other end to your Mac to connect both devices.
3. Following that, launch the Photos app on your Mac.
Note: If the import screen is not visible automatically, click on your device name in the Photos sidebar.
4. Then, unlock your iPhone by entering your passcode if you are asked to do so.
5. Next, tap on the Trust option if a prompt appears on your iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer.
6. Hereafter, choose the desired location where you wish to import the photos. You can either make a new album or choose an existing album.
7. Next, choose the desired photos that you wish to import and then choose one of the following options:
- Import Selected: To transfer specific photos.
- Import All New Photos: To transfer all photos from your camera roll.
8. After the whole process gets over, disconnect your iPhone from your Mac.
Method 3: Using Files App
By connecting the cloud services such as Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox, you can transfer files between devices. To learn how to import photos from iPhone to Mac using the Files app, you need to first enable the apps by using these steps.
1. Navigate to the Files app on your iPhone.
2. Next, tap on the Browse tab from the bottom right corner of your iPhone screen.
3. Now, tap on the three-dotted icon > Edit option.
4. Under the Locations section, turn on the toggle for the desired storage app from the list.
5. Finally, tap on Done.
6. Now, choose the desired photos that you wish to transfer from your iPhone to Mac.
7. Then, tap on the Share icon.
8. Select the Save to Files option.
9. Select the desired storage app, like Google Drive, iCloud Drive, On My iPhone, or Dropbox as your preference.
10. Choose the desired folder where you wish to import the photos.
11. Now, tap on the Save option.
After you are done with this, you can view your videos and photos in the same storage app on your Mac.
Also Read: How to See FaceTime Photos
Method 4: Using iCloud Photos
If you own various Apple devices, you can sync all your photos and videos with all Apple devices with the help of iCloud Photos. But ensure you have the iCloud Photos option enabled on all your devices. Follow the below-mentioned steps to learn how to transfer photos from iPhone to MacBook Air:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on Photos.
3. Turn on the toggle for the iCloud Photos option.
4. Next, go to the Photos app on your Mac.
5. Navigate to Photos > Preferences from the menu.
7. Click on the iCloud option.
8. Enable the iCloud Photos option by selecting the checkbox.
Now, your iPhone photos will automatically get synced on iCloud Photos and you can access them on your Mac easily from the macOS Photos app.
Also Read: How to Transfer Photos from Nexus 5x to PC
Method 5: Using iCloud Photo Stream
You can store all your videos and photos on the cloud using iCloud Photos. On devices where iCloud photo stream is turned on, only on those devices does iCloud photo stream uploads new photos excluding the videos and Live Photos. So, you can make use of iCloud photo stream.
Read the steps given below to get familiar with this method:
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your Apple ID from the top.
3. Next, navigate to iCloud > Photos option.
4. Then, turn on the toggle for the My Photo Stream option.
5. Now, launch the Photos app on your Mac.
6. Click on the Photos > Preferences > iCloud option.
7. After that, check the My Photo Stream box.
Then from your iPhone, photos will sync to the photo stream automatically.
Method 6: Using Image Capture
Using the Image Capture app, you can learn how to import photos from iPhone to Mac. Follow the steps mentioned below to import pics from your iPhone:
1. Start by connecting your iPhone to your Mac by using a USB cable.
2. Then, launch the Image Capture app on your Mac and choose your iPhone located under the Devices section.
3. After that, click on the Import to Menu located at the bottom of the screen to choose where you wish to save your pics.
4. Next, choose the desired pictures you wish to import.
5. Choose the Import or Import All option.
Also Read: 19 Best Photo Recovery App for iPhone
Method 7: Using Email
To transfer photos, you can also make use of the email app. To know how to do this, follow the steps given below:
1. Start by launching the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. Choose the desired images and videos that you want to transfer.
3. Next, tap on the Share icon located in the bottom left corner of the screen.
4. Then, tap on the Mail app or any other desired email app from the menu that will be visible on your screen and Send the email.
- Is Zombie Army 4 Cross Platform between Xbox and PS4?
- How to See History on iPhone Calculator
- Does iPhone Camera Lens Protector Affect Picture Quality?
- Where Do Permanently Deleted Photos Go?
So, this brings us to the end of our article. After reading this guide, we hope you learned how to import photos from iPhone to Mac. Do tell us which of the above methods worked for you the best. Let us know in the comments section below if you have any suggestions or queries. Also, you can convey what you want to learn about next.