FaceTime (FT) app lets users stay in touch with their friends and families by allowing them to make audio and video calls. While you are on a FaceTime video call, you would want to capture a few pictures so that you can view them later. FaceTime app offers amazing features like its Portrait mode lets users blur their background and put the visual focus on themselves during the FaceTime call. The Spatial audio feature makes users feel that the people they are talking to are in the same room itself, as the Spatial audio feature spreads out the voices during the call. The Voice Isolation mode prevents background noises, and the Wide Spectrum mode includes all of the voices around you. Read our article carefully to learn how to see FaceTime photos or can you save FaceTime videos. You will also learn where do FaceTime photos go and whether is FaceTime down. Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How to See FaceTime Photos
You will get to know if can you save FaceTime videos and how to see FaceTime photos further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
Is FaceTime Down?
You can learn if FaceTime is down or not by navigating to the Apple System Status page. This page gives updated information about the status of various Apple services including FT.
- To check FaceTime’s status, ensure that the circle located to the left of FT is green.
- The system status webpage also provides information regarding the services that have planned maintenance work so if you are going to fix any critical video call then check it before.
- If Apple’s services are facing an outage, then FT might not function.
- Besides that, also ensure that there is no local issue that is preventing your FaceTime to function.
How to See FaceTime Photos?
To learn how to see FT photos, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Enable FaceTime Live Photos
To make yourself familiar with how to see FaceTime photos on your device, first make sure that FT live photos option is enabled on your device before you can locate them on your device. Read the steps mentioned below to learn how you can enable FT photos on your device:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the FaceTime option.
3. Turn on the toggle for the FaceTime Live Photos option. After enabling this feature, you would allow live photos to be captured during the FaceTime video call.
Step 2: Capture Live Image
After enabling FT live photo feature, you will be allowed to capture a live image during the call. Follow the steps mentioned below to capture the live image:
1. Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone.
2. Next, type the phone number or the name of the person you want to talk to in the search box located at the top.
3. Tap on the FaceTime option and wait for the person to answer.
4. Tap on the shutter icon located on the bottom left of your iPhone screen to take the photo.
Note: FaceTime Live photos option should be enabled on both devices to take the picture. If you receive the notification that FaceTime needs to be enabled on both devices then that means that the person you are talking to has not enabled this feature on their device. When you capture a picture during the FT call then the other person is notified by the app that the picture has been captured.
Step 3: Find FaceTime Live Photos
After you have captured FaceTime live photos, then you should learn how to see FaceTime photos.
By default, your iPhone keeps these photos in your Photos app > Albums > Live Photos. So, navigate to the Photos app to see these pictures.
- If you are not able to find the pictures in the Photos app, ensure that you have not turned on any third-party storage apps, because if this is the case then your iPhone would store the live photos there automatically.
- Besides that, also ensure that you have storage space because if your device does not have storage space, then you will not be able to click the new pictures.
Also Read: Where to Find Passwords on Mac?
Can You Save FaceTime Videos?
Yes. But to save the FT video calls or audio calls, make sure that you record them first. To make yourself familiar with how to record FaceTime call on iPhone, keep reading.
How to Record FaceTime Call on iPhone?
After getting familiar with how to see FaceTime photos, now let’s discuss how to record a FaceTime call on iPhone without audio, read the steps discussed below:
1. Start the desired FaceTime call.
2. Then, navigate to the Control Center on your iPhone by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
3. After that, tap on the screen recording icon.
4. Consequently, after 3 seconds your iPhone would start recording what is displayed on your screen except for the audio. Till that time swipe down to return back to the FaceTime call.
5. After the call, go back to the Control Center again and then tap on the Screen Recording option to end the recording.
6. After the recording is over, you can find the recording in the Photos app > Albums > Screen Recording on your iPhone.
Also Read: Where Do Downloads Go on iPhone?
How to Screen Record with Audio on iPhone?
To record a FT call on iPhone with audio, follow the steps discussed below:
1. Access the Control Center on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap-hold the screen recording icon.
3. Then, turn on the Microphone option. After you turn on this option, it would show Microphone On.
4. After three seconds your iPhone would start recording what is displayed on your screen including the audio. Until then swipe down to return back to the call.
5. Return to Control Center after the call is ended and tap on the Screen Recording icon to end the recording.
Note: After the recording ends, go to the Photos app on your iPhone to find the recording. If your iPhone storage is full then the video or call that you have recorded would not be saved, so ensure that you have enough storage space on your device.
Also Read: How Do You Delete a Group on FaceTime
Where Do FaceTime Photos Go?
When you are making a video call on FaceTime, you would want to click a photo during the call so that you can have a look at those photos whenever you would want to cherish those moments again. But for that, you should know where FaceTime photos go so that you can look at them afterward.
So, the answer to where the FacetTme photos go or where do FaceTime screenshots go is the Photos app on your iPhone. The FaceTime photos or videos are saved directly to the Photos app, so next time you do not have to worry about how to see FaceTime photos. You can navigate to the Photos app, then tap on the Library tab located at the bottom, and then choose the All Photos option to see the pics. You can also have a look at the date and time of the photos to find them out.
If you wish to see only live photos then you can simply tap on the Albums tab in the Photos app, then scroll down and tap on the Live Photos option to see all the live photos that you have captured on your device. As soon as you click a Live Photo then your iPhone adds that photo to your Live Photos album automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Does Apple notify the other person if I record a FaceTime call?
Ans. No, Apple does not tell the person if the call is being recorded by the other person, they are talking to on FaceTime. But if the caller takes a photo during the call, then the notification pops up on the screen notifying you that the other person took the photo.
Q2. What do I do if I forget to record the audio on a FaceTime call?
Ans. So, if you have not turned on the Microphone on feature before recording the FaceTime call then there would be no audio in your recorded call and you cannot bring back that audio again. So, next time make sure that you toggle on the Microphone on feature first before recording the call. The recorded call will be saved to your phone’s Photos app.
- 7 Ways to Fix LinkedIn Video Upload Not Working
- How to Fix Apple Music Artwork Not Showing
- Where are Microsoft Teams Recordings Stored?
- 7 Best FaceTime Alternatives for Android
We hope that you learned about whether can you save FaceTime videos and how to see FaceTime photos. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.