You can listen to your favorite songs on your iPhone with the Apple Music app, as this app has several songs from various talented artists. Every song has a different album artwork that enhances your listening experience. You can also use animated art for a better experience in the Apple Music app. Moreover, Apple Music album artwork allows you to easily find the artist’s album, thereby making the whole experience worth it. But many users have come across Apple Music artwork not showing issues. If you are also one of them, you are at the right place to seek suitable solutions. In this article, we will discuss how to fix Apple Music album artwork not showing on iPhone and how to fix iTunes album artwork not working. Also, you will learn how to create custom playlist artwork for Apple Music. So, let’s get started!
How to Fix Apple Music Artwork Not Showing
Keep reading further to find the methods explaining to fix the Apple Music artwork not showing problem and how to create custom playlist artwork for Apple Music in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How to Fix Apple Music Artwork Not Showing on iPhone?
Let’s see all the methods to fix Apple Music album artwork not showing on iPhone issue.
Method 1: Restart iPhone
Apple Music artwork not showing issue can be resolved if you restart your device. You can try to restart or reboot your device so that you can fix the issue to refresh your device from freezing and glitches. You can read our guide on How to Restart iPhone X to find the detailed steps.
Method 2: Force Close Music App
To fix Apple Music album artwork not showing on iPhone issue force close music app on your device. By closing the music app, you can try resolving the issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to force close the music app on your iPhone:
1A. On iPhone X or the latest model of iPhone: Swipe upwards from the bottom and stop at the middle of your screen to see all the apps that you have used recently.
1B. On iPhone 8 or an earlier model of iPhone: Double-click the home button to see the apps you have recently used.
2. Next, close the Music app from the recent apps tray to prevent it from running in the background to fix the Apple Music artwork not showing issue.
3. After that, relaunch the Music app to see whether the issue is resolved.
Also Read: 13 Ways to Fix iPhone Volume Too Low
Method 3: Switch from Mobile Data to Wi-Fi
You can try switching from mobile data to Wi-Fi because the internet speed depends on your network strength and location when you use mobile data. So, if you are facing Apple Music album artwork not showing on iPhone, that might be because optimum speed is not there on mobile data. So, we recommend you switch to a Wi-Fi network to resolve the issue.
1. Go to the Control Center.
2. Turn off the toggle for the Mobile Data.
3. Then, tap on the Wi-Fi icon.
4. Tap on the desired Wi-Fi network to get connected to it.
Method 4: Switch to 5GHZ Frequency Band
Another fix that you can try to resolve Apple Music artwork not showing issue is switching to a 5GHz frequency band if you are making use of a dual-band router to make the internet speed faster. Also, make sure that your Internet service provider is not facing any downtime.
Method 5: Free Up Storage Space
You might come across Apple Music artwork not showing issue if you do not have enough space on your iPhone because if this is the case, your device might not support the Apple music album artwork feature. So, in this case, free up some storage space in your device. You can free up storage space by deleting some photos, downloaded videos, movies, podcasts, and more and removing apps you do not use anymore.
To check iPhone storage so that you can learn how to fix iTunes album artwork not working issue, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on General > iPhone Storage.
3. After that, a list of apps will appear with the specified details like the space used by each on your iPhone.
4. Tap on Show All to see the suggestions list and proceed accordingly.
- iOS will push you to utilize the iCloud Photo Library, which stores your photos in the cloud.
- It will also recommend Auto Delete Old Conversations from the iMessage app.
- However, the best solution is to Offload Unused Apps.
When you run out of storage space, it instantly offloads apps that are rarely used and performs iPhone system storage cleanup. Offloading is a method that deletes the application but maintains the papers and data, which are irreparable. The deleted app can be easily re-downloaded if and when needed. iOS will also inform you about the amount of space you would free up if you use this feature.
Note: Disabling Offload Unused Apps must be done from Settings > iTunes & App Store. It cannot be undone from this menu.
Also Read: How to Cancel iTunes Radio
Method 6: Update iOS
You can get rid of all the bugs that might be causing this issue by updating your iPhone to the latest version. Follow the steps mentioned below to update your iPhone.
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Software Update option.
4. Tap on the Download and Install option.
Note: If a message appears asking you to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap on Continue or Cancel.
5A. If you want the update to occur immediately, tap on the Install option.
5B. Or, if you tap on Install Tonight and plug your iOS device into power before you sleep, your device will be updated automatically overnight.
Note: You are also given the option to install the software later by choosing to Remind Me Later.
Method 7: Clear Cache of Apple Music App
This issue can also be resolved by deleting the Apple Music cache. If you opt for this method, you can clear out the cached files and useless data and then set up your Apple Music app as new.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on General.
3. Now, tap on iPhone Storage.
4. Swipe down and tap on Apple Music.
5. Tap on Offload App.
Note: Offloading will retain the documents and settings on your device.
Also Read: 23 Best Music Recording App for iPhone
Method 8: Re-Enable Sync Library
You may face Apple Music artwork not showing issues if the songs you have added from your Mac or iPad to your iPhone library might not synced with your iPhone. So, to fix Apple Music album artwork not showing on iPhone, you can try to re-enable Sync Library from the Settings app on your device. To learn how to do this, follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First, navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. After that, tap on the Music option.
3. Turn off the toggle for the Sync Library option.
4. Then, tap on the Turn Off option to confirm your choice.
5. Next, wait for some time and then toggle on the Sync Library option to enable it again.
6. Consequently, close the Settings app and open the Apple Music app to ensure that the problem is resolved.
Method 9: Reset Apple Music and iCloud Music Library
You can try to resolve Apple Music artwork not showing issue by resetting Apple Music and iCloud Music library. To learn how to reset Apple Music and iCloud music library, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Navigate to the Settings app.
2. Tap on the Music option.
3. Turn off the toggle for the Show Apple Music and iCloud Music Library options.
4. After that, wait for a while and toggle on both options again.
5. After toggling on both options, tap on the Delete & Replace option and see if you are able to resolve the issue.
Method 10: Reset Network Settings
To resolve Apple Music artwork not showing issue you can opt for this method as it would reset your network preferences and after you have reset the network settings, you will need to sign in again to your Wi-Fi network. Follow the steps mentioned below to Reset Network Settings on your iPhone:
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Then, tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
4. Tap on Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Also Read: How to Reset Plays on iTunes
How to Create Custom Playlist Artwork for Apple Music?
Below are a few applications to create custom playlist artwork for Apple Music.
CoverX website allows you to make amazing Apple Music covers. It allows people to choose their backgrounds.
- CoverX has several gradient backgrounds that are similar to Apple’s official playlist covers, but some of the backgrounds are from the free stock photo website and Unsplash.
- You can download these beautiful covers as PNG or JPEG files, and upload them to your Apple Music easily.
- After you are done choosing your cover, you can also type up to four lines of text. They can be your username or the Apple Music logo, the big title, the sub-title, and the footer which can be one line of text that describes what your Apple music playlist is about. You can leave out any or all of the four lines of text, thereby you can have more freedom when you make your covers.
2. Denim – Playlist Cover Maker
Denim – Playlist Cover Maker app which is an iOS app that lets you create the beautiful cover art.
- With this app, you can easily create your playlist cover by selecting a playlist of your choice, previewing various artworks, and then saving and adding that to your playlist.
- On iPhone, this app is compatible with iOS 14.0 or later.
- It offers various backgrounds that you can customize to make your own gorgeous playlist cover.
- It provides gradient backgrounds, but it does not let you add as much text as CoverX.
- After creating your cover art, you can save that particular image and then select the option in the Denim app to open Apple Music.
- It is available for free and allows you to use around 20 backgrounds for free, but it also has in-app purchases, starting at $2.99.
- With Denim Pro, you can unlock all the 70+ artworks, make use of upcoming features & artworks, and more.
- This app supports both Apple Music and Spotify.
Also Read: 14 Best Free Video Downloader for iPhone
There are some people who like a beautiful simple collage of album art from the songs that they have on their playlists instead of artistic artwork for their playlists on Apple Music. So, if you are one of those who like a simple collage, you can get this done through the Playlist Cover Art Generator shortcut. To use the Playlist Cover Art Generator shortcut:
1. Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
2. Allow the Allow Untrusted Shortcuts under Settings > Shortcuts on your device.
3. After you open the Shortcuts app on your phone, launch the Playlist Cover Art Generator.
4. Select any of the Apple Music playlists, add text on your playlist cover, and desired pictures you want to be displayed on your playlist cover.
Note: The playlist cover art generator will not use an album cover if it is not in a square image in the collage. Shortcut supports up to 49 pics, and once it is done with its work, it saves it in your photo library automatically.
You can also create your own artwork for Apple Music. If your artwork has a high resolution and is designed nicely, it enhances your playlist’s look. If you want some ideas, you can look at the Colorful Gradients Tumblr page for gradient background-related pics. Besides that, you can also check Pinterest pages that have Apple Music playlist covers.
When you make a playlist of your most loved songs on Apple music then the artwork of the albums of the first four songs will be displayed as your playlist cover by default, but you can also change this by putting a different image.
To change your Apple Music playlist cover art, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. First, navigate to the Apple Music app on your iPhone.
2. Then, go to the desired playlist you wish to change.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon > Edit option.
4. Next, choose the current cover image and then tap on the Take Photo or Choose Photo option.
5. Then, select your desired photo, and when it is displayed on your playlist, tap on the Done option.
- How to Integrate ChatGPT into Microsoft Word
- 12 Ways to Fix Bumble App Not Working
- Which Music Apps are Unblocked at School?
- How to Transfer Music from CD to iPhone
So, we hope you have understood how to fix Apple Music artwork not showing and how to create custom playlist artwork for Apple Music with the detailed methods to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.