Want to save time and get updates on your Uber ride that you have booked, pizza delivery status, and more directly on your lock screen without the need to unlock your device? You can try the Live Activities feature on your iPhone. To learn how you can enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16), what are Live Activities iPhone, etc., keep reading our article.
How to Enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16)
You will get to know how to enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16) further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
What are Live Activities iPhone?
The Live Activities feature helps users to keep an eye on the activities occurring in real-time. These activities can be easily added to your phone’s lock screen to get you updated on all the information.
- Information you want to look at or keep yourself updated on from the app, for instance, sports scores, weather news, food delivery, and more, is displayed on your iPhone lock screen.
- In this way, your time and effort are saved as you no longer have to unlock your iPhone, and you do not have to navigate to that app and browse its content again.
- Live Activities are updated so that you do not miss important information, like notifications or your lock screen widgets to keep yourself up to date.
- Live Activities combine with the Dynamic Island on iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max. Most of the time information on iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max is displayed in a collapsed form in the Dynamic Island.
- To show some vital information Dynamic Island expands. And from there, you can go to that app to learn more about that information by tapping Dynamic Island. For instance, in Dynamic Island, the present score and the team logos are displayed if you are following any sports game. And even the final score gets displayed as the Dynamic Island expands after the game gets over.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Sleep Mode on iPhone
How to Enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16)?
To learn how you can enable live activities on iPhone (iOS 16), follow the steps given below:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the Face ID & Passcode option to enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16).
3. After that, you will have to enter your passcode.
4. Turn on the toggle for the Live Activities option.
Also Read: How to Enable LOL Quick Cast
After discussing enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16), now let’s discuss how to set live activities to update more frequently. Read the steps mentioned below:
1. Navigate to the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Apps > desired app for which you wish to get more frequent updates.
3. Then, tap on the Live Activities option.
4. Turn on the toggle for the More Frequent Updates option to enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16) to update more frequently.
Q1. Does the original activity end when you remove a Live Activities from the Lock Screen?
Ans. No. The original activity is not ended when your lock screen live activity is removed. For instance, if you have ordered pizza and when you eliminate the Live Activity showing you the remaining time for your pizza to be provided, your pizza order will not be canceled.
Q2. For how long on the lock screen can the Live Activities be active?
Ans. For around 12 hours a live activity might be displayed on your iPhone’s lock screen. A Live Activity can be displayed on your phone’s lock screen for up to eight hours if the person or the app ends it. It can stay on your lock screen for four hours in the state when it ends, but after that, the live activity will no longer be available on your lock screen.
- Has Credit Karma been Hacked?
- How to Fix Silent Alarm Issue on iPhone
- What is Facebook Wave Feature?
- How to Turn Off Incognito Mode on iPhone
We hope that you learned about how to enable Live Activities on iPhone (iOS 16). Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.