Instagram has made its place in the top social media platforms in recent years. People have grown themselves a lot on Instagram and even have become famous personalities. But if you want to sell your products on Instagram or even buy high-quality products at a cheap price, then Instagram has a solution for that: the Shop tab through which you can build up your business. If you have just created your account, you will probably have that shop button on Instagram. But do you want to remove shop tab on Instagram? No worries. In this article, we will look at how to remove shop tab from Instagram.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Shop Tab from Instagram
You can remove the shop tab from your Instagram account by switching the account type on the app itself. Read till the end to find the steps explaining the same in detail.
Where is Commerce Manager on Instagram? How Do I Access Commerce Manager?
To access the commerce manager, you must have a business account linked to a Facebook page. Then, you can consider following the below steps:
1. Launch the Instagram application and tap on the Profile icon from the bottom right corner.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon > Settings from the menu.
3. Then, swipe down and tap on the Accounts Center option.
4. Tap on the Set up Accounts Centre option, as shown below.
5. Log In to your Facebook account using Facebook credentials.
Note: If your Facebook account appears by default, tap on Continue as [your_username].
6. Then, tap on the Continue option.
7. Tap on Add [your_business_username].
And your account is linked, and you can access the commerce manager through the Facebook business website now. Continue reading to learn the steps to remove shop tab from Instagram.
Also Read: How to View My Blocked List on Instagram
How Do I Connect Instagram to Commerce Manager?
To connect Instagram to the commerce manager, you just have to connect your Instagram account to a Facebook page. You can follow the below steps for the same:
1. Launch Instagram on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile icon > three-dotted icon.
3. Tap on Settings from the menu.
4. Then, swipe down and tap on the Accounts Center > Set up Accounts Centre options.
5. Enter your valid Facebook credentials to Log In to your Facebook account and tap on the Continue option on the next page.
6. Tap on Add [your_business_username] to connect your account. Now, you can access the commerce manager through the Facebook business website.
How to Tag Products on Instagram?
To tag products on Instagram posts, you can consider following the below steps:
1. Open the Instagram application on your device.
2. Click on the Plus (+) icon > Post from the top right corner, as shown below.
3. Select the desired photo on which you want to tag products.
4. Tap on the Tag products option.
Note: Remember you can only tag five products in a single post.
5. Look for the products you want to tag in the search box and select them.
6. Then, tap on Done.
7. Finally, tap on Share to post the photo.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post
How Do You Get the Shop Tab on Instagram?
To get the Shop tab on Instagram, you need the latest version on Instagram. Some users receive these updates very late, so if you are one of those users, the only option is to wait for the update. Once the update has arrived, you can update your Instagram from the Play Store or App Store according to your devices, and you will have the shop tab.
How Do You Put a Shop Button on Instagram Stories?
To put the Shop button on Instagram stories, you need to have the latest version of Instagram with the shopping feature. If you have the latest version of Instagram, you can follow the steps below for the same.
1. Launch Instagram on your device and swipe right to create a story.
2. Then, upload the desired picture you want to put on the story.
3. Tap on the Sticker icon from the top, as shown below.
4. Tap on the Product sticker, as shown below.
5. Then, select the catalog from which your product is from.
6. Place the Shop sticker wherever you want on your story.
7. Add the desired caption to the story.
8. Finally, tap on Send to, as shown below, to upload it as your story.
Why is My Instagram Not Eligible for Shopping? Why is Instagram Shopping Tab Missing?
- The reason behind your Instagram is not eligible for shopping might be that you are located in a country where Instagram shopping is not supported.
- The second reason behind your Instagram shopping tab missing is that you have the outdated version of Instagram, don’t worry. This update sometimes comes very late. Once it comes to your device, you will have the shop tab.
You can check this Facebook help page to know whether your country has the shopping feature of Instagram or not.
How to Remove Shop Tab from Instagram? How to Remove Shop Tab on Instagram?
If you don’t want the shop tab on Instagram and want to remove it, then, unfortunately, there is no definite way to remove shop tab from Instagram. But we have a few hacks for you through which you can hide the Shop tab from Instagram.
- You can connect to a different country network where Instagram has not yet launched the shopping tab for all users. For example, connect to India using a VPN service. This way, you won’t see the shopping tab on your Instagram.
- You have to convert your business or creator account to a personal account. You can consider the following steps to do so.
Note: This method might not work for you if you are a beta tester of Instagram, as Instagram has also given the shop tab on personal accounts for a few beta testers.
1. Open the Instagram app on your device.
2. Tap on your Profile icon from the bottom left corner
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon > Settings > Account, as shown below.
4. Tap on the Switch account type option at the bottom of the screen.
5. Then, tap on Switch to personal account.
6. Again, tap on the Switch to personal account option in the pop-up.
How Do I Get Rid of the Shop Tab on Instagram?
There is no official way to get rid of it, but you can consider following the below hacks to hide or remove the shop tab.
Note: These solutions are not officially provided by Instagram itself and may lead to data leaks or banning from Instagram, so follow them at your own risk.
- If you have just received the Instagram update with the Shop tab, you can try to uninstall Instagram for your device and install a previous version of Instagram. You can get the previous version from third-party websites like apkpure, uptodown, etc.
- You can connect to other country networks using a VPN service where Instagram has not launched the Shopping feature like India.
- You can convert your business or creator’s account to a personal account, as most users with a personal account have not received the shopping tab on their accounts.
How to Remove View Shop Button on Instagram?
Unfortunately, there is no official way to remove shop tab from Instagram. You can try reinstalling the previous version of Instagram from third-party websites like apkpure or uptodown, where Instagram didn’t have the shop feature. Also, you can connect to other country networks using a VPN service where Instagram has not launched the Shopping feature like India
How Do I Link My Instagram to Shopify?
You need to do two things to link Instagram to Shopify, and those are as follows:
- You need to convert your account to a professional account on Instagram.
- You need to connect your Instagram-linked Facebook account to the Facebook sales channel on Shopify.
For detailed steps for the linking between Instagram and Shopify, you can check out the Shopify help.
How to Disconnect Shopify from Instagram?
You just need to disconnect your Linked Facebook accounts from the Facebook sales channel on the Shopify account. This will unlink your Shopify account from your Instagram account.
- Fix Netflix Error Code NW-6-503
- How to Get 2016 Best Nine on Instagram
- How to Delete Instagram Search History First Letter Results
- 3 Ways to Remove Phone Number from Instagram
We hope this article was helpful and you have learned to remove shop tab from Instagram. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Drop your queries and suggestions in the comment section, if any. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.