Planet Fitness is an American fitness chain with more than 2000 clubs and 15 million-plus members to its name. Planet Fitness endorses itself as being a Judgement Free Zone and promises its members a non-intimidating and friendly environment. It also encourages every member to reach their fitness goals effectively. However, some people seek to freeze Planet Fitness membership for some reason. Read the entire article to learn more about it and the Planet Fitness cancellation fee as well.
Table of Contents
- How to Freeze Planet Fitness Membership
- Can You Freeze Your Planet Fitness Membership? Can I Freeze My Planet Fitness Membership?
- What Happens When You Freeze Your Planet Fitness Account?
- Where And How to Access Planet Fitness Cancellation Form?
- How Do I Suspend My Planet Fitness Membership Online?
- Why Is It So Hard to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership?
- What Is the Planet Fitness Cancellation Policy?
- Does Planet Fitness Charge a Cancellation Fee? What Is Planet Fitness Cancellation Fee?
- How to Avoid Planet Fitness Cancellation Fee?
- Can You Cancel Planet Fitness Gym Membership After One Month?
- Can I Freeze My Fitness First Membership?
How to Freeze Planet Fitness Membership
Unfortunately, you will not be able to cancel or freeze the Planet Fitness membership online. Go through the entire article to learn the alternate ways to freeze your membership.
Can You Freeze Your Planet Fitness Membership? Can I Freeze My Planet Fitness Membership?
Yes, you can freeze Planet Fitness membership at any time and for any reason. You can freeze the membership by sending a membership cancellation request letter or visiting your Planet Fitness club for in-person cancellation.
What Happens When You Freeze Your Planet Fitness Account?
When you freeze Planet Fitness membership, your account will be paused or put on hold for up to 3 months. You can freeze your Planet Fitness membership for up to 3 months, assuming you have appropriate medical reasons for the same. After resuming your membership, you will still have the same number of days left before the expiration of membership in your account as before freezing.
Where And How to Access Planet Fitness Cancellation Form?
You can access the Planet Fitness cancellation form either by first:
- Writing a request letter for your membership cancellation.
- Visiting your Planet Fitness club and requesting the cancellation in person.
How Do I Suspend My Planet Fitness Membership Online?
You cannot suspend the Planet Fitness membership via any online mode. All clubs of Planet Fitness are operated by different individual owners. So to suspend your Planet Fitness membership, you need to visit your Planet Fitness club location or send a postal letter requesting to suspend the membership. If you have any other questions regarding the membership, visit the Planet Fitness membership FAQs page.
Also Read: How to Delete Hulu Account
Why Is It So Hard to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership?
It is hard to cancel the Planet Fitness membership because:
- The membership cannot be canceled online or through a call.
- You have to visit your Planet Fitness club or send a request letter via post to get the cancellation form.
- Planet Fitness needs the physical signature of the member who wishes to cancel the membership. So, it is difficult to cancel if you are sending someone else for the cancellation of your membership.
- Also, the Planet Fitness membership cancellation fee is $58, making it difficult for you to cancel it.
What Is the Planet Fitness Cancellation Policy?
The Planet Fitness policy about Membership Cancellation states:
- If you want to cancel your monthly membership and stop the billing by the 17th of any month, you are required to submit a written letter via mail or visit your club. And this has to be done on or before the 10th of the same month.
- To cancel the membership prior to the billing of the annual membership fee, you are required to submit the cancellation form no later than the 25th of the month before such billing.
Also Read: What is Amazon Background Check Policy?
Does Planet Fitness Charge a Cancellation Fee? What Is Planet Fitness Cancellation Fee?
Yes, Planet Fitness charges a cancellation fee if your monthly membership has a minimum term and you decide to cancel your membership before it ends. You can also get charged if the cancellation reasons are not listed in your membership agreement. Planet Fitness charges a cancellation or buyout fee of $58 in such cases.
How to Avoid Planet Fitness Cancellation Fee?
There are a couple of ways to avoid Planet Fitness cancellation fees like:
- You have to make sure you sign a no minimum term membership agreement while signing up for planet fitness.
- In case you relocate to a new place, you can give them details of the same if there is no Planet Fitness club in your vicinity.
- If you have been a member for more than a year, then your cancellation fee is automatically waived.
Also Read: 2 Ways to Cancel YouTube Premium Subscription
Can You Cancel Planet Fitness Gym Membership After One Month?
Yes, you can cancel your Planet Fitness gym membership after one month. But make sure you submit a written notice to your home club by the 10th of the month to stop the billing cycle from continuing further.
Can I Freeze My Fitness First Membership?
Yes, you can freeze your Fitness First membership for either medical reasons or if you are overseas or outstation on an assignment. To freeze your Fitness First membership, make sure to submit a written notice in advance. However, you will get charged with the freeze fee.
- How to Ping an iPhone
- How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to Another Account
- How to Cancel eharmony Subscription
- How to Freeze Rows and Columns in Excel
We hope that you learned how to freeze planet fitness membership. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what you want to learn about next.