There hardly anyone in this world who has not used YouTube or heard of it at least once in their lifetime. Starting from kids to older adults, everyone uses YouTube as it has relatable content for everyone. It is tough to search for something and not find a YouTube video on it. However, in recent times, YouTube has changed drastically. It is filled with ads that automatically start playing when we click on any video link. Some of these ads can’t even be skipped. Apart from that, you can expect multiple ads to pop up and interrupt your video.
This is where YouTube Premium enters the picture. If you want an ad-free viewing experience, continue to play video after minimizing the app, access exclusive content, etc. upgrade to YouTube premium.
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of YouTube premium?
YouTube Premium comes at a fairly reasonable price of Rs 129, payable every month. Given below is the list of benefits and services that you can get in exchange for your money.
- The first thing that you get is good riddance from those irritating and disturbing ads. All the videos that you watch are completely ad-free, and that significantly improves the viewing experience.
- The next item on the list is something that you have wanted for a long; videos continue playing after minimizing the app. This allows you to use other apps while a song is playing in the background.
- Then there is the offline viewing feature. You can download videos and watch them later, even if you are not connected to the internet.
- You will also get access to YouTube Originals, which includes shows like Cobra Kai. There are also exclusive movies, specials, and TV series.
- In addition to all these, you will also get free membership for YouTube Music Premium. This means access to a massive music library, completely ad-free, and offline listening options. It also allows you to play music when the screen in locked.
Why cancel YouTube Premium?
Despite having multiple benefits, sometimes YouTube premium subscription isn’t worth it. Especially if you are a busy working professional and rarely gets the time to watch videos on YouTube, apart from that, its paid content and exclusive shows are soon going to be available for free. Thus, paying extra money to get rid of a few ads and play a video while the app is minimized does not seem justified. It is precisely for the same reason YouTube offers a free trial for one month. After that period, if you feel that these added benefits aren’t making a big difference, you can easily cancel your YouTube Premium subscription. This will be discussed in the next section.
Also Read: How to Delete Hulu Account
How to Cancel YouTube Premium?
The process to cancel your Premium subscription is pretty easy and straightforward. You can do so from any computer, tablet, or smartphone. If you are using an app, then you can directly cancel your subscription from the app itself. Otherwise, you can open YouTube on any web browser, log in to your account and cancel the subscription. Given below is a step-wise guide for the same.
How to cancel YouTube Premium subscription from an app
1. Firstly, open the YouTube app on your device.
2. Now tap on your profile picture on the top right-hand side of the screen.
3. Select the Paid memberships option from the drop-down menu.
4. Here, click on the Manage button under the YouTube Premium section.
5. You will now be asked to open the link on a web browser. Do that, and it will take you to the YouTube Premium settings page.
6. Here, click on the Cancel Membership option.
7. Now, YouTube also allows you to pause your subscription for a short period of time. If you do not want that, then click on the Continue to Cancel option.
8. Select the reason for Cancelling and tap on Next.
9. A warning message will pop-up on the screen, notifying you about all the services that will be discontinued and that all your downloaded videos will be gone.
10. Tap on the “Yes, cancel” option, and your subscription will be canceled.
Also Read: Unblock YouTube When Blocked In Offices, Schools or Colleges?
How to cancel YouTube Premium using a Web Browser
1. Firstly, open youtube.com on a web browser.
2. Sign in to your Google account if not already signed in.
3. Now tap on your profile picture on the top right-hand side of the screen.
4. Select Paid membership from the drop-down menu.
5. Here, you will find YouTube Premium listed under Paid memberships. Click on the Cancel membership option.
6. After that, you will have to select a reason as to why you are canceling your membership. Do that and click on the Next button.
7. You will now be asked to confirm your decision and inform you about the list of services you will miss out on. Click on the “Yes, cancel” option, and your subscription will be canceled.
- Fix Common Printer Problems in Windows 10
- 4 Ways to Delete Apps on your Android phone
- Fix Adblock No Longer Working on YouTube
- How Do You Cancel CBS on Roku
With that, we come to the end of this article. We hope you find this information useful and can easily cancel your YouTube premium subscription. YouTube does have many ads, but if you do not use YouTube that frequently, it makes no sense to pay extra to get rid of those ads. You can make do with whatever is available for free and click on the Skip button as soon as it appears on the screen. Apart from that, if you want to take a break from social media and YouTube, continuing with a Premium subscription is an unnecessary expense. You can come back and renew your membership anytime, and thus, there is nothing wrong with canceling YouTube Premium when you do not need it.
I am not able to use YouTube Premium which I pay for.
Google will NOT allow me to log in.
I have gone through the recovery process four times.
I will not accept my phone number or recovery email address.
Calling Google at 650 253 000 gets me a message “…log in…”
I have been trying for months to cancel my youtube premium but I don’t have access to my Google account. I broke my phone and my email had two way verification and without my phone it is impossible to get into my Google account. So now I’ve paid for youtube premium and can’t use it so I’m just giving my money away. Nobody to call and I’ve emailed anyone I could with no response. Also couldn’t get Google to help with my email so I’ve lost my main email account. Very disgusted with Gmail and Google at this moment since they are zero help and I’ve been working on this for almost 6 months. If you enjoy throwing away money then buy from Google because they love to waste your money. I won’t ever buy their services again and I will tell everyone I can about how Google is no help and if you buy anything from them your on your own.
I’m having the exact same issue, were you able to figure it out?
I canceled my YouTube Premium account 18 months ago. Regardless, I continue to be charged each month. My credit card company gets my money back each month but Google still continues to charge my card regardless. You cannot contact a Google representative and I am convinced this is deliberate. I am convinced this whole thing is a nefarious scheme. I do not know what to do. Any suggestions?