Being a source of entertainment, Facebook has also been a great way to connect to friends & family. Facebook has introduced its very own dating option, which is definitely an easy approach for many. But there is a glitch that many are facing in the Facebook app. And that is the Facebook dating not showing up in menu. We bring a helpful guide that will teach you how to fix the same.
- How To Fix Facebook Dating Not Showing Up
- Why Is Facebook Dating Not Showing Up?
- How To Fix Facebook Dating Not Showing Up?
- Method 1: Basic Checks
- Method 2: Update Facebook App
- Method 3: Turn on Location for Facebook
- Method 4: Clear App Cache
- Method 5: Reinstall Facebook
- Method 6: Contact Facebook Help Centre
- Why is Facebook Dating App Not Showing Up?
- How Do You Get the Dating Feature on Facebook?
- Where Is the Facebook Dating Shortcut?
- What Does It Mean When Someone’s Dating profile Is No Longer Available?
- Can New Facebook Accounts Use Dating?
- How Do I Clear My Facebook Cache?
- How Do You Know If Someone Blocked You on Facebook Dating?
- How Do I Access Facebook Dating on My iPhone?
- What Does It Mean When a Conversation Disappears in Facebook Dating?
- How Do I Know If Someone Blocked Me on Plenty of Fish?
How To Fix Facebook Dating Not Showing Up
Before getting to the steps to fix the Facebook dating is not showing up the issue, read and understand the reasons listed below for it to occur on your device.
Why Is Facebook Dating Not Showing Up?
Well, there could be many reasons why Facebook dating is not showing up. These include:
- You are not 18 years or older.
- Your country is yet to welcome this new Facebook dating feature.
- You might be facing technical issues like a poor Internet connection.
- The Facebook Dating server is down.
- Facebook app settings have disabled the option.
- The Facebook app cache is corrupt.
How To Fix Facebook Dating Not Showing Up?
You can follow the upcoming methods to fix the dating not showing up in the Facebook menu issue.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The following methods were performed on OnePlus Nord.
Method 1: Basic Checks
As said earlier, you know the reasons for this error. Try these basic checks at first.
1. Ensure whether the Internet connection is stable. You can try running a Speedtest to know the status.
2. If the Internet connection is stable, check if Facebook is down. DownDetector keeps track of the status of websites and services, so you can see what the Facebook network status page has to say.
3. You can also restart the Facebook app. If this doesn’t work, restart your device.
4. You might not have access to the Facebook dating service because of age restriction guidelines given by Facebook.
5. Ensure Facebook Dating availability in your country. Visit the said website and log in using your login credentials. But if that service is not available in your country, you will get the following message.
Method 2: Update Facebook App
Follow the below steps to update the Facebook app on your device.
1. Open the Play Store app on your device.
2. Type Facebook in the search bar and tap on it.
3. Tap on Update.
Method 3: Turn on Location for Facebook
You must turn on several permissions, including the location for Facebook, to fix this Facebook dating not showing up in menu issue.
1. Open Settings app on your device.
2. Tap on Apps & notifications.
3. Search and tap on Facebook.
4. Now, tap on Permissions.
5. Tap on Location.
6. Next, tap on Allow only while using the app.
Also Read: Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working
Method 4: Clear App Cache
The next problem could be that the application’s cache data is corrupted, causing the application to crash. To solve this problem, follow the below steps:
1. Open Settings app. Tap on Apps & notifications > Facebook as earlier.
2. Then, tap on Storage & cache.
3. Now, tap on Clear cache.
Method 5: Reinstall Facebook
Follow the below steps to reinstall the Facebook app to fix the Facebook dating not showing up in menu issue.
1. Long press Facebook app from the app drawer and tap on Uninstall as depicted below.
2. Tap on OK in the pop-up to confirm.
3. Open Google Play Store app on your device.
4. Type Facebook in the search bar and tap on it.
5. Finally, tap the Install button for Facebook or Facebook Lite as per your preference.
Method 6: Contact Facebook Help Centre
If none of the methods worked above, try contacting the Facebook Help Center. Explain your issue to them, and they will come up with a solution to resolve it.
Also Read: How Do I Get My Old Facebook Account Back
Why is Facebook Dating App Not Showing Up?
One of the major reasons behind the Facebook Dating app not showing up is that you are still running an old version of the Facebook app.
How Do You Get the Dating Feature on Facebook?
The dating feature on the Facebook app can be accessed if you have an account on Facebook for an 18-year-old. If not, you are not eligible for the same. If you are 18 or older:
2. Log In using your Email address or phone number and Password.
3. Access the Dating option.
Where Is the Facebook Dating Shortcut?
Facebook dating shortcuts are available only in a few countries and are found in the Facebook app itself.
Note: The Facebook dating app was launched in India in April 2021. Still, some iPhone and Android users might not find the dating option on their respective smartphones.
1. Open the Facebook app on your phone.
2. Click on the Hamburger icon in the app, as shown.
3. Find the Facebook Dating shortcut and tap on it.
What Does It Mean When Someone’s Dating profile Is No Longer Available?
The main reason you cannot see someone’s dating profile is that either they have deleted their current Dating account from the platform or are in the process of doing so. This is very common to experience when someone has already deleted their profile.
Can New Facebook Accounts Use Dating?
Yes, new Facebook accounts can also get hold of the Dating craze on the app. You can get yourself started if you have a brand-new account. Facebook Dating might not be available for some iPhones (version 15.4.1) and Android (version 12) devices.
How Do I Clear My Facebook Cache?
1. Open Settings app on your Android device.
2. Scroll down and tap on Apps & notifications.
3. Tap on Facebook.
4. Tap on Storage & cache > Clear cache.
How Do You Know If Someone Blocked You on Facebook Dating?
There are chances when you might feel like a special person that you are looking for on Facebook Dating has blocked you. You can confirm the same by searching for the person’s profile on the platform. If you can’t find them but they are on Facebook, there is a high possibility that they have blocked your profile.
How Do I Access Facebook Dating on My iPhone?
To get Facebook Dating on your iPhone in countries where it is available, follow the steps below:
1. Open the App Store on your iPhone.
2. Search for Facebook Dating.
3. Choose the Get option for the app.
4. Use the Dating option by making a profile.
What Does It Mean When a Conversation Disappears in Facebook Dating?
If a conversation disappears on Facebook Dating, then it can mean two things:
- The person with whom the conversation has disappeared has deleted their Dating profile.
- The person with whom the conversation has disappeared has blocked your profile.
How Do I Know If Someone Blocked Me on Plenty of Fish?
If someone has blocked you on Facebook, you won’t be able to see their profile if you search for it; you can only see their name. But, using Plenty of Fish, you will see their complete profile, but you can’t message them.
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Post
- Fix Samsung Internet Keeps Opening By Itself
- How to Delete Plenty of Fish Dating Account
- How to Remove Reels on Facebook App
So now, you have understood how to fix Facebook dating not showing up with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.