Facebook started the social media revolution and has remained on top ever since. It has overgone transformations and many new features have been introduced over the years to keep it fresh and stop users from leaving the platform. Reels is one such feature. Reels are short videos that start playing automatically on Facebook and even though you can hide them, they pop up as soon as you open Facebook app again. Reels can be distracting and have forced some users to look for methods to understand how to disable reels on Facebook app. If you want to learn how to get rid of reels on Facebook then you are at the right place. We bring to you a helpful guide that will teach you how to remove reels on Facebook app.
Table of Contents
How to Remove Reels on Facebook App
To learn how to disable reels on Facebook app, you must first understand that there is no direct option to disable them on Facebook app. But there are some methods that will help you learn how to get rid of reels on Facebook. Let us get right into these methods and understand how to remove reels on Facebook app.
Note: Smartphones don’t have the same Settings options. They vary from manufacturer to manufacturer so check the correct settings before changing any. We have used Honor Play smartphone in this article.
Method 1: Display Autoplay Feature
Modifying Facebook App Settings is the easiest way to disable annoying reels from playing when you open Facebook. You will still see reels but they won’t play automatically. Follow the steps below to do the same.
1. Tap on the Facebook icon to open Facebook app.
2. Tap on the profile icon present in the top right corner to open the menu.
3. In the Menu screen, tap on the gear icon to open Settings.
4. Then, search for the Media option and tap on it.
5. Now, tap on the Autoplay option.
6. Select the Never Autoplay Videos option.
Now the next time you open Facebook app, reels will not play automatically. It is an easy way to understand how to remove reels on Facebook app.
Also Read: How to Turn off Facebook Notifications on Chrome
Method 2: Through Old Facebook Version
Another way to remove reels from Facebook is to downgrade to an older version of Facebook app. As reels was introduced in the newer versions of Facebook, old apps won’t have it and you can use Facebook without seeing reels. First, you will need to uninstall your current Facebook app by following these steps.
1. Open Google Play Store by tapping its icon.
2. Type Facebook in the search bar located at the top.
3. Tap on the Facebook app in search results to open the Facebook app in Play Store.
4. Tap on Uninstall button.
5. Tap Uninstall option in the confirmation prompt.
This will uninstall your current Facebook app. Now you need to download an older version of Facebook app and for that follow these steps.
6. Download the old Facebook app version from the third-party website.
Note: You can also choose any other older version of the Facebook app if you want.
7. Tap on the downloaded APK file and install it. If you are getting an error during installation then make sure you have enabled installation of app from unknown sources option on your phone.
After installing the older version of the Facebook app, you need to ensure that it doesn’t get updated automatically. You can do that by disabling auto-update feature. Follow these steps to do so.
8. Follow Steps 1 to 3 mentioned above.
9. Tap on the three vertical dots icon at the top right corner.
10. Uncheck the box marked Enable auto-update by tapping on it.
You can now use older version of Facebook app as a regular app. Now you know how to remove reels on Facebook app.
Also Read: How to Take a Break from Someone on Facebook
Method 3: Through Facebook Mobile Website
Many features available on the Facebook app are not provided in the web version of Facebook. So, you can use Facebook in your mobile browser and avoid reels altogether as reels feature is not available on the Facebook mobile site. Follow these steps to do the same.
1. Open your preferred mobile browser by tapping on its icon.
2. Go to Facebook Log in page.
3. Enter your account credentials and tap on the Log in button.
Now you use Facebook and you won’t see any reels.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How many reels should be posted in one day on Facebook?
Ans. It is recommended by experts that you should not post more than 2 reels per day on Facebook. Anything more than that has been observed to cause a dip in user engagement.
Q2. Can reels be scheduled on Facebook?
Ans. No, there is no official option to schedule reels on Facebook. But you can create drafts of reels and post them whenever you want.
- Fix Google Unusual Traffic Error in Windows 10
- How to Perform Instagram Message Recovery
- How to Use Bookmarks on Twitter
- How to Turn Off Facebook Marketplace Notifications
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to remove reels on Facebook app. Let us know which method worked for you the best. If you have any queries or suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section.
My number phone is lock