There are multiple platforms on the internet where people can create a network and communicate easily. Not only there are applications for people to connect to their friends & family but there are special apps to showcase your professional network as well. One such app is LinkedIn which is the largest hub for professional networks on the internet. LinkedIn helps you to network with people and organizations in your industry. Professionally, people can update their LinkedIn profile and add their past experience as well. Along with that, it is also a great platform to find jobs in the concerned field. All in all, it is a perfect place for all working masses and organizations to connect. You can even find people on LinkedIn via different means. If you have been trying to know how to find someone on LinkedIn by email address then you have landed on the perfect page. In today’s guide, we will enlighten you about different ways in which you can find people on LinkedIn, including how to search someone’s connections on LinkedIn, how to find someone on LinkedIn by phone number, and how to search someone anonymously on LinkedIn. So, without delaying any further, let us jump onto knowing more about finding people on LinkedIn.
How to Find Someone on LinkedIn by Email Address
Whether you are trying to find someone on LinkedIn via their email address, or phone number, trying to find someone’s connections, or searching for someone anonymously, there is always a hidden agenda behind doing so. Let us look at some of the prominent reasons why you would need to find someone on this professional platform:
- The very first reason can be you are new to LinkedIn and are finding your way out to use it efficiently.
- The next reason can be keeping an eye on competitors. In case you own a business or a company or are a recruiter, you can find need to know how to find someone on LinkedIn by email address to check other person’s connections and learn more about them.
- A person can also search for someone anonymously just to check their bio to help write their own.
- Another reason behind the anonymity can be the update needed by your profile. In this case, if you don’t want others to view your profile until it is updated properly, you can try to go anonymous.
- Also, if you are trying to find potential clients or employers on LinkedIn, you can try to search for them on the platform using different ways.
Finding someone on LinkedIn is actually easier than it seems. The only thing that is required to do so is to have a Microsoft Outlook account and a LinkedIn account. Both of these accounts must have the same email address. Now, you can proceed with the following steps to find someone on LinkedIn by email address:
1. Open the browser on your desktop and Sign in to your Outlook account in it.
2. Now, click on the people icon from the left sidebar.
3. Next, click on + Add a contact.
4. After that, enter the First name and Last name of the contact.
5. Then, click on the + Add more option.
6. Select the Email address from the menu and fill it in.
7. Once the contact has been created, click on it and select the LinkedIn option.
8. Next, you can log in to your account to connect your Microsoft Outlook account to LinkedIn.
9. Once done, in Outlook, you will be able to see the LinkedIn profile of the email address that you were trying to find. You can click on the profile and view it on LinkedIn.
You can also check our guide on the 9 Best Free Reverse Email Lookup guide that can help you alternatively to find a person’s information with the help of their email address.
Also Read: Fix Outlook Error 0x8004102a in Windows 10
How to Search Someone’s Connections on LinkedIn
Now that you are aware of how to find someone on LinkedIn by email address, it is time to get acquainted with the perfect way to search for a person’s connections on the platform. This can help you to build your professional network and introduce yourself to someone who you want to know, be it an employer or an employee.
1. The first step to do so is to Sign in to your LinkedIn profile page on your browser.
2. Once you have logged in, click on the Search bar.
3. Enter the name of the person whose connections you want to look into.
4. Now, click on the person’s profile.
5. Click on the connections option under their name.
6. You can click on the connection you want to connect with.
7. If the person has an open profile, you will be able to check their details. In case it is not, you can send them a Connect request.
Hence, this is how to search someone’s connections on LinkedIn.
How to Find Someone on LinkedIn by Phone Number
While some people, especially employers prefer to add their personal contact information on their LinkedIn profile, others avoid doing it. Especially the profiles that are private, are hard to find with a mere phone number. Contact and personal information of your connections on LinkedIn are usually visible in the introduction section on their profile, only if they opt to share those details. To view the contact information or use this information to find someone on LinkedIn can be done using the steps given below:
1. First, click on My Network at the top.
2. Now, select Contacts from the left side panel.
3. Then, select Add more contacts.
4. Enter your email address and click on Continue.
5. Select the Import Contacts option.
6. Then, click on OK in the Permission Needed pop-up.
7. Allow LinkedIn to Sync contacts from the Settings of your profile.
8. Now, you can either Invite contacts or Add Connections with the help of the saved phone number on your device.
How to Search Someone Anonymously on LinkedIn
You can also search for someone anonymously on LinkedIn. It is one of the many amazing features of this platform which lets you view people’s profiles while being an anonymous identity. Even though this will notify the other person that someone viewed their profile but it will not reveal your identity.
1. Firstly, click on the Me option at the top of the home page.
2. Then, click on the Settings & Privacy option.
3. Next, click on Visibility from the side panel.
4. Click on Profile viewing options in it.
5. Now, select Private mode from the options displayed.
This option will help you to check out people’s profiles while being anonymous. Also, you will be not able to see who has viewed your profile yourself after choosing this option.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the requirements to find someone on LinkedIn via email?
Ans. To find someone on LinkedIn with the help of their email address, you need to have a Microsoft Outlook account and a LinkedIn profile.
Q2. Can I find someone’s email on LinkedIn?
Ans. Yes, you can find someone’s email on LinkedIn provided that they are your connection and have displayed their personal information on their profile.
Q3. Can I find someone on LinkedIn without them knowing?
Ans. Yes, you can find someone on LinkedIn without them knowing by being an anonymous user. You can refer to the guide above to know the detailed steps to do so.
Q4. Can other people see my phone number on LinkedIn?
Ans. Other people on LinkedIn cannot see your phone number until or unless you add it to the Contact Info section of your profile.
Q5. Can someone see if I search them on LinkedIn?
Ans. Yes, a LinkedIn user can see if you have viewed their profile on the platform.
- Can You Hide Who You Follow on Instagram?
- How to Find Someone’s IP Address on Instagram
- How to Find Someone on Reddit Without Their Username
- How to Find Someone on WhatsApp Without Number
We hope that our doc on how to find someone on LinkedIn by email address helped you in guiding all the possible ways in which you can find a person on LinkedIn. Apart from this, if you have more queries or suggestions, you can leave your comments below.