With the advancement in technology, the internet has also reached heights. It not only helps in keeping people all over the world in touch but also helps in finding a person using their IP address. This amazing technology is extremely accurate and is used for different purposes. If you are someone looking to apply this technology to find someone then you have come to a perfect place. We have a perfect guide for you that will help you in answering your question about how to find someone’s exact location with IP address. Also, in today’s guide, you will learn a great deal about how to get someone’s exact address from their IP and its importance along with methods used in how to track exact location of IP address.
How to Find Someone’s Exact Location with IP Address
An Internet Protocol known as an IP address is a unique address that consists of a series of numbers that identifies a device on the internet or a local network. The IP addresses are commonly used by computers to communicate over the internet. Computers use them to communicate with other systems, websites, and many other parts of cyberspace.
IP address in general helps to provide information regarding a user’s city, state, country, ZIP code, and ISP on performing a lookup on the IP address of a device. While an IP address gives brief information about the whereabouts of a person it does not provide an exact physical address. However, you can still get to know a lot about a person’s first and last name with the help of reverse email lookup online tools that can conduct thorough research.
How to Get Someone’s Exact Address From their IP
If you have no idea about how you can trace someone’s exact location using their IP address, then we have some legitimate and easy methods that will help you in doing so. So, let us start with the first method that involves using Gmail to find the person.
Method 1: Find IP Address in Gmail
Using Gmail to find the IP address of a person is one of the simplest methods if you want to know how to track exact location of IP address. From an email Gmail, you can easily gather the required information on the IP address. You can learn about it in detail from the steps provided below:
1. Open Gmail on your browser and log in to your email account in it.
2. Now, open the email and click on the three-dots present at the top right corner of the email screen.
3. From the drop-down menu, select Show original.
4. Now, copy the IP address from the SPF section.
5. Next, open your browser and search IP lookup.
6. Click on the top search result.
7. Enter IP address in the search bar and click on GET IP DETAILS.
Also Read: Fix Email Address Not Found in Gmail
Method 2: Find IP Address in Outlook
For Outlook users, who want to know how to find someone’s exact location with IP address, it is as easy as finding an IP address in Gmail. You can follow the steps as they are performed below:
1. Open Outlook on your browser and Sign in to your account.
2. Click on the Inbox section from the side panel and open the email concerned.
3. Now, click on the three dots icon on opening the email.
4. Click on View from the menu.
5. Now, select View message details.
6. Next, copy the sender’s IP address.
7. Now, again open the IP lookup tool and paste the IP address in it. You can follow steps 5-7 given in the above Method 1.
Also Read: Fix Outlook Error 0x8004102a in Windows 10
Method 3: Use Command Prompt
Command Prompt is another great way in which you can find out where your data packets are going. This method helps in providing you with the IP address of each device that is connected to your computer. With this method, you can know how to get someone’s exact address from their IP and get information about approximate longitude, latitude, or ISP. So, let us have a look at the step-by-step instructions that need to be followed for it:
1. Hit the Windows key, type Command Prompt, then click on Run as administrator.
2. Next, type ping followed by the website URL that you want to trace in it, and then press Enter key.
3. Next, run the Tracert followed by the site URL command.
4. Then, copy the IP addresses to the IP lookup tool which lets you know the location of the given address.
These are some of the easy and preferred ways of tracing a person. You can also check our guide on 7 Ways to Trace the Location of a Person to know more about other ways possible.
Also Read: How to Change IP address in Windows 10
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I find out about the physical location using an IP address?
Ans. No, you cannot find out the exact physical geographical address of a person using an IP address.
Q2. How can I find someone’s exact location?
Ans. You can get your hands on someone’s location using Google Maps on your device, provided that the person you are trying to find has a profile.
Q3. Do phones also have IP addresses?
Ans. Yes, phones have IP addresses that are assigned to every mobile device that connects to a network.
Q4. Can I track someone’s location using a mobile phone number?
Ans. Yes, you can track the phone’s location using the mobile number. For this purpose, you need a reverse phone lookup tool.
Q5. Can two different devices have the same IP address?
Ans. All the IPs of routers are mostly unique but the private IPs of two hosts can be the same if both of them are connected to different public networks.
- 9 Ways to Get Spotify Premium Free Forever
- 7 Easy Ways to Find Someone on Snapchat Without Their Username
- How to Find Someone’s Name by Phone Number For Free
- Fix Server IP Address Could Not be Found on Windows 10
We hope that our doc was helpful in enlightening you about IP addresses and how to trace them. Knowing how to find someone’s exact location with IP address can indeed be very useful for different purposes altogether and we hope that our guide could help you with it. You can leave your queries or suggestions, if any, in the comments section below.