Snapchat is a messaging app primarily used to connect with friends, family, and even celebrities. Snapchat is available for Android as well as iOS. Snapchat was first used for a private one-on-one chat then new features allowed Snapchat users to share photos and videos on the go. The main difference between Snapchat and all other text-based messengers is that in the case of Snapchat when a user sends media to one another in chat. The media is available for the receiver for only a brief amount of time before it becomes inaccessible. Users often wonder if their old friends are on Snapchat if the user doesn’t have any information about their friends. They may want to find them by initiating a search on Snapchat. In this guide, you will know about how to find someone on Snapchat without their username and also about Snapchat username lookup, and search Snapchat users without app. So, let’s get started!
How to Find Someone on Snapchat Without Their Username
Following are all the possible ways to find someone on Snapchat.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The said steps were performed on the Moto g(8) Power Lite.
Method 1: Find People Through Social Media
People share their Snapchat usernames and details on their social media pages. For people searching to find someone on Snapchat without their username or in case your friend is on Facebook(Meta) then you can search on their home page for Snapchat account details. Also, you can try out all their other social media platforms too such as Twitter, Instagram, etc. All those platforms have the option of adding Snapchat info to their page.
Note: Not all the time you will find Snapchat info here since people don’t usually update their social handles on Facebook.
1. Log in to Facebook and search for your friend by clicking on the search icon.
2. On the homepage, click on the About tab.
3. Now, click on Contact and basic info, here you will see the details of the person you are searching for.
In this way, you can search Snapchat users without app.
Also Read: How Do I Get My Old Facebook Account Back
Method 2: Through Snapchat Search
This method allows you to find someone on Snapchat without their username. This involves just searching for real people’s names on the search bar.
1. Open the Snapchat app from the home screen.
2. Tap on the search icon present on the top left side of the screen.
3. On the search, type the name of the person you are searching for.
4. You can now add the people you are searching for by tapping Add next to the person ID.
Also Read: How to Follow on Snapchat
Method 3: Sync Contacts in Snapchat
If you already have a phone number saved in your contacts, then you can try to enable the option Find friends by syncing your friends through your contacts.
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Tap on the profile icon present on the top left side of the screen.
3. Now, tap on the gear icon present on the top-right side of the screen.
4. Under the ACCOUNT ACTIONS section, tap on Contact Syncing.
5. Finally, tap on the Sync Contacts checkbox. This will sync your phone with the contacts, so you can add your friends after syncing.
Method 4: Through Phone Number
For people willing to find Snapchat username by phone number. In case you have your friend’s phone number then you can use it to search for them on Snapchat and add them.
1. Launch the Snapchat app.
2. Tap on Add Friends icon present in the top right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on All Contacts.
4. From here, you can add the contacts using a phone number.
5. Tap on Add to add friends from the contact.
This is another way to Snapchat username lookup.
Method 5: Search for Photos Online
In case you have a selfie or photo of a person, you can try a reverse image search online. In case your photo matches their social media profile, then you can find them easily through a reverse image search. Follow these steps to search Snapchat Users without app.
2. Now, you will be redirected to Google images, click on the camera icon present in the text box.
3. Select the image you want to search for by clicking on upload a file.
4. You can drag a picture to dropbox to upload the image from your computer.
5. To get an image from a website, right-click on that image and click on Copy image address.
6. Now, paste the address on Google images, right-click on the Paste image link, and select Paste. Then, click on Search to search for an image similar to the file you uploaded.
Method 6: Add Friends Through URL
Every Snapchat user is assigned a unique URL, if you open this URL on your phone then a web browser will be opened, this gives an option to add a friend.
2. After you have received the URL, tap on the URL provided.
3. Tap on Open in Snapchat to add the person.
4. Finally, tap on Add Friend to add that person to your Snapchat.
Method 7: Through Snapcode
You can find someone using their Snapcode, this is the most common way of adding Snapchat friends. To find someone you just need to scan the Snapcode of the person. Here are the steps to find someone on Snapchat without their username through Snapcode.
Step I: Share Snapcode
Firstly, ask your friend to send their Snapcode, and save it on your device. You can instruct your friend to follow the steps below to share their Snapcode.
1. Launch the Snapchat app on your device.
2. Go to the profile section.
3. Tap on the Share icon.
4. Here you can use any social media to share the Snapcode.
5. After your friend has sent you the code, save it on your device.
Step II: Add Friend Through Snapcode
Now, to Snapchat username lookup, follow the steps below and scan the saved Snapcode.
1. Open Snapchat and tap on the Add Friends logo.
2. Here, tap on the Snapcode on the top right side of the search bar.
3. Select the Snapcode that you have saved.
Through this way, you can Snapchat username lookup.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I find someone’s Email ID on Snapchat?
Ans. Snapchat provides no information about the user’s Email ID, so if you want to search for someone through Email ID then you must know their Email ID.
Q2. How to find someone on Snapchat without their username?
Ans. The most common method is to use their Snapcode on the Snapchat app. Follow the guide provided above to learn more methods to find people without their usernames.
Q3. How can I find my Email ID from Snapchat?
Ans. Tap on your profile and go to Settings. Your email will be written under the mobile number.
Q4. Can I search for someone without a Snapchat account?
Ans. No, Snapchat does not allow even a simple search without creating an account.
Q5. How do I know if someone adds me on Snapchat?
Ans. Snapchat notifies you on the app that someone added you and also their mode of add such as through phone number, email, etc.
- How Can You Delete Amazon Photos Account
- How to See Who Saved Your Instagram Post
- How to Reverse a Video on Snapchat
- Can Snapchat be Traced?
We hope the above article on how to find someone on Snapchat without their username was useful to you. Please let us know which one of the methods worked for you. Also, let us know about any queries or suggestions in the comment section below.