LinkedIn has become the most useful social networking app for employers and employees alike. It is used on both computers and mobile phones.
Using the LinkedIn mobile application makes it easier to view & post job offers, placement vacancies, industrial needs, and apply to the relevant openings. In addition, using LinkedIn on a mobile site will comparatively save your data. Whereas using LinkedIn on a desktop site provides you access to more features, it consumes more data. Clearly, each has its own pros & cons.
Whenever you log into LinkedIn using a mobile browser, you are shown a mobile view.
If you wish to access the desktop version rather than the mobile version, read this guide. You will learn various tricks which will help you to enable the desktop version of LinkedIn on Android/iOS phones.
How to Enable LinkedIn Desktop Version on Android
Why do you want to Switch your LinkedIn Page to Desktop Site?
There are a variety of reasons why a user may want to do so, such as:
- Accessing LinkedIn on the Desktop site gives the flexibility to access all the features available in the application.
- The desktop site allows you to view the entire content of a LinkedIn page at once. This is helpful for multitasking.
- As per user reviews, the desktop site is more engaging and convenient as it provides better control over your profile, posts, comments, etc.
Follow this method to enable the LinkedIn desktop version on Android devices.
How to View LinkedIn Desktop Site on Android Device
Whenever you access a webpage on an Android device, the mobile site is displayed automatically. However, you can enable the desktop site on any web page within a few seconds. This feature is available with all the web browsers used today.
To enable the desktop site on Google Chrome:
1. Launch any web browser of your choosing on your Android phone.
2. Here, the Google Chrome browser is taken as an example.
3. You will see a three-dotted symbol in the top right corner of the page, as shown highlighted. This is the Menu; tap on it.
4. Here, several options will be displayed: New tab, New incognito tab, Bookmarks, Recent tabs, History, Downloads, Share, Find in page, Add to Home screen, Desktop site, Settings, and Help & Feedback. Check the box next to the Desktop site as depicted below.
5. The browser will switch to the desktop site.
Tip: If you wish to return to the mobile site, uncheck the box titled Desktop Site. The screen switches to mobile view automatically when you uncheck the box.
6. Here, enter the link in the search bar and tap Enter key.
7. Now, LinkedIn will be displayed as it does on a desktop or laptop. Proceed by entering your login credentials.
Note: While surfing through LinkedIn on a desktop site, you may receive a prompt message to switch back to the mobile site view. You can ignore it if you want to continue scrolling on the desktop site or agree it switch back to the mobile site.
How to Enable LinkedIn Desktop Version on iOS
Read below to enable the LinkedIn desktop version on iOS devices.
For iOS 13 and higher versions
1. Launch the LinkedIn webpage by entering the link as shared earlier in the search bar. Hit Enter.
2. Tap on the AA symbol then tap Request Desktop Website.
For iOS 12 and earlier versions
1. Launch the LinkedIn webpage on Safari.
2. Tap and hold the Refresh icon. It is located on the right-hand side of the URL bar.
3. From the pop-up that now appears, selects Request Desktop Site.
LinkedIn will be displayed in the desktop site version on your iOS device.
- 10 Best Free Proxy Sites to Unblock Facebook
- How to Find Your Phone Number On Android & iOS
- What is .AAE File Extension? How to open .AAE Files?
- How To Fix YouTube Keeps Signing Me Out
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to enable the LinkedIn desktop site on Android or iOS devices. Let us know whether you were able to enable the LinkedIn desktop version. If you have any queries/comments regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.