Instacart comes with a premium membership known as Instacart+. The Instacart+ membership benefits you with extra discounts and other exclusive benefits over your order. Though, you actually don’t need a membership to order your groceries from Instacart. The membership just adds some benefits to your orders. If you don’t have an Instacart membership, you can still order your groceries and food at your doorstep. If you already have a membership and want to cancel Instacart membership, stay tuned till the end. This article will surely guide you on how to cancel Instacart subscription and all other queries related to it.
How to Cancel Instacart Subscription
You can cancel Instacart membership from the Instacart Express menu from the app and website as well. Read till the end to learn the steps demonstrating the same in depth by using the images for better understanding.
Note: Instacart is available to customers only from the United States and Canada.
Is Instacart Free Without Membership?
Yes, Instacart is totally free without membership. If you don’t have an Instacart+ membership, you can still order your food and groceries and receive them on the same day at your doorstep. Instacart has many local shops connected to them all over the United States and Canada, which makes it easier for them to deliver fresh food and groceries within a few hours. As you order some food, you will definitely get a fresh one.
Also Read: How Do I Cancel My Instacart Shopper Account
Is Instacart Premium Worth Subscribing?
Yes, it is worth subscribing to those who order food and groceries regularly. Instacart premium subscription can save you on average $7 per order. You will get free delivery on every order with a total of $35 or greater. Instacart premium can also benefit you with reduced service charges. As a result, having an Instacart+ membership will only benefit you in saving a lot of money.
Why May You Want to Cancel Instacart Subscription?
Some users don’t order their food and groceries very often on Instacart and some of their orders don’t get past the minimum total of $35 in order to receive free delivery. In that case, the Instacart subscription is not very beneficial for those users and they can consider canceling the Instacart subscription.
Is There Any Cancellation Policy for Instacart?
Yes, there is a cancellation policy for Instacart. If you want to cancel your Instacart+ membership, you should cancel it within the first 15 days without placing any orders to get a full refund of the amount you paid for the Instacart+ membership. If you want to cancel your order during the shopping or delivery process, you will be charged with $15 cancellation fee.
Does Cancelling Instacart Subscription Charge Any Cancellation Fees?
No, cancelling an Instacart membership won’t charge you any type of cancellation fee. If you want to get a full refund, you should cancel your membership within the first 15 days of your paid Instacart+ membership. But you should not have placed any orders during this duration to avail of the full refund. If you cancel it any other time, you won’t receive any refund but you can enjoy the benefits of your plus membership until the end of your billing period.
How Can You Cancel Your Instacart Membership?
To cancel your Instacart membership using the mobile app. Just follow these steps,
Option I: On Mobile App
Follow the below-listed steps to cancel Instacart subscription on the mobile app.
1. Open Instacart app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Hamburger icon from the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Tap on Instacart Express.
4. Tap on Cancel Membership > Continue to cancel to confirm the cancellation process.
5. Choose the desired reason for leaving and then tap on Select.
6. Lastly, tap on Cancel to cancel Instacart membership.
Also Read: How to Cancel a Fashion Nova Order
Option II: On Browser
You can also cancel Instacart membership from the Instactart website on your browser.
Note: The following method works with every browser.
1. Visit the Instacart website in your browser.
2. Click on Log in from the top right corner.
3. Enter your Email and Password in the respective fields and click on Log in.
4. Click on the Account drop-down menu option from the top-right corner of the screen, as shown below.
5. Click on Instacart Express.
6. Scroll down and click on End membership.
7. Click on Continue to cancel to cancel Instacart subscription.
Note: You can avail back your membership within 3 days of cancellation.
Also Read: How Do I Cancel Starz Subscription on Amazon
How to Get Refund After Cancellation?
Follow the steps mentioned below to get a refund after canceling your Instacart item.
1. Open the Instacart app and tap on the Hamburger icon.
2. Tap on Your orders.
3. Tap on Get help for the desired item.
4. Then, select the desired issues from the list.
5. If you were charged for the selected items, tap on Yes, I was charged. Otherwise, tap on No, I wasn’t charged.
6. Select the desired items for which you want a refund and tap on Continue.
7. Tap on Refund to original payment method to initiate the refund process.
Can You Use Instacart Even After Cancelling Subscription?
Yes, you can use Instacart even after canceling your Instacart subscription. Instacart is available on the Play Store and Apple App Store for free to download. You don’t require a membership in order to use it. It is free to use and you can order any groceries and foods anywhere in the United States and Canada. Having a membership adds a few extra benefits, like free delivery on orders over $35 and reduced service charges.
Is It Easy to Quit Instacart Without Membership?
Yes, it’s easy to quit Instacart without membership. If you have a membership, you need to first cancel the membership and then delete your Instacart account. If you don’t have any membership, you just need to delete your account, and you are done with it. But firstly, make sure you don’t have any placed or incoming orders.
- What is Error Code 36 on Mac?
- How to Delete Reddit Account on App
- How to Delete DoorDash Account
- How to Transfer Amazon Gift Card Balance to Another Account
We hope you have understood the steps to cancel Instacart subscription and were able to perform them successfully. You can drop your queries about this article and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.