Instagram is a social media platform that has changed the life of many people in recent years. Every other person has an account on Instagram. You can create your business on it or use it just as an entertainment platform. People can tell every other person on Instagram about themselves using the bio feature of Instagram. Some people might want to add location on Instagram bio. So, in this article, we will look at how to add location to Instagram bio or put location in Instagram bio.
Table of Contents
How to Add Location to Instagram Bio
You can add any desired location to your Instagram bio from the Edit profile page. Keep reading to read the steps demonstrating the same in detail further in this article.
What is Bio on Instagram? How Do I Make My Instagram Bio?
Instagram bio is a place where Instagram users can describe themselves in 150 characters. You can include your name, your hobbies, or even any quotes you want. It is basically to tell the world who you are. To add your Instagram bio, you can consider following the below steps:
1. Launch the Instagram app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the bottom right corner to open your profile page.
3. Then, tap on the Edit profile option, as shown below.
4. Tap on the Bio field to edit it.
5. Now, enter the desired bio and tap on the Done icon from the top right corner to save the bio.
6. Again, tap on the Done icon to save the profile settings.
Also Read: How to View My Blocked List on Instagram
Where is Bio on Instagram?
You can find your bio or someone else’s bio on their profile page, just below their profile picture . You can check the below image for an example:
How to Add Location to Instagram Bio? How to Add Based in on Instagram Bio?
Note: To add a location to your personal Instagram bio, you can also add the Google Map link in the website section of the Instagram profile or write your location down in your bio itself.
1. Open the Instagram app and tap on the Profile icon.
2. Tap on Edit profile.
3. Tap on Contact options.
4. Then, tap on the Business address option.
5. Enter your Street address, City/town, and ZIP code according to the fields, and tap on the Done icon from the top right corner to save.
6. Again, tap on the Done icon from the top right corner to save the changes.
Also Read: How to Find Old Bios on Instagram
How to Add Google Location on Instagram Bio?
If you have a personal or a business account and want to add your Google location link to your account, then the only part is where you can insert the location link in the website section. This is because Instagram allows the link insertion only in the website part of the Instagram profile.
1. Open Instagram on your device.
2. Tap on the Profile icon > Edit profile.
3. Paste the Google Map link of your location in the Website field.
4. Tap on the Done icon from the top.
How to Add Location on Instagram Business Profile?
To add location to Instagram bio in case of a business profile, it is a very easy procedure. You can consider following the below steps for the same:
1. Open Instagram and tap on the Profile icon from the bottom of the screen.
2. Tap on Edit profile > Contact options.
3. Then, tap on the Business address option.
4. Enter your desired address in the fields accordingly.
5. Tap on the Done icon twice from the top right corner to save all the changes made.
Also Read: How to Change DoorDash Location
How to Create a Location on Instagram?
You are not allowed to create any new location on Instagram, as mentioned in the Instagram Help Center.
As said by Instagram, if you have a business profile, you can add your address to your profile from the Edit profile section. You can consider the following steps for the same:
1. Go to your Profile page on the Instagram application.
2. Tap on Edit profile.
3. Tap on Contact options > Business address.
4. Enter your address details and tap on the Done icon.
5. Finally, tap on the Done icon once again to save the profile settings changes.
Also Read: How to Tag a Location in Snapchat
Why Can’t I Add Location on Instagram bio?
Instagram does not provide an option to add a location to your personal account. If you have a personal Instagram account, you can add your address in plain text while writing your bio.
How to Put Location on Instagram Story?
To put location on the Instagram story is quite simple. You can consider the following steps for the same:
1. Open the Instagram app on your device and swipe right to create a Story.
2. Then, upload the desired picture or video you want to put on the story.
3. Tap on the Sticker icon from the top, as shown below.
4. Tap on Location.
5. Search and tap on the desired location you want to put on your story.
6. Drag and place the Location sticker wherever you want and tap on the Next arrow icon > Share to post Your Story.
- Why Uber Won’t Accept My Debit Card?
- How to Watch Instagram Live Anonymously
- How to Mass Archive Instagram
- How to see who has viewed your Location on Snapchat
We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned to add location to Instagram bio. Let us know whether this article has helped you. Drop your queries or suggestions in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.