Snapchat originated stories before other players entered the market. The game-changing filters introduced by them are still considered the best among others. It ruled social media before Instagram conquered everything. When Instagram came out as an improved version, many people left their old Snapchat accounts and shifted to Instagram, thus, losing access to their accounts or data stored in their Snapchat profiles. In search of all your old pictures and messages, are you too puzzled about how to get my old Snapchat account back? We bring you a helpful and effective guide that will teach you how to get old Snapchat back and much more surrounding the same issue.
- How Do I Get My Old Snapchat Account Back
- Can I Access an Old Snapchat Account?
- How Do I Recover My Old Snapchat Account?
- Where Can I Find Snapchat Account Recovery Tool?
- How Do I Get My Old Snapchat Account Back? How to Get Your Old Snapchat Back If You Forgot Your Password?
- How Can I Get My Old Snapchat Account Without Password?
- How Do I Find Out What Email I Used for Snapchat?
- Can I Get My Old Snapchat Account Back After 30 Days?
- How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account After 30 Days?
- How Can I Recover My Snapchat Without Phone Number or Email?
- Does Snapchat Delete Inactive Accounts?
- Why Has Snapchat Deleted My Account?
How Do I Get My Old Snapchat Account Back
It is possible to get your Snapchat account back by logging back into your account or resetting the password of the specific account. Let us see both the methods with the detailed steps assisted with useful illustrations.
Can I Access an Old Snapchat Account?
Yes, it is possible to get your old Snapchat account back. There are multiple ways to do so:
- If you have deactivated your account, within 30 days of requesting deactivation. In that case, you can log into your account by entering your username on the app on the device you were logged in to.
- The second method includes entering your username and password. If you have forgotten your password, feel free to use your phone number or email ID for recovery.
How Do I Recover My Old Snapchat Account?
If you are unable to recall the password of your old Snapchat account and if you haven’t deactivated your account, then account recovery is possible using the steps mentioned below:
1. Open the Snapchat app on your device.
2. Tap on Log In.
3. Tap on Forgot your password?
4. Tap on via Email.
Note: You can also tap on via Phone to receive a call or get an OTP. Simply enter the one-time password or interact with the prerecorded call to get access to reset the password.
5. Enter the Email address and tap on Submit to receive a mail that will allow you to reset your password.
6. From your Inbox, tap on the received Snapchat Password Reset mail > reset link, as shown below.
7. Enter the New Password twice to confirm and tap on Save to reset the password.
Where Can I Find Snapchat Account Recovery Tool?
Finding the Snapchat account recovery tool is simple. If you have created a recovery code already, then the Recovery tool will be found by following the below steps:
1. Open the Snapchat app.
2. Tap on the Profile icon at the top left corner to view your profile.
3. Tap on the Settings gear icon.
4. Tap on Two-Factor Authentication.
How Do I Get My Old Snapchat Account Back? How to Get Your Old Snapchat Back If You Forgot Your Password?
If you lost access to your Snapchat account or failed to remember the password, you need not worry. Follow the below-mentioned steps to get your old account back in case you forget the password:
1. Launch Snapchat on your phone and tap the Log In option.
2. Tap on Forgot your password? > via Phone.
3. Enter your PHONE NUMBER and tap on Submit.
4. Now, enter the verification code and tap on the Done icon.
5. Enter the Password twice to confirm and tap on Submit.
Also Read: How to Recover Deleted Instagram Account
How Can I Get My Old Snapchat Account Without Password?
Want to regain control of your Snapchat account but lost the password? Take a look at the steps given below to create a new password:
1. Open Snapchat on your device.
2. Tap on the Log In > Forgot your password?
3. Tap on via Email.
4. Enter the Email address and tap on Submit.
5. Open your mail inbox and find the Snapchat Reset Password mail you have received.
6. Tap on the reset link present in that email.
7. On the next page, enter the password in the New Password and Confirm Password fields, as shown below.
8. Finally, tap on Save to reset the password, as shown above.
Also Read: How Do I Get My Old Facebook Account Back
How Do I Find Out What Email I Used for Snapchat?
There is no defined procedure for finding out what Email you used for your account, but we bring you one easy-to-use method for the same.
1. Open the Email app on your device.
2. Type Snapchat in the search bar, as highlighted below.
Now, filter through different mailboxes in search of any emails received from the app, which will indicate the email address previously used to access the Snapchat app. Do this with all email IDs you own.
Can I Get My Old Snapchat Account Back After 30 Days?
Yes, you can get your old account back after 30 days. If you have deactivated your account, it will be disabled for 30 days. Your friends will not be able to contact or approach you while your account is deactivated. Snapchat permanently deletes your account only after 30 days from the request of deactivation.
How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account After 30 Days?
It is impossible to recover the account after 30 days of deletion. You get 30 days from the day of deactivation if you wish to restore your account. The account gets permanently deleted from the servers. Your data is no longer retrievable and recoverable. However, you can always create a new account to use this social media platform.
How Can I Recover My Snapchat Without Phone Number or Email?
Sometimes, you may forget the phone number or email connected to your Snapchat account or if you no longer have access to the linked ones. In that case, you need to contact support to recover the account. Follow the steps below:
1. Go to Snapchat Support Page.
2. Tap on Contact us.
3. Tap on I can’t access my account.
4. In the Oh no! Tell us more… section, tap the I can’t verify my email and mobile number option.
5. Swipe down and tap on YES under Need help with something else? as shown below.
6. Then, fill up the required fields and tap on SEND.
With this information, they will scan through the database for partial similarities in phone numbers and email IDs and help you recover your account and reset your password. Remember to check your inbox for any emails received from Snapchat.
Also Read: 16 Best Recovery Apps for Android
Does Snapchat Delete Inactive Accounts?
No, it does not delete inactive accounts. However, after 30 days of inactivity from deactivating your account, it shall be permanently deleted and erased from the servers.
Why Has Snapchat Deleted My Account?
Snapchat has serious and strict terms and conditions in place for the use of its platform. Many users fail to comply and get their accounts banned or deleted. Your account may be deleted or locked due to the following reasons:
- If you are accessing Snapchat or its services through a third-party app, plugin, or modification
- Spamming or engaging in any activity that violates Snapchat Community Guidelines, such as nudity
- They detected suspicious behavior on your account, indicating that it has been hacked
- How to Fix Queued Download on Android
- How to Get My Eyes Only on Snapchat
- How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Account
- How to Access Old Hotmail Account
We hope that this article was helpful and learned how to get my old Snapchat account back. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Please drop your queries or suggestions in the comments section, if any. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.