Xbox by Microsoft revolutionized the gaming world with its video game consoles & streaming services. If you own an Xbox, you must enjoy long, uninterrupted gaming sessions. But sometimes, you may be unable to sign in to your Xbox account. This happens due to Xbox Error Code 0x87dd0006, which may be triggered by inaccurate billing records, a corrupt account, or network issues. The 0x87dd0006 bug is infamous for disrupting gameplay, and the Xbox Support team has worked tirelessly to fix it. However, several users still continue to experience the issue. The Xbox One was the primary victim of this bug, followed by Xbox 360. Thanks to the Xbox Support team’s swift and effective approach, the problem was easily resolved. If you are facing Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006, continue reading to rectify it.
- How to Fix Xbox One Error 0x87dd0006
- Method 1: Check Xbox Live Status
- Method 2: Reconnect the Ethernet cable
- Method 3: Reset your Router to Fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006
- Method 4: Reconnect your Console
- Method 5: Place the Game Disc
- Method 6: Check/Edit your Billing Information
- Method 7: Update the Controller
- Method 8: Update the Console to Fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006
- Method 9: Delete then Add User Profile
How to Fix Xbox One Error 0x87dd0006
The following factors can contribute to the Xbox One Error 0x87dd0006, commonly known as Xbox Login Error:
- Incorrect billing details: If the billing information you provided at its purchase is inaccurate, an error can occur.
- Corrupt user profile: User accounts may become corrupted and error-prone.
- Network Configuration: Your network setup may behave differently at times, causing this error to appear.
Implement the given methods one-by-one, for Xbox Error Code 0x87dd0006 fix for your gaming device.
Method 1: Check Xbox Live Status
Xbox Live relies on some specific utilities to function properly. If even one of these isn’t accessible, you’ll get the Xbox One Error 0x87dd0006. All you need to monitor the status of Xbox Live is:
- A computer with an internet connection.
- Any web browser to access Xbox Live Status Page.
If the Xbox Live service is unavailable, you’ll have to wait for Microsoft to resolve the problem from their end.
Method 2: Reconnect the Ethernet cable
According to some users, you may be able to solve this issue by removing the ethernet cable from your computer and then, reconnecting it to log into your Xbox account. See if this was a suitable Xbox Error Code 0x87dd0006 fix. Or else, try the next method.
Method 3: Reset your Router to Fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006
Many such failures are often caused by network setup issues, and the only solution is to restart your modem. Try to reset your modem/router to fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006. You can also restart your wireless router, using the given steps:
1. Switch Off your Xbox.
2. To switch off your modem, press the Power button.
3. Wait 30 seconds until the modem is turned off.
4. Now, push and press the Power button on your modem, until it switches on.
5. Switch On your Xbox One.
Alternately, press the Reset button on the router to refresh the network configuration.
Check if this simple Xbox Error Code 0x87dd0006 fix could do the job, for your device.
Also Read: How to Remove Xbox Game Speech Window
Method 4: Reconnect your Console
Multiple users claimed that this helped; so you can also try it.
- Turn off the console.
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Wait a few minutes after disconnecting the power cord before plugging it back in.
- After that, restart the console.
If this couldn’t fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006, try the next method.
Method 5: Place the Game Disc
A few gamers also claimed to have solved the Xbox One Error 0x87dd0006 login issue by simply, loading a Disc into their Xbox. Thereafter, they were allowed to sign in, without any errors.
After performing these basic hardware-related checks to find Xbox Error Code 0x87dd0006 fix, let us now discuss software-related solutions to fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006.
Also Read: How to Gameshare on Xbox One
Method 6: Check/Edit your Billing Information
It has been reported that incorrect billing details may also trigger this login error. If you’ve made some modifications to your account or billing records, double-check that the entered data is correct. Simply, follow the given steps to cross-check your billing information to fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006.
Option 1: Update Details via Microsoft Account Webpage
1. Using any web browser, go to your Microsoft Account Sign-in Page and log in.
2. Click on Billing info from the Payment & Billing section.
3. Adjust the desired details by selecting Edit profile.
Option 2: Update Details on Xbox One
1. To use the Guide, navigate left on the Home screen.
2. Select Settings > All Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Payment & billing from the Account section, as depicted.
4. Select the option to change your billing address. Make the desired changes to the billing records.
5. Click Save info to save the updates once you’ve updated the info.
Option 3: Update Details on Xbox 360
1. Go to Account > Payment & Billing, as earlier.
2. Choose Manage Payment Options.
3. Choose the payment method you’d like to change. Refer given pic for clarity.
4. Adjust the billing information, if required.
5. When you’re done, click OK to save your adjustments.
Method 7: Update the Controller
A few users observed that merely upgrading their controller solved the login problem. This is a straightforward technique that can be carried out in three ways.
Option 1: Update Xbox One controller Wirelessly
1. Click Settings from the menu.
2. Choose Devices & accessories.
3. Choose the controller that needs to be updated.
4. Tap the Update option.
Option 2: Update Xbox One controller via USB cord
1. Using the USB cord, connect your controller to your console.
2. Instructions will now appear on the screen.
Note: If you don’t see the instructions, go to Menu > Settings > Devices & Accessories.
4. Next, pick your controller and choose Update.
Option 3: Update Xbox One controller via Windows Desktop
1. From the Windows Store, get the Xbox Accessories app.
2. Launch the Xbox Accessories software.
3. Use the USB cord or Xbox Wireless Adapter to attach your Xbox One Wireless Controller.
4. If an update is available, you will get an Update Required message after connecting your controller.
5. Download and install the upgrade.
Wait till the controller upgrade has been installed, and then run your Xbox and the Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006 should be resolved.
Method 8: Update the Console to Fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006
Be sure to update the console regularly to get the most recent system updates. If the console isn’t updated, it may give rise to Xbox One Error 0x87dd0006 on the login screen. Here’s how to update your Xbox console to fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006:
1. Launch the Guide.
2. Choose Settings > All Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Then go to System > Updates & Downloads, as highlighted.
4. Click Update console to check if any updates are available.
5. Download the updates.
6. Restart & re-login to your Xbox device and enjoy gaming.
Method 9: Delete then Add User Profile
Your user profile can get corrupted, resulting in Xbox One Error 0x87dd0006. Therefore, it is suggested to remove your existing profile and then, re-add & re-download it. Implement the steps listed below to Delete and then, Add profile on your Xbox device.
Option 1: For Xbox One Users
1. Scroll left on the Home screen to launch the Guide,
2. Select Settings > All Settings.
3. Select Account > Remove Accounts, as depicted below.
4. Choose to Remove for the account you wish to delete.
5. Click Close when you’re done.
6. Access the Guide again.
7. Scroll down to the Sign-in tab and click Add & manage.
8. Choose the Add new option, as highlighted.
9. Click Enter after entering your Microsoft Account Login Details.
10. Read and Accept the Microsoft Service Agreement and Privacy Statement.
11. Customize Sign-In & Security preferences by following the directions on the computer.
Option 2: For Xbox 360 Users
1. Click on System from the Settings menu.
2. Select Storage.
3A. Pick All Devices, if an external storage device is connected to your console.
3B. Or, Pick Hard Drive if you don’t have any external storage options.
4. Select Profiles.
5. Choose Uninstall for the profile you want to wipe off from the drop-down menu.
6. To Delete Profile without removing your achievements or saved games, choose the Delete Profile Only option.
7. Next, press the Guide button on your controller.
8. Choose Download Profile.
9. Enter the Login credentials for your Microsoft account.
10. Select a Directory for storing your profile and wait for it to download.
This should fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006 permanently.
- Fix Xbox One Overheating and Turning Off
- Fix Wireless Xbox One controller requires a PIN for Windows 10
- Fix A Device Attached to the System is Not Functioning
- How to Turn off Narrator Voice in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Xbox One Error Code 0x87dd0006. Let us know which method worked for you. If you have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to drop them in the comments section.