There are several music streaming apps that people use to listen to songs from all around the world on the go. One such famous app is Spotify which is preferred by millions of users to explore their favorite songs. Despite its favored use, some people have been complaining about Spotify randomly skipping songs. If you are someone dealing with the same issue then you have landed on the right page. We have a perfect guide for you today which will help you explore Why is my Spotify skipping every 10 seconds and what can you do to fix it. To know more about these tested and tried methods in detail, continue reading the guide.
Table of Contents
Ways to Fix Spotify Randomly Skipping Songs
Here, you will get to know why is my Spotify skipping every 10 seconds and the solutions to fix Spotify randomly skipping songs on phone.
Reasons behind Spotify Randomly Skipping Songs
The glitch where Spotify is known to skip songs is affecting many users across the globe. As much as this problem is common, it is triggered by some known reasons listed below:
- Issues with the internet connection of your device.
- Streaming quality issues in the Spotify app.
- Spotify corrupt cache.
- Outdated Spotify app version.
- External devices or third-party application interference.
- Spotify account conflicts.
How to Fix Spotify Randomly Skipping Songs on Phone
Earlier, the songs-skipping issue in Spotify used to be due to unknown reasons. Now that the reasons behind this issue are known, there are a few methods that you can attempt to get this error fixed easily. Let us explore these methods below and get Spotify fixed easily:
Method 1: Restart Device
Spotify is a go-to-use application that is mostly used on mobile phones. Therefore, to resolve Spotify errors or skipping songs issue, it is first advised to restart your phone. It is one of the simplest ways to fix the issue without diving into complex methods. This method helps in resolving in-app problems that need a simple refresh. So, restart your Android device easily for which you can even refer to our guide on How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone? and get familiar with different ways in which you can perform this method.
Method 2: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Spotify requires a strong and stable internet connection to stream music. Mostly, Spotify skips songs after 1 second due to network issues. Therefore, you must check the internet connection of your device and make sure it is strong enough to support song streaming on Spotify without skipping or any delay. In case you find your connection slow and weak, you can strengthen it with the help of our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone.
Also Read: Fix Spotify Error Code 17 on Windows 10
Method 3: Re-Login to Spotify
You can also encounter issues with Spotify skipping songs if your subscription to the app has expired. In this case, the app might require a re-login to refresh to migrate your subscription back to standard. To do this, you can simply log out and log in again to your Spotify account.
1. Tap on the Spotify application icon on your Android device.
2. Now, tap on the Settings gear icon at the top of the Spotify home screen.
3. Next, scroll down on the window and tap on Log out at the end.
4. Once done, wait for some time and relaunch the Spotify app to log in.
Method 4: Decrease Stream Quality
An issue like Spotify randomly skipping songs usually occur due to stream quality issues in the app. If you are listening to songs on Spotify online and happen to encounter a playback issue, there is a high chance that your current connection is not able to handle the bandwidth requirement of the app. If so, you must lower the streaming quality of your Spotify app with the help of the following steps:
1. Open the Spotify app and access the Settings gear icon at the top of the screen.
2. Now, locate and tap on the Audio Quality option.
3. Next, set the WiFi streaming and Cellular streaming option to Normal.
4. Next, toggle on the Auto adjust quality option in the Audio Quality settings.
Also Read: 9 Ways to Fix Something Went Wrong Spotify Error on Windows 10
Method 5: Clear Spotify Cache
If you are wondering why is my Spotify skipping every 10 seconds, then the corrupt Spotify cache is the answer for you. Corrupted and problematic data from the Spotify app can interfere with its music streaming capabilities leading to the song-skipping issue on the platform. Therefore, it is advised to clear the Spotify cache from your device which you can do with the help of the following steps:
1. Launch the Spotify app to open its Settings.
2. Now, scroll down in Settings and tap on the Clear cache option.
3. Next, confirm the process by selecting Clear cache in the prompt message window.
Method 6: Update Spotify App
If Spotify skips songs after 1 second on your device, then you can try updating the app. An outdated or faulty version of Spotify can also lead to streaming and playback issues on your phone. If so, you can update the app on your phone to the latest version by following the steps given below:
1. Tap on the Play Store icon on your mobile phone’s home screen.
2. Next, search for the Spotify app and tap on the Update option.
3. Once the app has been updated, tap on the Open button to launch the app and play the music to check if the said issue has been resolved.
Method 7: Log Out from Other Devices
You must also check if your Spotify account is active on other devices in order to fix Spotify randomly skipping songs phone. As your account can be accessed on different devices at the same time, you can easily control the music you are listening to from anywhere. However, you can only listen to music on one device at one device which can become conflicting if there are other users of your account as well. So, it is important to check if someone else is using your Spotify account and if it is active somewhere else to get rid of the skipping issue. In case you are active, log out from other devices.
Method 8: Free Up Device Storage
Storage of your device also plays an important role in Spotify randomly skipping songs. If your device storage is low, you might encounter an issue while streaming music on Spotify. Therefore, you must check if there is enough storage on your device, in case there is not, you can refer to our guide on How to Free up Internal Storage on Android Phone to get more space and run Spotify unproblematically.
Also Read: 7 Best Fixes for Spotify Something Went Wrong Error on Android
Method 9: Turn Off Battery Saver Mode
The next method to fix Spotify randomly skipping songs phone involves turning off the battery saver mode on your device. Battery saver mode can interfere with the streaming services of Spotify and lead it to skip songs. In this case, it is best suitable to turn off this feature on your Android device. You can turn off this mode with the help of the following steps:
1. First, pull up or pull down your home screen to open the Notification drawer.
2. Next, tap on the Battery saver icon to turn it off on your Android phone.
Now that the Battery saver mode is off, launch the Spotify app and check if the skipping song issue has been fixed.
Method 10: Play Spotify Offline
You can also try to play Spotify offline in case you are still wondering why is my Spotify skipping every 10 seconds. If you have already downloaded songs in the app, you can play them offline by following the steps below:
1. Open the Spotify app and tap on the Settings gear icon in it.
2. Now, tap on Playback from the Settings menu.
3. Next, active Offline Mode in Playback.
Also Read: Fix Spotify Duo Not Working
Method 11: Reinstall Spotify App
Finally, you can fix Spotify skips songs after 1 second error by reinstalling the app on your device. Removing the old copy of the app and installing a new one will help you get rid of its corrupt data. It will also ensure that the Spotify app is correctly installed on your mobile phone without any application file issues. You can attempt to reinstall Spotify with the help of the following steps:
1. Tap on the Spotify app icon on your phone and press the icon for a few seconds.
2. Tap on the Uninstall option from the pop-up menu.
3. Now, open the Play Store application on your device.
4. Search Spotify in Play Store and click on the Install button.
Once you have reinstalled the app, log in and check if the song-skipping issue has been resolved.
- How to Remove Community Guidelines Strike on Instagram
- Can You See Your Current Spotify Stats?
- How to Slow Down Songs on Spotify
- Fix No Sound on Spotify on Android
This brings us to the end of our guide on Spotify randomly skipping songs. We hope that we have been able to know about Why is my Spotify skipping every 10 seconds and finding a perfect solution to fix this issue. If you have other queries or suggestions for us, please feel free to drop them in the comments section below.