Whether you are into listening to motivating podcasts or hitting the gym with your upbeat music playlist, Spotify is your one-stop shop. Here you will find thousands of amusing playlists and exceptional music tracks created by creators all around the world. However, if you like to slow down your favorite songs to match the chill vibes in your environment, you must be wondering how does Spotify slow down songs work. If so, read this article till the end to learn how can you change the speed of a song on Spotify and how to change Spotify playback speed.
How to Slow Down Songs on Spotify
Using Spotify, you can create multiple playlists to go with the flow. So, whether you are at a birthday party or someone’s baby shower, you can access your party playlist with just a tap. But if you always wanted to add a special touch by speeding up or slowing down the speed of songs, you are at the right place. Below we have mentioned fool-proof methods to change the speed of Spotify songs. Continue reading further to know how can you change the speed of a song on Spotify.
Can You Change the Speed of a Song on Spotify?
Yes. Although Spotify does not allow users to slow down or increase the speed of songs, below you will learn how to do that. Apart from this, you can change the speed of podcasts on Spotify without using third-party apps. Do you know how to slow down songs on Spotify iPhone? Keep on reading to know more.
Also Read: Is Spotify Premium Worth It?
How to Slow Down Songs on Spotify?
As mentioned earlier, Spotify does not allow users to slow down the speed of songs on the platform. However, you can use the Spotify Play Speed Access extension on your laptop and enjoy Spotify slow down songs. This is what you have to do to Spotify slow down songs:
1. Visit the Chrome Web Store on your browser.
2. Search Spotify Playback Speed in the search bar and open the result.
3. Next, click on Add to Chrome.
4. Click on the Add extension option.
5. Now, open the Spotify web player and play any desired song.
6. Click on the Playback Speed icon and make the necessary adjustments.
This is hands-down the best method to change the playback speed of songs on Spotify. Continue reading further to know how to change speed of music on Spotify Android.
How to Change Spotify Playback Speed?
These days people like to play podcasts in the background while working out, cooking, or spending quality time alone. Doing so not only fills the silences in the background but also gives you a perfect chance to avoid screens. As mentioned earlier, Spotify allows listeners to change the speed of podcasts as per their liking. This is how to change Spotify podcast playback speed in simple steps.
1. Launch Spotify app on your PC or laptop.
2. Play any desired podcast of your choice.
3. Next, click on the Change speed icon.
4. Select any desired speed option to play.
Also Read: Best Spotify Equalizer Settings for Airpods
How to Change Speed of Music on Spotify Android?
Before you begin with the steps, it is important to point out that the answer to how to change speed of music on Spotify Android is elaborate. It is a lengthy and time-consuming process and thus, probably the least favorite of Spotify users. But if you still want to give Spotify slow down songs a shot on Android, below are the steps you need to follow.
Step I: Download Spotify MP3 Songs on Laptop
1. Download and install Tunelf Spotify Music Converter on your Windows laptop.
2. Launch Spotify.
3. Click on the three-dotted icon beside the desired song which you wish to slow down.
4. Click on Share > Copy Song Link.
5. Now, launch Tunelf app on your laptop.
6. Paste the link in the search bar of Tunelf Spotify Music Converter and click on the + icon.
Step II: Send Mp3 File to Android
1. Now, go to your Gmail account and click on Compose.
2. Enter your email address in Recipients and click on the Attach files icon.
3. Select the downloaded MP3 file from your laptop and click on Send.
4. Open the Gmail app on your smartphone and download the MP3 file.
Step III: Change Speed of Songs
1. Launch Google Play Store on your phone.
2. Search for the Music Speed Changer app and tap on Install, as shown.
3. Open the Music Speed Changer app and pick the desired MP3 file from your device.
4. Next, tap on the Expand icon from the bottom of the screen to make adjustments.
5. Finally, adjust the Tempo slider to speed up or slow down the song as per your preference.
Note: Sliding Tempo to the left will slow down the MP3 file while sliding it to the right will increase its speed.
Also Read: Fix Google Music Playback Error on Android
How to Slow Down Songs on Spotify iPhone?
Now that you know how to change Spotify playback speed for podcasts, let us move on. If you were struggling with how to slow down songs on Spotify iPhone, this is the most effective method. Although it is, you will get fruitful results each time.
1. Launch App Store on your iPhone.
2. Search for the Audipo- Audio Speed Changer app and tap on the download icon.
3. Open the File Manager app and tap and hold on to the MP3 song file.
4. Tap on the Share option from the menu.
5. Tap on Audipo.
6. Next, tap on Save.
7. Launch the Audipo app and tap on Open.
8. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the bottom right corner.
9. Go to Copied Files and select the desired MP3 song file you wish to slow down.
10. Tap on the speed icon to launch Speed settings, as shown.
11. Adjust the slider to slow down or speed up a song and tap on OK.
- 23 Best Live Service Games
- 17 Best AirPods App for Android
- Best Equalizer Settings for Spotify
- How to Download Spotify Songs without Premium
Listening to music is a great way to jazz up your parties or create mellow vibes for your yoga sessions. What is even better is changing the playback speed and adjusting the music to your liking. We hope this article helped you in understanding how Spotify slow down songs work. Drop your queries or suggestions in the comment section below and let us know what you would like to read next.