Ever since their release in 2016, Apple AirPods and the subsequent AirPods gen 2, 3, Pro, and Max have been one of the most sought-after devices in the Bluetooth Headset market. Their release was accompanied by the trend of smartphones losing their headphone jacks which helped them solidify the cult status that they have today. But since AirPods are an Apple product, it makes people wonder if it works with Android devices. While it is compatible with other devices, they function just like Bluetooth headsets. So, if you want to get the most out of your Apple AirPods with your Android device, here is a list of the Best AirPods app for Android. You will also get to know about Android Airpods Pro app so continue reading.
Best AirPods App for Android
Here, we have listed the list of best AirPods app for Android in detail.
Can you Connect AirPods to an Android Device?
Yes, you can use your AirPods with an Android device just like any other Bluetooth headset. They work with a device that supports Bluetooth, so you can use them with your laptop and even your smart TV. But to use them more efficiently you will need some of the best AirPods app for Android. Continue reading the article to know about AirPod app for Android.
List of Best AirPods App for Android
If you recently got Apple AirPods or are planning to get them, but you own an Android phone and are worried if you will get the most out of your AirPods or not, then this is the list of the best AirPods app for Android.
1. Wunderfind: Find Lost Device
If you want to find your AirPods without turning your house upside down, then Wunderfind: Find Lost Device by Hendrik Folkerts would be the best AirPods app for Android for you. It detects all the adjacent Bluetooth devices, and you can choose which one to track and play sound from. Wunderfind can only find your AirPods when they are connected to your phone, so they are of no use if your AirPods are lost while they are in their case. The features of this app are as follows:
- It displays a distance score based on how far you are from your AirPods, which increases as you get closer.
- You also get the option to play sound from your AirPods to find out where they are.
- Wunderfind is suitable for AirPods, Apple Pencil, iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Fitness tracker, and more.
- It is a free app.
- Some of its features are unlocked by in-app purchases.
2. Podroid Pro (Using AirPod on Android like iPhone)
If you like to customize your apps and make them pop, then Podroid Pro (Using AirPod on Android like iPhone) by Keonwoo Lee is the best AirPod app for Android. Its key features are listed below:
- With 5 distinct themes, Gold / Space Grey / Black / Red / White, you can choose what color your UI looks like.
- You also get to define what function occurs when you double-tap and triple-tap your AirPods.
- In-ear detection feature is available so if you remove an AirPod from your ear the music stops.
- Ear-detection increases battery consumption, so if you are concerned about your phone’s battery life then you can turn off this feature from settings.
- It displays the battery status of your AirPods in an overlay and also on your notification panel.
- It is available for free.
- Some features can be unlocked by in-app purchases.
Also Read: Best Spotify Equalizer Settings for Airpods
3. Assistant Trigger: for AirPods
An amazing AirPod app for Android is Assistant Trigger: for AirPods by DotArrow Inc. Some of the key features are as follows:
- It allows you to launch Google Assistant like you launch Siri in iOS, just by a double tap (AirPods 2) or a single squeeze (AirPods Pro 1, 2, AirPods 3). This feature works with both AirPods and even when your phone is locked.
- It announces the name of the caller and app notifications directly into your AirPods.
- Assistant Trigger also shows you the battery status of your AirPods and their case.
- Similar to AirBattery, with in-app purchases, you get in-ear detection, which stops the music when you remove an AirPod.
- It works with AirPods 1, 2, 3, AirPods Pro 1, 2, AirPods Max & Powerbeats Pro.
- Assistant Trigger is available for free.
First up is AirBattery by Georg Friedrich. It is a great app that displays the remaining battery life of your AirPods right on your screen. Some of its excellent features are as follows:
- It also displays the battery of the case when at least one AirPod is in the case.
- AirBattery uses a Bluetooth Low Energy interface, which, compared to classic Bluetooth, has lower energy consumption.
- AirBattery also offers in-ear detection which pauses the music when you remove one AirPod. But this feature only supports a few apps, including Spotify, Netflix, YouTube, Google Play Music, Deezer, Apple Music, and BeyondPod.
- You have to open the app to see the current battery status of your AirPods, and you have to get the pro version to unlock the self-updating notification.
- The battery status of the AirPods is displayed with an interval of 10% (Full| 90%| 80%).
- AirBattery supports AirPods 1, 2, Pro, BeatsX, Solo3, Studio3, Powerbeats3, and Powerbeats Pro.
- Not all phones are compatible with AirBattery. Some Chinese phones such as Huawei, Xiaomi, Vivo, and Oppo may not work with this app.
- AirBattery is available for free on the Google Play Store.
Also Read: How to Connect AirPods with Dead Case
Created by Ctrl-s, Droidpods is one of the easiest-to-use Android AirPods Pro app. With most of its functions based on the notification panel, it is a simple AirPod app for Android that helps you keep your phone free from clutter. Some of the key features of this Android AirPods Pro app are as follows:
- Droidpods has an easy-to-use UI.
- It shows the battery status of each of your AirPods, and its case separately, and sends a notification when the AirPods or the case are below 10%.
- To save battery consumption of your phone, it does not scan for your AirPods with Bluetooth when you don’t use it.
- Droidpods is a paid app and costs around $2.5.
- The last update of this app was on 1 February 2018, but other than regular bug fixes, a simple app like Droidpods does not need continued development. So, if active development isn’t an issue for you, then it is the best AirPods app for Android.
6. AirPods Quick Connect Tile
Connecting and disconnecting your AirPods every time you want to use them can quickly turn into a tedious task. To save you the trouble of disconnecting your AirPods from any other device they might be connected to, you can use AirPods Quick Connect Tile by Zander’s Apps and then pair them with the device you want to use them with. The feature of Airpod app for Android is as follow:
- It simplifies the feature of connecting your AirPods by adding a tile to your notification panel that can connect it to your device just by tapping the button.
- The tile light’s up when your AirPods are connected and turns grey when they get disconnected. Its simplicity makes it one of the best AirPods app for Android.
- It is a free app on the Google Play Store.
Also Read: How Long Do AirPods Take to Charge?
7. Airloud Airpods Volume Booster
One of the best that you can have on your device is Airloud Airpods Volume Booster by mixsoft. Airloud Airpods Volume Booster improves your experience with the following features:
- It uses a 5-point equalizer with a separate section to increase loudness.
- The separate toggle for boosting the bass and customizing the visualizer helps you to listen music according to your preference.
- It also has a few presets to make it easier to get the right sound for the right song.
- Airloud Airpods Volume Booster is a free app, available on the Google Play Store.
8. Battery Pods – AirPods battery
To prevent your AirPod’s battery percentage from falling very low without you noticing you can use Battery Pods – AirPods battery by Sumy Applications. It is a wonderful Android AirPods Pro app. Some of the feature of Android AirPods Pro app are as follow:
- The app shows you the battery percentage with the fancy pop-up that iOS users get when they connect their AirPods.
- You get the option of getting a push notification when the battery falls below a set percentage.
- Battery Pods – AirPods battery is free on the Google Play Store.
- It has some features that get unlocked with in-app purchases.
9. Pods & Buds – AirPods Battery
One of the best AirPods Pro app for Android is Pods & Buds – AirPods Battery by Wonderful HAonesoft Tech. The features of the best AirPods Pro app for Android are as follow:
- You can see the battery percentage of your AirPods on the notification panel.
- You also get a notification on your locked screen showing the battery percentage of your AirPods that stays for 1 minute.
- It is a completely free app with no in-app purchases.
10. AirBost Airpods Volume Booster
Another great equalizer to enhance your AirPods experience and get the extra bam for the bass of the music is AirBost Airpods Volume Booster by mixsoft.
- It comes with a 5-point equalizer to let you customize the sound as you deem fit.
- It also comes with presets like Classic, Popular, Pop, Hip-hop, etc.
- It also has toggles to control bass boost, loudness, and virtualizer.
- It also works during phone calls, increasing the clarity of your calls.
- It is a free app.
11. AndroPods – Airpods on Android
The next app on our list of Best AirPods App for Android is AndroPods – Airpods on Android by Parkhomenko Vitalii. The features are as follows:
- It unlocks in-ear detection in your AirPods.
- You can trigger the voice assistant by tapping 4 times on your AirPods.
- Just like many other apps on this list, when you connect your AirPods, you can also see the battery status on your notification panel.
- You can only trigger voice assistant when nothing is playing in the background.
- AndroPods is a free app however some advanced features can only be accessed with in-app purchases.
12. PodAir – AirPods Battery Level
PodAir – AirPods Battery Level by Bickster LLC is one of the best AirPods apps for Android devices. Here is what you need to know about this app:
- It lets you see the battery status of each individual AirPod and of the case too.
- The app does not work with some Huawei phones. Certain Chinese phones are missing a critical Bluetooth 4.0 feature that allows the app to read AirPods battery levels.
- It is compatible with Apple AirPods 1, AirPods 2, and AirPods Pro.
- It is a free app however some of its features are unlocked by in-app purchases.
Also Read: 17 Best WiFi Calling App for Android
One of the best AirPods app for Android that you can try is AirDroid by mtauro. It is an extremely efficient app that displays the battery status of your AirPods on a popup and notification panel when they are connected. The features of this app are as follows:
- It shows the battery percentage in intervals of 10%.
- It can also display the battery status of your AirPods case when at least one of the AirPod is in the case.
- Not all phones are compatible with AirDroid. Huawei, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, and other Chinese-branded phones may not work with this app.
- It is a completely free app.
14. PodsBattery – AirPods battery
Created by JiShufeng, PodsBattery – AirPods battery is one of the best AirPods apps for Android devices packed with many features. It is compatible with AirPods 1, 2, AirPods Pro, Pro 2, Beats Solo³, Solo Pro, Beats X, Beats Studio³, Powerbeats Pro, Powerbeats³, Powerbeats⁴, etc. The features of the best airpods app for Android are as follow:
- It lets you see the battery percentage of your AirPods with a popup when the headset is connected.
- You can also check battery status in the notifications, widget, status bar, and quick setting.
- It also comes with in-ear detection.
- It has the unique feature of viewing headset positioning.
- You can set the touch controls of the AirPods.
- It is available for free on the Google Play Store but some of its features are unlocked by in-app purchases.
15. MaterialPods: AirPods battery
Another amazing app on our list of the best AirPods apps for Android devices is MaterialPods: AirPods battery by Pryshedko-Dev. MaterialPods is a lot more than just an app that shows the battery status of your AirPods. The features of this app are as follows:
- It comes with interchangeable UI parameters with which you can customize your app’s widgets, notification panels, and pop-up windows out of the many available designs.
- You can see the battery status of your AirPods and their case with smooth animations when you connect them to your Android device.
- It is compatible with – AirPods Pro 2, AirPods Pro 1, AirPods Gen 3, AirPods Gen 2, AirPods Gen 1, AirPods Max, and PowerBeats Pro.
- It is free on the Google Play Store but Some of the features have to be unlocked by in-app purchases.
Also Read: 16 Best Fake Number App for Android
OpenPods is one of the best AirPods Pro app for Android. It is a free and open-source app best for monitoring your AirPods. OpenPods is compatible with AirPods, 2, 3, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, Beats X, Beats Flex, Beats Solo 3, Beats Studio 3, Powerbeats 3, and Powerbeats Pro. The features of the Best AirPods Pro app for Android are:
- You can see the battery status of your AirPods in your notification panel for free.
- Since OpenPods is an open-source app it cannot be found on the Google Play Store and has to be downloaded from open-source app stores.
- The only disadvantage of OpenPods is that it needs to run in the background to function properly.
17. AirBuds Popup – airpod battery
A straightforward app, AirBuds Popup – airpod battery by Designer J is a great app for seeing the battery status of your AirPods. The features of this app are as follows:
- It has some of the most amazing pop-up animations and notifications.
- AirBuds Popup also comes with features like reading caller ID when you receive an incoming call.
- Assistive Listening helps you hear someone speaking near you more clearly even while you are wearing the AirPods.
- On some smartphone devices, the system location service must be turned on.
Also Read: 20 Best Free Face Morph App for Android
Is AirPods for Android a Good Choice?
The apps in this list are among the best AirPods Pro app for Android that can help you use an Android device to get the most out of your Apple AirPods, but only iOS users can get many features and customizations. Features like Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency Mode are only available for iOS devices. To use them, you need to first connect to an iOS device. And for the price point of AirPods, if you are not getting the maximum benefit out of them, we would recommend that you do not buy AirPods if you do not want to get an Apple device and are using an Android device.
- 10 Ways to Fix Android Camera QR Code Not Working
- Top 20 Best Free Equalizer for Windows 10
- Top 15 Best Podcast Apps for Android
- 15 Best App to Restore Old Photos Android List
We hope that with the help of this guide, you now know about the best AirPods app for Android. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.