Photos are a part of memories. While it has become quite easy to capture memories in electronic gadgets like mobile phones, tablets, cameras, and other devices that do amazing editing and add other features to photos, it was not the same in earlier times. People would capture their happy times, excitement, and other memorable moments in film negatives or photographic paper. These old, dull, scratched, and decolorized photos can now be scanned and restored using best app to restore old photos Android. If you are here to find a perfect photo repair app for Android to make your photos brand new then you have come to the right place. In this doc, you will be exploring different apps for photo restoration along with their features, pros, and cons. So, without delaying any further, let us get started with the list and find a perfect app for your Android phone.
Best App to Restore Old Photos Android List
With time and conditions, the appearance of a digital copy of a physical photo might get damaged. In such a scenario, having a restoration app can be a life savior. On the internet today, you will find a number of these restoration apps that can turn your old photos to brand new. However, some of these apps are not as useful and lack some of the common features. Therefore, we are here with the best ones along with their features and a list of pros and cons that will help you find a perfect match for you.
1. Adobe Photoshop Express
Adobe is a popularly known name in the world of photo and video editing. For desktop Adobe users, Adobe Photoshop Express would look like an easy-to-use tool curated specifically for smartphone users. It is free old photo restoration app that is perfect for all-around photo editing on the go.
- Adobe Photoshop Express helps with photo restoration, cropping, retouching, and into turning old photos to new ones with amazing imagery.
- The tool is known to handle complex tasks like dehazing, cutouts, and noise reduction.
- It can also change the foreground and background of an image.
- You can easily edit, collage, and mix images in the app.
- Advanced healing edits are available to use without premium features.
- More style to the images can be added using Adobe Photoshop Express like borders, layouts, and backgrounds.
- Other features of this tool include fixing image embellishments, grain, crookedness, and color correction.
- It auto-fixes photos in one click.
- You can also use the caricature feature in the app.
- Adobe Photoshop Express supports multiple image formats.
- It offers several advanced filters with its free version.
- This tool supports social media and mail sharing of JPG and PNG files.
- It also helps users to add watermarks or text to their images to claim copyright.
- The user-interface of Adobe Photoshop Express is minimalist and easy.
- Experienced learning is required to use most of its features.
- The tool contains in-app purchases which are tied to its exclusive features.
- You cannot import RAW files with its free version.
- The app does not support more than 16mp.
- Adobe ID is required to use the app.
Snapseed is a suitable photo restoration app to use on an Android phone if you are looking for sophisticated and detailed photo editing on a mobile device. This photo repair app for Android is quite effective and helps users to upload and repair photos easily via their phones.
- Snapspeed offers features like masking, color contrast, and filters including Lens Blur and Retrolux.
- The app is available in about 40+ languages in different zones.
- It helps in retaining the HD quality of a photo with its non-destructive editing.
- It helps in fixing photos, removing scratches, clearing deformities, and adjusting image brightness and contrast.
- Spot healing is offered by Snapspeed which involves removing and erasing imperfections.
- Other features of Snapspeed include eye clarity, portrait mode, smoothness, and auto-edit face spotlight.
- You can also add text, stickers, frames, and borders using Snapspeed.
- Snapspeed offers more than 28 professional tools.
- You can export images in different formats like JPG and PNG using Snapspeed.
- Pre-set photo filters and auto-editing is offered by Snapspeed.
- The software does not consume much space on Android.
- Edits made in Snapspeed can be easily undone in layers.
- The tool can also import RAW files.
- The tool is not recommended for professionals.
- The tool cannot be used for business purposes.
- Advanced tools in Snapspeed have photo restrictions to work.
3. Adobe Lightroom CC
Another Adobe software that has made it to our list is Adobe Lightroom CC. This photo repair app for Android can be used by professionals and users who want to make quick pro adjustments to their photos.
- Adobe Lightroom CC is known for detailed image refining makeovers.
- Lightroom helps with basic editing features like brightness, contrast, and more.
- Lightroom offers more than 150 hand-crafted free and premium presets.
- The tool also offers step-by-step tutorials for beginners.
- It helps in easily removing background distractions and blemishes from photos with its Healing Brush Tool.
- Selective adjustments can also be made using Adobe Lightroom CC with which specific areas of the photo can be corrected.
- Batch editing is possible with Lightroom.
- Photo editing via Lightroom can be accessed on all devices.
- It also offers cloud storage and backup.
- The app is suitable for both beginners and professionals.
- It offers image management and batch processing.
- It allows non-destructive RAW file editing.
- Lightroom auto-fixes photos with one click.
- Lightroom also includes image SEO capabilities like keywords, searching, and metadata.
- Perspective correction is also offered by Lightroom.
- The free version of the app does not have access to exclusive features.
- Image layering is not offered by Lightroom.
- Intense photo editing is not provided by the tool.
The next best photo repair app for Android that you can use is Remini. Remini is an AI technology-inspired app for smartphone users that offers mind-blowing AI portraits of yourself with just one tap.
- Remini helps to correct old, blurry, and low-quality photos.
- You can easily bring your photos back to life in ultra-sharp and high definition.
- Remini uses AI technology to turn old photos into HD masterpieces.
- The tool detects facial details and reconstructs photos with sharpness and accuracy.
- Remini offers super-quick processing.
- It offers features like sharpening, enhancing, and revitalization.
- It also helps in restoring small and vintage images in a few seconds.
- You can make your images bigger up to 4096×4096 pixels.
- Remini helps with sharing your photo library to social media in seconds.
- Remini is backed by AI technology.
- The app exports images in high definition.
- The app supports image resolution correction.
- The free version of the app is only valid for a week.
- Less editing tools are offered by Remini.
- The app offers no watermarking tool.
Just like its name, Colorize helps with adding colors to your faded old photos with its intelligent software. Colorize is free old photo restoration app for smartphones that brings the charm of an old back and white photo easily.
- Colorizing helps in filling colors to a black and white photo or video.
- The app can color hundreds of old family photos in minutes.
- Colorize offers HD photo colorization.
- Video colorization is also available in the app.
- Colorize offers secure storage.
- Photo restoration feature that includes noise reduction, face restoration, and general restoration is also offered by the app.
- Users can access the dashboard of Colorize to access API documentation.
- This app is known to offer mail, social media, and SMS media transfer.
- Colorize also supports cloud savings.
- The app is built with AI technology.
- Colorize does not offer extra editing tools.
- Only black and white colorization is provided in its free version.
- Photos that cannot be opened are not repaired in Colorize.
Also Read: Which to Use Adobe Photoshop vs Illustrator?
Pikfix is old photo restoration app Android that can colorize your photo and give your old & blur photo a new look. The app has an easy-to-use interface and lets users edit their photographs with the help of AI technology.
- Pikfix helps remove scratches from photos and convert blurry photos into premium quality.
- Pikfix helps in giving your photos a new life.
- The app has a powerful photo enhancer which is extremely convenient to use.
- Pikfix makes use of artificial technology to restore your old photos.
- It is known to convert your old and faded photos into a 4K resolution photo.
- The free version of the app lets users edit 10 photos per day.
- Pikfix helps in performing basic editing very easily.
- Pikfix is useful for beginners.
- The free version of the app has all the common features needed for a good-quality photo restoration.
- The algorithm of usage of Pikfix is unusual.
- There is a limit to photos that can be edited each day with a free version.
- It only offers 4K resolution as its maximum.
The next photo repair app for Android is FixThePhoto. It is a reliable photo editor app that can enhance as well as improve your photos greatly. FixThePhoto app is run by professional re-touchers who ensure image edits the way you like. You only need to upload your picture along with the required instructions to getting a professionally edited picture in a few hours.
- FixThePhoto helps in a number of photo modifications like body slimming, hair coloring, object removal, makeup correction, and more.
- Images provided by FixThePhoto are of high quality.
- Manual work is conducted at FixThePhoto.
- Retouches at FixThePhoto include colorizing black & white pictures, restoration, improving flawed parts, removing scratches, and removing damage caused by age, water, or other factors.
- Photos can also be recreated at FixThePhoto.
- Professional results are provided by FixThePhoto.
- A free trial for the app is available.
- FixThePhoto offers a fast turnaround.
- FixThePhoto offers a wide range of services.
- This app is available for mobile phones.
- Manual editing is offered by FixThePhoto.
- AI photo editors are not used by FixThePhoto.
PhotoScan by Google is another best app to restore old photos Android that uses smart technology to revive your memories. The app helps in creating enhanced digital scans of old pictures.
- PhotoScan offers automatic edge detection, perspective correction, and smart rotation.
- The app also offers glare-free pictures.
- PhotoScan stitches multiple pictures together to remove glare to improve the quality of your scans.
- You can also back up your scans with PhotoScan to keep them safe, searchable, and organized.
- PhotoScan helps to bring scans to life with movies, filters, and advanced editing controls.
- Edge detecting technology of PhotoScan crops the image automatically.
- It also helps with organizing data, categorizing images, and sharing photos.
- PhotoScan is a free app for Android users.
- PhotoScan is a completely safe-to-use app.
Also Read: How to Remove Instagram Filter from Photo
9. Deep Nostalgia
The next free old photo restoration app is Deep Nostalgia by My Heritage. The app is popularly known to animate old family photos using artificial intelligence that manipulate images and create realistic gestures.
- The technology of Deep Nostalgia animates the faces in historical photos and creates high-quality and realistic footage.
- The gestures animated in photos using Deep Nostalgia include smile, blink, and head turns.
- The app can even animate sketches, statues, and illustrations.
- Using Deep Nostalgia, you can even build up your family tree.
- The app can also reveal ethnic origins and find your unknown relatives.
- My Heritage is also home to billions of international historical records.
- The user interface of Deep Nostalgia is extremely simple.
- Realistic results are provided by this app.
- AI technology is used in Deep Nostalgia to create animation effects.
- This app is great to bring old photos to life.
PhotosRevive is also old photo restoration app Android that can be downloaded for free on your smartphone. PhotosRevive helps in automatically colorizing your old black and white photos with the help of artificial intelligence.
- Users can directly upload photos from the library or scan them.
- AI technology of PhotosRevive helps in reviving old photos into new ones.
- PhotosRevive also includes the Photos extension feature.
- PhotosRevive is translated into 7 languages including French, German, Spanish, and more.
- The app has both, automatic and manual modes to refine photos.
- PhotosRevive is particularly great for restoring portraits.
- Features of PhotosRevive include sharpness, colors, blurriness, and quality.
- PhotosRevive provides high-definition pictures.
- The app revives pictures with AI technology in minutes.
- PhotosRevive offers realistic pictures.
- The app accurately works out with the tones and colors of the original picture.
11. Photoscape Photo Editing App
Another photo repair app for Android that you can use to edit photos is Photoscape Photo Editing App. This software is AI-based offers digital poster and video-making abilities.
- Photoscape enables users to edit photos like a pro version.
- The software is extremely professional, free-to-use, and easy.
- Features offered by Photoscape include blur effects, crop, stickers, draw, mosaic, and more such tools.
- Editing features provided by the app include resizing, brightness, white balance, color correction, text addition, and red eye removal.
- You can also add multiple photos to create a final photo.
- You can also slice a photo into several pieces using Photoscape.
- Photoscape helps in converting RAW to JPG.
- The app helps you to zoom in on images, search, and then pick a color.
- Photoscape is a free photo repair software.
- Photoscape offers top-grade optimization.
- The interface of this app is intuitive.
- Weak retouching is often encountered while using Photoscape.
- Low-quality photos are obtained.
12. AI Colorize/Old Photo Restore
AI Colorize/Old Photo Restore is also one of Best app to restore old photos Android. It is an amazing photo-restoring app that removes noise from pictures and enhances their quality. It is indeed best app to restore old photos Android by clearing the scratches, scanning them, and filling black & white photos with colors.
- AI Colorize app consists of three automatic functions including colorizing, restore, and removing scratches.
- The software of the app helps in sharpening old pictures and making the colors of a photograph look more natural.
- The app also helps in removing scratches and folds from pictures.
- The app was created using AI technology.
- AI Colorize can be used for free.
- One-click is enough to convert your old photo into a colorful one.
- The app interface is pretty simple and easy to use.
- The free version of this app has too many ads.
- The paid plan of AI Colorize is expensive.
13. Old Photo Restore & Repair OI
The next free old photo restoration app is Old Photo Restore & Repair OI which is available for Android users to download for free. The app is known to recover and restore extremely old photos into new ones.
- The app helps to restore photos that are damaged by stripes, folds, blobs, and splashes, and faded due to sunlight.
- Old Photo Restore & Repair OI helps enhance photos with good speed.
- The app also offers a free sample to users.
- It helps enhance black & white photos into colored ones.
- The app has character comics function.
- The app also offers an image lossless magnification function.
14. Photo Enhancer: EnhanceFox AI
Photo Enhancer: EnhanceFox AI is old photo restoration app Android helps to enhance pixelated, damaged, blurred photos and videos to better quality. This app is multitasking that can automatically upscale the resolution of your photo and colorize it.
- Using AI technology, Photo Enhancer helps to make photos better in HD 4K resolution.
- The app helps to unblur pictures and pixel them up.
- The app can also face restore and colorize old photos.
- Users can also enhance the ambiance and vibrance of their photos.
- Pictures are resized to 6K pixels while exporting in the app.
- The app also has a tool for photo scanning.
- It is a great tool to use face animator as well.
- Photo Enhancer can also be used for selfie enhancement.
- The app uses auto blur and photo retouch as separate tools.
- Photo Enhancer makes use of AI technology to enhance pictures.
- Photo Enhancer can be used for free.
- More features are offered only in the purchased version of the app.
- The free version of the app only offers to colorize photos involuntarily.
- Only the paid version of the app can regulate photo colors.
Also Read: 19 Best Free GIF Editors
15. Colorify – Black & White Photo
Another photo repair app for Android is Colorify – Black & White Photo for mobile phone users. As the name suggests, it is the best app to colorify your black & white photos. Colorify is an artificial intelligence photo-enhancing app that is completely free to use.
- The AI mechanism of Colorify performs all operations for app users.
- The app can be used for free with ads.
- The automatic customization of the app helps in colorization and enhancement.
- The quality of photos in Colorify app is good.
What is the Need to the Use Best App to Restore Old Photos Android?
A photo restoration tool is required for a number of reasons that can affect the quality of your old photos, including:
- Degrading of photos can occur due to exposure to light.
- Photos exposed to heat and humidity.
- Exposure of photographs to dust and debris.
- Physical damage to photos and abrasion.
- Age factor also plays a role in photo degradation.
- Due to issues with the photo when it was originally developed.
How to Use Old Photo Restoration App Android
Now that you are aware of different Android photo restoration apps that you can use to make changes to your old photographs and convert them into new ones, it is time to learn to use these apps in the simplest way possible:
- Scan Film Negatives: The first step to make your old photograph look better is by scanning your film negatives first. You can use a suitable film scanner to make digital copies of your photos. If your photos are faded, torn, creased, folded, scratched, or strained then you can easily scan them to preserve them with their digital copies.
- Save Files: Depending upon the photo restoration app of your choice, you can save scanned films to your mobile device or PC.
- Open Photograph in Photo Editing Software: Once the photos are on your Android device, upload them to the restoration software of your choice and make desired enhancements.
- How to See Who Viewed My Facebook Profile Recently
- 17 Best Apps for Identifying Trees
- 28 Best Free Photo Editing Software for PC
- 8 Best Phone Cleaner Apps for Android
We hope that our guide on best app to restore old photos Android list was thorough, helpful, and detailed enough to help you find the perfect app for you. Let us know about your thoughts, suggestions, and queries by sharing them in the comments section below.