Heard of the Spotify app? There is hardly any chance some person would have bypassed this platform, isn’t it? It is an audio streaming and media service provider app founded by Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentoz from Sweden. It houses more than 70 million songs, recorded music, and podcasts restricted with digital copyright. One of the features that make this platform an ideal choice for playing and streaming audio content is the preview feature. You just have to click on the song on the album and you can see the song with cover art. However, there are certain instances in which the feature might not work on our PC. This article will help you to fix Spotify preview song not working.
How to Fix Spotify Preview Song Not Working
We bring to you a perfect guide that will teach you how to fix Spotify preview song not working problem in detail.
You can try to check your internet connection. Make sure you have a stable internet connection. You can also try clearing the Spotify cache by following these steps:
1. Open the Spotify Desktop app.
2. Select the Spotify Settings menu by clicking on down arrow icon next to profile icon.
3. Finally, select the Clear cache option and confirm the prompt by clicking of Clear cache button again.
Why Spotify Preview Song Not Working?
The preview of the song may not be displayed on the Spotify app due to one of the following reasons.
- Missing Option: In some devices and updated versions of the app, the option to preview the song is unavailable. This is primarily due to issues in the Spotify platform.
- Unstable Internet connection: An unsteady and fluctuating Internet connection may not guarantee a proper connection to the Spotify platform and not render a proper preview display of songs.
Now that you know why Spotify Preview song not working, we can now learn the possible solutions to fix the issue.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Clearing any issue by using any simple and quick resolution is always appreciable. The section has the basic troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
1A. Ensure PC Meets the App Specification
The first and foremost check to be performed to ensure that the issue is cleared is to check if the Spotify app is compatible with the PC. You can check the device specifications on the official website. For instance, the Spotify app can be downloaded in the Windows OS of 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and 11 versions, for both 32-bit and 64-bit PCs.
Use the link given here to learn the method to check the specifications of the PC and check if the Spotify app is compatible with the PC.
1B. Restart Spotify App
Sometimes, the issue might be due to a minor unresolved glitch or pending programs. You can restart the Spotify app to resolve the bugs.
1. Using the instructions in the link given here, close all the instances of the Spotify app.
2. Click on the search bar at the bottom, type Spotify, and click on the Open option on the right pane.
1C. Restart PC
To resolve minor glitches and music streaming troubles that might have caused the issue, you can restart the PC. Read the article on the various options to reboot the PC and clear the issue.
1D. Troubleshoot Internet Connectivity
A stable and fast Internet Connection is necessary to ensure the proper operation of the Spotify app.
- The Spotify app is not much demanding in terms of network usage, but it is required to have a steady Internet connection. You can check the speed of the Internet connection using the Speedtest website and see if the upload and download speed is at least 5 Mbps.
- If the Internet connection meets the desired speed but is still a major cause of the issue, you can try fixing it. Follow the options given in the link to troubleshoot the issues in the Network connection.
Method 2: Update Spotify App
Missing features and security patches released by the Developers can result in a major issue. You can try installing the updates to get the latest features and bug fixes to fix the issue like why Spotify preview song not working.
1. Open the Spotify app as said earlier.
2. Click on the down arrow next to the profile name at the top bar.
3. Click on the Update Available option in the menu.
Note: This option gets displayed only if an update for the Spotify app is available.
4. Click on the Restart Now option to restart the Spotify app.
Method 3: Clear Cache and Cookies
The cached data help in loading the media content on the Spotify app easily. However, this can take up storage. You can clear these data to avoid security risks while loading the song preview.
1. Follow the previous instruction to launch the Spotify app.
2. Click on the down arrow on the profile name as said earlier.
3. Click on the Settings option in the menu.
4. Click on the Clear cache button in the Storage section.
5. Click on the Clear cache button on the confirmation window.
6. You can see the confirmation message of cleared cache at the bottom of the screen.
Method 4: Update Windows OS
An outdated Windows OS may be hindering the effective functioning of the Spotify app. You can try updating the Windows OS as described in the link given to fix the issue.
Method 5: Reinstall Spotify App
If none of the options work in clearing the issue, you can try reinstalling the Spotify app on your PC. This would help clear all the instances and bugs in the app.
Step I: Uninstall Spotify App
As a first step, you have to uninstall the Spotify app on your PC. Using the instructions given in the link, you can uninstall the Spotify app from your PC.
Step II: Reinstall Spotify App
The final step in this method is to reinstall the Spotify app using a web browser.
1. Open the Google Chrome app from the search bar.
2. Open the official website of Spotify and click on the Download button.
3. Double-click on the SpotifySetup.exe file downloaded at the bottom.
4. Wait till the download and installation process is complete.
5. Click on the Log in button on the welcome page.
6. Use your login credentials to log in to the Spotify app and see if the issue is cleared.
Method 6: Contact Spotify Support Team
At times, the issue might not be brought to the notice of the officials and the issue may continue to persist. In this case, you can contact the support team of the Spotify platform to request further assistance to troubleshoot the issue. Use any of the options given in the guide to contact the Spotify support team.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I see Song Preview with another song playing in the background?
Ans. No, you cannot see the song preview of the song while playing another song in the background. This is because the song gets shifted to another song as soon as you click on it.
Q2. Is song cover art similar to Song preview?
Ans. Yes, the cover art and song preview of the song on the Spotify app is similar and is placed in the background.
Q3. Is Song Preview available only on Spotify Premium?
Ans. No, the song preview option is available to all users regardless of their subscription type.
Q4. Why can I not see the song preview on the Spotify platform?
Ans. If there is no issue on your PC and the installed version of the Spotify app is in good condition, the issue might be with the Spotify platform. In this case, you can bring it to their attention by contacting the support team as explained earlier.
Q5. Is Preview limited to songs on Spotify?
Ans. No, the preview option is available for all audio content on the Spotify platform regardless of the type it is classified.
- Can You Delete Your Google Photos Account?
- How to Pay Apple Music Bill on iPhone
- What Happens If I Hide a Song on Spotify?
- Fix Spotify Canvas Not Showing
We hope that by now you know the Spotify preview song not working fixes. If you have any queries or suggestions do share them with us in the comments section to help us improve continuously.