When it comes to music, Spotify is an app that most users around the world prefer. It is not only a great music platform but it also offers other features like Spotify canvas. Spotify canvas is one of the many features of Spotify that lets users add an 8-second visual loop that shows in a vertical format to fill the screen. This feature appears in the Now Playing View option instead of your album artwork. Unfortunately, this amazing feature is not accessible by some Spotify users. If you are facing the same issue where Spotify canvas not showing problem is occurring, then today’s guide will help you in fixing it. Our guide will enlighten you about why can’t I see Spotify canvas and how to fix it as well. So, let us begin by fixing the Spotify canvas problem right away.
Table of Contents
- How to Fix Spotify Canvas Not Showing
- Why is Spotify Canvas Not Showing?
- How to Fix Spotify Canvas Not Showing on Android
- Method 1: Restart Phone
- Method 2: Verify Region Support
- Method 3: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
- Method 4: Disable Data Saver
- Method 5: Enable Canvas
- Method 6: Clear Spotify Cache and Cookies
- Method 7: Update Spotify App
- Method 8: Create a New Account
- Method 9: Reinstall Spotify App
How to Fix Spotify Canvas Not Showing
In this article, we have explained the solutions to fix Spotify canvas not showing on Android device.
Why is Spotify Canvas Not Showing?
There have been many similar reports about the Spotify canvas feature not working by users. While some can’t access the feature on the map, others are stuck with a black screen when they try to play tracks. The canvas issue can arise due to the reasons listed below:
- Temporary issues with the Spotify app.
- Internet connectivity issues
- Spotify canvas feature unsupported by the region.
- If the data saver feature is turned on.
- Outdated software of the Spotify app.
How to Fix Spotify Canvas Not Showing on Android
If you are having a problem using the canvas feature on your Android phone then we have gathered some useful methods for you that will help you fix the canvas feature missing on Spotify.
Method 1: Restart Phone
The first method involved in fixing the Spotify canvas feature not available problem is to restart your device. Restarting your mobile phone will help you to reload Spotify resources and fix temporary issues that may occur during the app’s use. You can restart your Android phone with the help of our guide on How to Restart or Reboot Your Android Phone?
Method 2: Verify Region Support
The Spotify canvas feature missing is a problem that you may face if your region does not support it. The canvas feature on Spotify is available only in a few regions across the world including Africa, Europe, Asia, North America, South America, Oceania, and others. In case you reside in the countries listed below, the canvas feature will not be available for you:
- Saudia Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
Also Read: Fix No Sound on Spotify on Android
Method 3: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Even an unstable and weak internet connection can lead to Spotify canvas not showing. Poor network issues can stop you from accessing the canvas feature so you do need high-speed internet or Wi-Fi to fix this problem. If your connection is weak, you can check our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone.
Method 4: Disable Data Saver
Spotify also has a data saver mode feature that enables users to limit the application’s data usage when they are using cellular data. However, this mode also disables other features like high-quantity streaming, canvas, and cellular download. Therefore, if you are wondering why can’t I see Spotify canvas, make sure the data saver mode is turned off by following the steps below:
1. Tap on the Spotify app icon on your device to open it.
2. Now, tap on the Settings gear icon on the screen.
3. Locate the Data Saver option and tap on it to open.
4. Finally, toggle off the Data Saver option.
Also Read: How to Fix Spotify Code 4 Connection Error in Windows 10
Method 5: Enable Canvas
In order to fix Spotify canvas not showing Android, you must make sure that the feature is enabled on your device. You can turn on the canvas feature by following the steps below:
1. Tap on the Spotify app on your Android phone and open its Settings.
2. Scroll down and find the Canvas option in Settings.
3. Now, make sure to toggle on Canvas and restart the app.
Method 6: Clear Spotify Cache and Cookies
Clearing Spotify cache and cookies is important to fix the Spotify canvas feature missing. The cache and cookies of the app can become corrupt with time and therefore need to be cleared in order to get the canvas feature operating. To clear the cache and cookies of Spotify, follow the steps below:
1. Tap on the Spotify application icon to open its Settings.
2. Scroll down in the Settings and tap on Clear cache in it.
3. Finally, tap on Clear cache to complete the process.
Also Read: Fix Spotify Error Code 17 on Windows 10
Method 7: Update Spotify App
You can also try updating the Spotify app to fix Spotify canvas not showing. An outdated version of the app can interfere with the canvas feature on your device. Therefore, you must install the latest version of the app by following the steps given below:
1. Tap on the Play Store icon on your Android phone screen.
2. In the search bar, search for the Spotify app and tap on the Update option.
3. Once the app has been updated, tap on the Open button to launch it and check if you can now access the Spotify canvas feature.
Method 8: Create a New Account
Another reason behind the Spotify canvas feature missing can be the testing of the canvas feature. This testing is a part of the server-side change which can only be fixed by professionals. Therefore, you cannot bring this feature to your current account if this issue persists. So, if you want this feature immediately, you can create a new account to access it.
Also Read: How to Get Rid of Ads on Spotify Without Premium
Method 9: Reinstall Spotify App
Finally, if you are unable to fix Spotify canvas not showing even after performing all the above-mentioned methods then try to reinstall the Spotify app on your device to fix the issue. This will help you to clean install files of the Spotify app on your phone as well.
1. Tap and long-press the Spotify app icon on your device.
2. Then, tap on the Uninstall option on the screen.
3. Next, tap on the Play Store app icon on your phone.
4. Search Spotify in the search bar and tap on the Install button.
Once the app has been installed, launch it and access the canvas feature to check if it is working fine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why am I unable to see Spotify canvas?
Ans. If you are unable to access the Spotify canvas feature, it might be due to the older version of the app.
Q2. Is the canvas feature removed from Spotify?
Ans. No, the canvas feature is still available on the Spotify app in only a few regions across the world.
Q3. Is Spotify Canvas available in India?
Ans. Spotify canvas is not available in India.
Q4. Is the Spotify canvas feature available for everyone?
Ans. Yes, the Spotify canvas feature is available for everyone with admin or editor access in Spotify for Artists.
Q5. In which version of the Spotify, canvas feature is available?
Ans. Spotify is available for iPhones with iOS 12 or above and for Android phones with Version 6.0, 7.0, or 8.0 or above.
- How to Join Discord Server Without Link on Mobile
- How to Find and View Contacts on Instagram
- 11 Ways to Fix Spotify Randomly Skipping Songs
- Can You See Your Current Spotify Stats?
This brings us to the end of our guide on Spotify canvas not showing. We hope that we were able to answer all your queries in the doc above including why can’t I see Spotify canvas. If you have any other questions to ask or suggestions to give then feel free to drop your comments below.