Do you have a favorite artist or playlist that you enjoy listening to on Spotify, but suddenly you can’t hear any sound? If you’re experiencing can’t hear Spotify Android, you’re not alone. This is a common issue that many Spotify users have encountered. Fortunately, you can take a few simple steps to troubleshoot the issue and get your sound back. When it comes to Spotify, sound can be tricky to troubleshoot. If you’re experiencing no sound on Spotify, it could be because of a variety of reasons, such as a faulty connection, an outdated version of the app, or a problem with your device’s audio settings. No matter the cause, it can be incredibly frustrating when you’re unable to listen to your favorite tunes. In this article, we’ll walk you through some of the common causes of Spotify sound not working and provide you with a few simple steps to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue. We’ll also give you a few tips to help you prevent the problem from occurring in the future. So, if you’re having trouble hearing sound on Spotify, read on to learn how to solve the issue.
Table of Contents
How to Fix No Sound on Spotify on Android
Here we have shown the troubleshooting methods to solve no sound on Spotify error on your Android device.
What Causes Can’t Hear Spotify Android?
There are times when Spotify cannot play sound or be unresponsive on Android devices leading to audio issues. This can be extremely frustrating for users who rely on the application for their music streaming needs. So, what causes Spotify sound not to work?
- First and foremost, server outages can cause Spotify audio issues.
- If the device is connected to a poor or weak Wi-Fi network or is connected to a mobile data network with poor coverage, then the device may experience issues.
- If the device is running an old or outdated version of Android, then the device may be unable to properly handle all of the functions of the Spotify application.
- Spotify may not be given appropriate permissions when trying to load on Android.
- Spotify can also cannot deliver audio if the cache in the application is corrupt.
- Outdated versions of the Spotify app can also cause Spotify playing but no sound.
- The SD card may not be able to handle the amount of data that is being requested by the Spotify application.
Solutions to Fix No Sound on Spotify Android
When experiencing no sound on Spotify issue, you should try to troubleshoot the issue by addressing the potential causes mentioned above. Firstly, follow the below-mentioned basic troubleshooting methods and check if it works for you to solve can’t hear Spotify Android problem. Before that, check if you have the correct volume controls on your device.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Therefore, always ensure the correct settings before changing any. The said steps were performed on Motorola Edge 30.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Before going through the advanced methods, let us proceed with some of basic troubleshooting methods as shown below.
1A. Restart Phone
Restarting your phone can help fix no sound on Spotify because it refreshes the system, clears the cache, and refreshes the network connection. This process helps to fix any software or network issues that might be causing the sound to not work. Check our guide to reboot Android device. Be patient until your device gets restarted and check if you were able to fix the Spotify sound not working issue or not.
1B. Troubleshoot Network Connection
Checking the network connection can help fix can’t hear Spotify Android because it is necessary to have a stable internet connection in order to stream music on the platform. If the internet connection is weak or inconsistent, it can cause the audio to stutter or not play at all. You can establish a fresh connection by restarting your Internet Router or Modem. You can also boost your network speed by following our guide How to Boost Internet Speed on Your Android Phone.
1C. Disable Battery Saving Mode
Disabling battery saver mode helps fix no sound Spotify because this mode can restrict access to certain services, such as sound output, to save battery power. By disabling battery saver mode, Spotify is allowed to access the necessary audio output resources, such as the speaker or headphones. This means that the sound output is no longer restricted, ensuring that Spotify will be able to output sound as it should.
1. Pull up your home screen to launch the Notification drawer.
2. Ensure the Battery saver setting is not turned on. If so, tap on the setting to disable the setting.
1D. Enable Background Data
Enabling background data helps fix no sound on Spotify because it allows the app to run in the background. This means that the app will have access to the device’s data connection, which allows it to stream audio content. If background data is disabled, then the app will not have access to the data connection, meaning that it cannot stream audio. By enabling background data, the app will be able to access the data connection, allowing it to stream audio, thereby fixing the no sound issue.
1. Tap on the Settings app.
2. Then, tap on Apps.
3. Next, tap on Manage apps followed by Spotify.
4. Now, tap on Restrict data usage.
5. Select all three options under Restrict data usage menu and tap OK.
Now, your device can connect to the network even if battery saver mode is on. This will fix the discussed Spotify audio issue.
1E. Wait for Spotify Server Uptime
Checking server status helps to fix no sound issue on Spotify as it can identify any server issues that may be causing the sound to not work. There are a few different ways to check the Spotify server status. The most straightforward way is to use a service like Downdetector, which will provide you with a real-time look at whether or not the server is up and running.
1. Browse the official website of Downdetector on your smartphone.
2. Tap on the magnifying glass option at the top right corner.
3. Type Spotify to see all the issues being faced by the app at the moment.
If no issues are being specified, it means that the server is perfectly fine and you need to try other mentioned methods in the article.
1F. Restart Spotify
Restarting Spotify can help fix the no-sound issue as it refreshes the application. This improves the connection between the app and the device, allowing it to receive audio signals. Additionally, restarting Spotify can kick-start any processes that were stuck, and allow it to function properly.
1. Launch the Spotify application on your device.
2. Next, tap on the settings gear icon.
3. Scroll down to the end and tap on the Log out option.
4. Once done, relaunch the Spotify app on your device.
5. Enter your credentials to log in to your Spotify account and check if Spotify is working fine without Spotify app no sound Android issues.
1G. Update Android Operating System
Updating the Android operating system on your device helps to ensure that you are running the latest software version, which can help to fix any sound issues on Spotify. New updates may contain updated drivers for audio, bug fixes for existing issues, and improved compatibility with Spotify. This 3 Ways to Check for Updates on your Android Phone guide will discuss why there is a need to update the Android OS in order to fix the problem.
After updating Android OS, check if you can fix the discussed Spotify no audio issue.
1H. Disable VPN Services
A VPN can sometimes interfere with the application’s ability to access the internet and stream sound properly, causing the no sound issue. By disabling the VPN, Spotify can access the necessary resources without any interference, allowing the streaming service to play songs with sound as intended.
1. Tap on the Settings app icon on your Android phone.
2. Now, select Other networks & connections.
3. Then, tap on VPN in it.
4. Open the VPN service.
5. Finally, Disable or Delete VPN profile in it.
Check if this fixes can’t hear Spotify Android issue.
1I. Remove and Reinsert Your SD Card
The SD card contains the necessary audio files for Spotify to access and play. If the card is not properly connected, the audio files may not be accessible and the app may not be able to play any sound. Reinserting the SD card ensures that the audio files are properly connected and accessible, allowing the app to play sound properly.
1. First, you need to remove the card from your device. This can usually be done by pressing down on the card until it pops out.
2. Once it is removed, you should check the card for any signs of damage or wear and tear.
3. If there are no signs of damage, you can reinsert the card back into your device and it should work properly.
Method 2: Restart Spotify App
Force stopping Spotify helps fix no sound issue on Spotify by resetting the app and clearing any temporary data or corrupted files that may be causing the problem. This also allows the app to reload the necessary audio files necessary to play the music, which may have become corrupted or outdated. In addition, it can help to reset the audio settings, ensuring that the correct device is used for playback and that the correct volume levels are set.
1. Navigate to Settings as you did before.
2. Then, tap on Apps.
3. Next, on Manage apps followed by Spotify.
4. Here, tap on Force stop.
5. Finally, tap on OK to confirm the prompt as depicted.
Also Read: Fix Spotify Duo Not Working
Method 3: Update Spotify App
Updating Spotify can help fix a no sound issue on Spotify because it ensures that the latest version of the application is installed and running optimally. This can help prevent outdated software from potentially causing an issue with the sound output. Additionally, updating Spotify can also help improve system stability and performance, which can also help improve sound quality and solve can’t hear Spotify Android issue.
1. Open Google Play Store and type Spotify in the search box.
2. Tap on the app’s name followed by the Update option to install the latest Spotify app version on your device.
Note: If the auto-update option is on in your device, then you may not get the Update option. Instead, you will only get Uninstall and Open displayed on your screen.
Method 4: Clear Spotify Storage & Cache
Clearing Spotify storage and cache helps fix no sound on Spotify because this helps remove any faulty data that may have been stored on the app. This data can cause conflicts with the app and lead to audio issues. Additionally, clearing the cache can help free up memory on the device which can be used to run the Spotify app more efficiently. Also, it can help with any temporary files that have been created that may be conflicting with the app’s audio.
1. Go to Settings and tap on Apps.
2. Next, tap on See all apps and find Spotify in the list.
3. Next, tap on Storage & cache.
4. Finally, finish the process by tapping on Clear storage.
5. Tap on Clear cache and remove all the junk from your smartphone.
Check if can’t hear Spotify Android error persists or not.
Method 5: Free Space in Android
Clearing Android space helps fix no sound issue on Spotify because it can remove unnecessary data stored on the device that can be causing conflicts in the background. If there is no room left for new updates, you will face Spotify playing but no sound Android issues, check the rarely or unused applications on Android and delete the apps via Google Play Store or phone storage. If you have a bulk of files and folders under a single folder, you can either change the file locations. By doing this, you can reduce the space consumed under the single folder which helps to improve phone performance. You can also free phone space by following our guide on how to free up and manage your Phone storage .
Method 6: Log in Using a Different Device
Logging into a different device can help to fix a no sound issue on Spotify as the new device may have more up-to-date software updates and drivers, which can help to ensure that the sound is functioning properly. Additionally, logging in on a different device can help to reset any settings that may have been altered or changed, which can also help to fix any sound issues. Additionally, a different device may have different sound capabilities and settings that can help to ensure that the sound from Spotify is functioning properly.
1. Head over to the official Spotify website on your laptop and click on Log In at the top right corner.
2. Enter your Email address or username and Password to access your Spotify account.
Now, check if you can fix Spotify sound not working.
Method 7: Reinstall Spotify
Reinstalling Spotify can help fix Spotify playing but no sound issue because it may be caused by corrupted files. When you reinstall the app, the old corrupted files are deleted and replaced with working files. This can help resolve any conflicts between the app and your device’s operating system, which can often be the cause of no sound issues.
1. Open Google Play Store and search Spotify.
2. Tap on Uninstall and wait till the process is finished.
3. Next, tap on Install and try logging in to your account.
Method 8: Contact Spotify Customer Support
Contacting Spotify Support helps fix no sound issue on Spotify because they can help diagnose the problem and provide helpful advice. They are knowledgeable and experienced in troubleshooting software and audio issues, so they can quickly identify the root cause and provide a solution. Additionally, they can provide step-by-step instructions on how to resolve the issue. If the problem persists, they may even be able to provide a refund or a replacement. In any case, contacting Spotify Support is the best way to get help for no sound issue on Spotify.
- Top 20 Best Free Equalizer for Windows 10
- Fix Spotify Error Code 17 on Windows 10
- How to Clear Spotify Cache in Windows 10
- Is Spotify Premium Worth It?
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you have learned to fix no sound on Spotify on your device. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know which topic you want us to explore next.