Listening to music is not just an easy way to pass your time but also a decent way to refresh your mind. To all those who listen to music for this, love to have a seamless experience when they listen to music and use different apps such as Spotify to make their listening-to-song experience worthwhile. But life has its plan and you may still experience the error. But when an error or problem comes there are solutions and fixes to resolve the error. So, if you are experiencing Spotify something went wrong Android then you do not have to worry because we have provided you the fixes to resolve the error. Keep reading to know about the fixes.
How to Fix Spotify Something Went Wrong Error on Android
Before we begin with the fixes let us understand the causes. The causes for it are listed below-
- Spotify bugs.
- Corrupt/Missing application file.
- Incompatible web browser.
- Issues due to VPN.
- Poor internet connection.
- Outdated Spotify app.
- Cache files.
Since, we know now what are the causes for Spotify oops something went wrong error on Android we can begin with the ways to fix the error.
Some common methods that you can try before you perform the advanced and time-consuming methods are listed below-
- Check that your Android is connected to internet.
- Restart Spotify.
Method 1: Wait for Spotify Server Uptime
Before you begin with any advanced methods, please check the Spotify Status. If it is down then all your efforts and precious time will get wasted. And if it is down, please wait for some time till the error gets fixed from the Spotify side.
Method 2: Re-login to Spotify
Note: The methods listed in the android option were performed on Samsung Galaxy S21 5G. Methods may vary if you use different Android version.
Another simple method that you can do the fix Spotify oops something went wrong error on Android. Follow the steps listed below to solve Spotify something went wrong login error on Android.
1. Launch the Spotify app on your device.
2. Tap on the gear-shaped icon.
3. Scroll down and tap on the Log out option.
4. Relaunch the Spotify app.
5. Tap on the continue with phone number/continue with google/continue with Facebook/log in option as per your convenience.
6. Enter the details if asked.
Also Read: How to Clear Queue in Spotify?
Method 3: Clear Cache Data
Another method to fix Spotify something went wrong Android is to clear cache data.
Option I: Clear Spotify App Cache
Follow the steps to clear the Spotify Cache which are listed below-
1. Go to Spotify app Settings.
2. Scroll down and tap on the Clear cache option.
3. Now, tap on the Clear cache option.
Option II: Clear Android Device Cache
Another way to fix Spotify something went wrong Android is to clear Cache on Android. You can follow the steps provided in the link on How to Clear Cache on Android Phone.
Also Read: How to Remove Device from Spotify Connect
Method 4: Enable Private Session Mode
To enable the Private session mode follow the steps listed below-
1. Navigate to Spotify app Settings.
2. Scroll down and toggle on the Private session option if it is toggled off.
Also Read: Fix Spotify Wrapped Not Working
Method 5: Update Spotify App
Another way to fix the error is to update the Spotify app. Follow the methods to update the Spotify app to solve Spotify something went wrong login error on Android.
1. Launch the Play Store app on your device.
2. Search for the Spotify app and tap on the Update option.
Note: The picture illustrated below has an updated version of the app so the option to update is not given and the image Open option. If your device also shows the same option, then please move on to other options.
Method 6: Reinstall Spotify App
Follow the steps listed below to reinstall the Spotify app.
1. Tap and hold the Spotify app icon. After that, tap on the Uninstall option.
2. Tap the Play Store app on your smartphone.
3. Search Spotify and tap on the Install option.
Also Read: How to Fix Spotify Search Not Working
Method 7: Contact Spotify Support Page
If the above-mentioned methods were unable to fix Spotify oops something went wrong error on Android then please contact the Spotify Support Page.
You can try to re-login To Spotify by following the methods listed above. If still unable to login to Spotify with the correct password then we have provided the fix can’t log in to Spotify with correct password to solve Spotify something went wrong login error on Android.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is there something wrong with Spotify?
Ans. If the server is down then you can refer to the method listed above.
Q2. Why is my Spotify suddenly not working?
Ans. There are various reasons for the Spotify suddenly not working. Refer to the article above to know the causes.
Q3. How do I clear Spotify cache?
Ans. To clear the Spotify cache refer to the article above.
Q4. Can I delete and reinstall Spotify?
Ans. Yes, you can uninstall the Spotify app and then reinstall it. We have listed the steps to perform the same in this article itself.
- 12 Ways to Fix Google Chrome High CPU and Memory Usage on PC
- What is Samsung Driving Mode?
- How to Download Spotify Songs without Premium
- How to Remove Device from Spotify Connect
We hope this article was helpful and you were able to fix Spotify Something Went Wrong on Android error. If you still have any questions, then feel free to ask them in the comment section below.