Pokémon Go is one of the best reality games which can be downloaded in the Play Store for free. Although it was released in 2016, within a short span, the game developer has gained more than 4 billion USD with more than a billion downloads. This proves the familiarity of the game and the game is very simple. You have to catch as many Pokémon in different zones of your area, which is very interesting. Yet, sometimes you may face Pokémon Go error 26 due to network issues or server problems. When you face this error, you will be kicked out of the game for no reason. This happens when you spot a rare Pokémon and try to catch it. But, don’t worry! You can fix this issue with the troubleshooting methods discussed in this guide. But, you must learn what are all the factors that cause the problem.
- How to Fix Pokémon Go Error 26 on Android
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Delete Conflicting Pokémon
- Method 3: Force Quit Pokémon Go
- Method 4: Use Correct Time Zone
- Method 5: Change Device Location
- Method 6: Delete Pokémon Go App Cache
- Method 7: Update Pokémon Go App
- Method 8: Update Android OS
- Method 9: Choose IPv4/IPv6 APN Roaming Protocol
- Method 10: Reset Network Settings
- Method 11: Reinstall Pokémon Go
- Method 12: Contact Pokémon Go Support
How to Fix Pokémon Go Error 26 on Android
After a thorough analysis, we have gathered some reasons that cause error 26 Pokémon Go on Android. Go through them and hence you will get an idea of the same.
- There is a delay between your phone and the server. This triggers desynchronization issues
- Corrupt game cache
- GPS or location access is not turned on on your device
- The network connection is not stable
- Time zone is different or not correct
- Your Pokémon Go app is outdated
- Outdated Android OS
- Location ban
- Glitches in-game setup file that can only be fixed when you reinstall the game
Here are some effective troubleshooting methods that will help you fix the discussed problem. Follow them in the same order to attain the best outcomes.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any. The said steps were performed on the Redmi phone.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
1. Reboot Android Device
Restarting Android will fix all the temporary corrupt problems in your device. This also includes error 26 Pokémon Go. There are two methods to do this. You can either restart directly or turn off the device and turn it on later as instructed below.
1. Press and hold the Power button on the side of your mobile.
2. Now, tap the Reboot option on the screen.
3. Wait until the phone restarts and check if you were able to fix Error 26 or not.
2. Turn on Location
This is the basic step when you play location-based games. You may accidentally disable your device and thus you may face some internet connection issues causing error 26. There is a simple hack to turn on the location on your device.
1. Scroll down to the Notification panel of your Android.
2. Now, tap on Location as shown.
3. Now, press and hold the Location icon to open its settings.
4. Then, tap the Google Location Accuracy option as shown.
5. Now, toggle on Improve Location Accuracy option as depicted.
Once you have turned on location accuracy in your Android mobile, check if you have fixed error 26 on Pokémon Go.
3. Turn Off Battery Saving Mode
The battery saver option in your Android when enabled will abort some operations of apps, programs, services, sensors, etc. If you have a low battery, and then enabled this feature, it’s fine. But, if you have mistakenly turned on this feature, you have to disable it completely to fix error 26 on your Android.
1. Pull down the Notification drawer on your Android device.
2. Now, check if the Battery saver setting is turned off. If it is turned on, tap on it to turn it off.
Once you have ensured the battery saver option is turned off, check if error code 26 Pokémon Go is fixed or not.
Also Read: How to Fix Fitbit Not Syncing Issue
4. Ensure Network Connectivity
This is the most common reason that causes error 26 Pokémon Go issues. If you do not have a stable internet connection, you will face several error codes within the game, since it is a data-dependent game. Go to your browser and check if you get any results for any search criteria. If not, then you have to check if the data connection is turned on as instructed below.
1. Tap the Settings icon on Home Screen.
2. Now, tap the SIM cards & mobile networks option as shown.
3. Now, ensure the Mobile data option is turned on as shown.
4. If you are out of your country or network coverage (using a roaming network), tap Advanced settings as depicted.
Note: The carrier will charge you free after you turn on international data roaming.
5. Then, tap the box next to International roaming and set the option to Always as shown.
6. Then, tap on Data roaming.
7. Then, tap Turn on to confirm the prompt.
Now, check if you were able to fix Pokémon error 26. If not, follow the below-mentioned methods.
5. Enable Background Data
In addition to mobile data, you must toggle on background data usage to ensure your Android makes use of mobile data even in data-saver mode. Here are a few instructions to do the same. Follow as demonstrated to fix error 26 Pokémon Go.
1. Go to the Settings app as you did earlier.
2. Now, tap on Apps.
3. Then, tap on Manage apps followed by Pokémon Go as shown.
4. Then, tap on Restricted data usage.
5. Now, make sure you have selected Wi-Fi and Mobile data (SIM 1) and Mobile data (SIM 2) if applicable. Then tap OK.
Now, your android makes complete access to mobile data even when it is in data saver mode. Check if you can fix error code 26 on Pokémon Go if it is caused due to background data consumption problems.
Method 2: Delete Conflicting Pokémon
When you find any lag between the server and your Android device, before your restart your device, you must delete the conflicting Pokémon that is causing error 26 Pokémon Go
Follow the below-listed instructions to do the same.
1. Launch Pokémon Go and tap on the Pokémon button as shown.
2. Now, tap again on POKÉMON.
3. Now, choose the most recent Pokémon that is causing the problem.
Note: You can find the most recent Pokémon by referring to the CAUGHT IN THE WILD section which shows you the date.
4. Tap on the Menu icon as depicted below.
5. Now, tap the TRANSFER option as highlighted.
6. Then, tap on YES to confirm the prompt.
Note: If you transfer the Pokémon, it will be deleted permanently, but you get some rewards in turn. Whenever you transfer the Pokémon, you will get Stardust and Candy. They are necessarily important to power up and evolve Pokémon.
Method 3: Force Quit Pokémon Go
Closing Pokémon Go is completely different from force closing it. Force closing Pokémon Go will close all of its background processes and you have to start it out from scratch the next time when you launch the game again. The misbehaving error 26 Pokémon Go can be resolved immediately and below are a few instructions to force close the Pokémon Go application.
1. Launch the Settings app as you did before.
2. Now, tap on Apps.
3. Then, tap on Manage apps and then Pokémon Go as shown.
4. Then, tap on the Force stop option at the bottom left corner of the screen as shown.
5. Finally, tap on OK (if any).
Now, relaunch the app and check if you can fix error 26 on Pokémon Go or not.
Method 4: Use Correct Time Zone
If you have not configured your mobile to a single time zone, it keeps on varying when you move. Android manually assigning time zone causes several issues including error 26. To fix this problem, you have to change the date and time settings to Automatic Time Zone or you can also change your settings to the network provider’s time zone. Follow as instructed below.
1. Go to Settings on phone by tapping the gear icon as shown.
2. Now, scroll down the Settings screen and tap Additional settings as shown.
3. Then, tap the Date and time as shown.
4. Now, toggle on Use network-provided time zone as shown.
Once you have synced your time zone with the network provider’s time zone, check if you have fixed the error code 26 in Pokémon Go.
Also Read: How to Change Location in Pokémon Go?
Method 5: Change Device Location
If you notice Pokémon Go error 26 pops up after switching to a new location, you must check if your location is geographically restricted or not. Make a note that Pokémon Go is limited to certain areas and locations. To fix these location problems, you can try using a VPN ( Virtual Private Network).
Using a VPN network will hide your geographic details and enables you to send and receive data packets across public networks. Thus you may use your network anonymously while hiding your network identity. If you are confused about how to select an apt VPN network, have a look at our guide, Top 9 Best Free Unlimited VPN for Android.
You may also try changing location in Pokémon Go by following our guide How to Change Location in Pokémon Go? Follow the instructions as listed here and you can fix error code 26 on your Android.
Method 6: Delete Pokémon Go App Cache
Cache in your games improves performance, yet when they are corrupt over days, you may face error 26 Pokémon Go. To resolve the problem, you are advised to clear all the app cache from time to time (clear at least 60 days) as instructed below.
1. Navigate to the home screen and tap the Settings app as shown.
2. Now, tap on Apps.
3. Now, tap on Manage apps followed by Pokémon GO as shown.
4. Now, tap on the Storage option as depicted.
5. Then, tap Clear cache as depicted.
Note: You can also tap Clear all data if you want all data to be deleted in Pokémon Go.
6. Now, tap the Clear data option as depicted.
Finally, check if you can fix Pokémon Go error 24 is fixed now.
Method 7: Update Pokémon Go App
Pokémon Go should be updated periodically to install new technologies and features within the app and maintain the application without any bugs. You can update your Pokémon Go app and check if you can fix the error code 24. Here are a few instructions to update Pokémon Go on your Android.
1. Navigate to the Home Screen and tap Play Store.
2. Now, search Pokémon Go as depicted.
3A. If an update is available, tap the Update option.
3B. If your app is already updated, you will see only the Open and Uninstall options. Now, skip to the next troubleshooting method to fix the problem.
4. Wait until your app gets updated and check if you can fix Pokémon Go error 26 now.
Method 8: Update Android OS
You can fix error 26 Pokémon by updating your Android device. Your Android phone automatically updates itself either by using your mobile data or Wi-Fi network. To fix all the gaming issues, bugs, and errors in your Android device, you have to update your Android as instructed in our guide 3 Ways to Check for Updates on your Android Phone.
Once you have updated your Android OS, check if you can fix the error code 26 is fixed now or not.
Method 9: Choose IPv4/IPv6 APN Roaming Protocol
If all the above-listed methods do not help you resolve Pokémon Go error 26, you can change Access Point Names to tweak internet settings. Here are a few instructions to change your APN settings to IPv4/IPv6 APN Roaming Protocol.
1. Close all the background applications on Android.
2. Now, go to Settings.
3. Then, tap the SIM cards & mobile networks option.
4. Here, select the SIM from which you are using mobile data.
5. Then, tap on Access point names.
6. Now, tap on the arrow symbol next to the Internet.
7. In the Edit access point screen, scroll down and tap on APN protocol.
8. Then, choose IPv4/IPv6 as depicted and save the changes.
Note: Your network connection may be disabled temporarily. Wait until the data connection is back and try connecting to Pokémon Go again. This time, you will not face any issues.
9. Repeat the same for APN roaming protocol as well.
Method 10: Reset Network Settings
Before reinstalling the game, you can try a big gun of resetting your network settings. As instructed earlier, Pokémon Go error 26 is caused by many reasons like inadequate network connection, slow network, incompatible satellite reception, etc. Resetting the network settings will help you fix all these problems along with error code 26. Follow the below-listed instructions to reset network settings.
Finally, it is time to pull out the big guns. As mentioned earlier, the Pokémon GO GPS signal not found error can be caused by multiple reasons like poor network connectivity, slow internet, bad satellite reception, etc. All these problems can be resolved by resetting the network settings on your phone. Follow the steps given below to learn how:
1. Open Settings on your Android.
2. Now, tap Connection & sharing as depicted.
3. Scroll down the screen and tap on Reset Wi-Fi, mobile networks, and Bluetooth as shown.
4. Then, select the SIM card you want to reset and tap Reset settings as depicted.
5. Confirm the prompt if any and wait until the settings are restored.
Method 11: Reinstall Pokémon Go
Most probably, you will get a fix for Pokémon Go error 26 by following the above-mentioned methods. If not, you have to uninstall the app and reinstall the same after restarting your device. Here are a few instructions to reinstall Pokémon Go.
1. Go to Play Store as you did earlier, and search Pokémon Go.
2. Now, tap Uninstall as shown.
3. Wait until the app is completely uninstalled from your Android. Then, again search for Pokémon Go and tap Install.
4. Once, your app has been installed on your device, tap Play as depicted.
5. Finally, restore your data and check if you can fix error 26 in your Android or not.
Method 12: Contact Pokémon Go Support
If none of the above-discussed methods helped you fix error 26 on Pokémon Goon Android, then you need to turn to the official Pokémon Go team for help.
Thus, you can report error 26 in Pokémon Go with the help of the troubleshooting guide as listed on the official site.
1. In the map view page, tap the Main Menu icon.
2. Then, tap Settings as shown.
3. Then, tap on the Help icon as shown.
4. Now, tap Troubleshooting as shown.
5. Now, reach out to the section where you get the troubleshooting ideas to fix error 26 in Pokémon Go. Mostly, all the troubleshooting steps given in the article will be covered, still, if there are any additional methods, implement them and check if they work or not.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Why my Pokémon Go is not working?
Ans. Your Pokémon Go will not work if you have a corrupt game cache when GPS or location access is not turned on your device, a network connection is not stable, the time zone is different or not correct, your Pokémon Go app is outdated, and when your Android is outdated.
Q2. How do you clear Pokémon Go cache?
Ans. To clear Pokémon Go cache follow the instruction as stated in the above Method 6.
- Fix SearchUI.exe Suspended Error on Windows 10
- Top 20 Best Free Anonymous Chat Apps
- Fix Google Play Authentication is Required Error on Android
- Fix Pokémon Go Adventure Sync Not Working on Android
We hope that this guide was helpful and that you have learned how to fix Pokémon Go error 26 on your Android device. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know which topic you want us to explore next.