Google Play Store is the most reliable and safe destination to get all Android games, apps, or books. You can download and install desired applications for free or for a set price. But, sometimes, users face authentication errors that prevent them from installing applications on their phones. Read this guide for solutions to fix Google Play authentication is required, you need to sign into Google account issue.
How to Fix Google Play Authentication is Required Error on Android
Some of the reasons why this error would occur on your Android device are listed below:
- Unsynced Google account
- Restricted data usage for the Play Store app
- Enabled purchase authentication in the Play Store app
- Corrupt Play Store app cache or update
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. These steps were performed on MIUI 11 based Xiaomi phone, as shown in the illustrations below.
Below are the methods listed for you to follow to authenticate your Google Play account on your phone and fix authentication issues altogether.
Method 1: Force Stop Google Play Store
The very first solution to fix the authentication is required you need to sign in Google account error is to force stop the target application. In this case, you can force stop the Play Store application with the help of the steps mentioned below.
Note: Force-stopping the Play Store application will not delete any of your Google account data.
1. Open the Settings application on your Android device.
2. Swipe down and tap on Apps from the list, as shown below.
3. Tap on Manage apps > Google Play Store.
4. In the Google Play Store App info screen, tap on Force stop from the bottom of the screen, as depicted.
5. Tap on OK to confirm the popup.
Reopen the Play Store app to see if the said issue is fixed or not.
Method 2: Resync Google Account
When the Google account is not synced with the phone settings, you can face the Google Play authentication is required error often. Let us see the steps to manually sync your Google account from the phone settings.
1. Launch the Settings app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Account & sync option from the bottom of the menu list.
3. Tap on Google, as depicted below.
4. Choose and tap on the desired Google account from the available ones.
5. Tap on the More icon from the bottom, as shown.
6.. Tap on the Sync now option.
7. After the account is synced, launch the Play Store app and see if you are still facing the issue or not.
Method 3: Disable Restrict Data Usage
The data restriction for the Play Store app may instigate the discussed error on your Android device. Often the data saver mode causes this. To know how to authenticate your google play account by disabling data restrictions for Play Store, follow the upcoming steps.
1. Reach the Google Play Store App info screen, as discussed in Method 1.
2. Tap on the Restrict data usage option, as shown below.
3. Tick off the Mobile data or Wi-Fi option from the popup and tap on OK.
The data usage will now be unrestricted and the error may disappear from the Play Store app on your device this time.
Method 4: Disable Play Store Purchase Authentication
If you have enabled the authentication for the Play Store purchases, there is a certain chance you will see the Google Play authentication is required issue on the Play Store app. Read and follow the steps below to disable the purchase authentication option on the Play Store app.
1. Open the Play Store app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the top right corner, as shown below.
3. Tap on the Settings option.
4. Tap on the Authentication drop-down option.
5. Tap on Require authentication for purchases.
6. Select the Never field, as shown below.
7. Enter the Google password to confirm the process and tap on OK.
Also Read: How to Fix Server Error in Google Play Store
Method 5: Clear Play Store Cache
You can also get rid of the error in question by clearing the cache and data of the Play Store from the phone settings.
1. Open the Settings app and Play Store App info menu.
2. Tap on the Clear data option from the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on Clear cache and Clear all data options and confirm the popups one by one.
4. Relaunch the Play Store app to see if the issue is fixed or not.
Method 6: Uninstall Play Store Updates
If clearing data and cache hasn’t worked for you to solve the discussed issue, try the below steps demonstrating the method to uninstall the Play Store app updates.
1. Open the Settings app and navigate to the Play Store App info menu, as demonstrated earlier.
2. Tap on Uninstall updates option, as shown below.
3. Confirm the prompt by tapping on OK.
Also Read: Fix Play Store DF-DFERH-01 Error
Method 7: Re-Add Google Account
You may have to remove and add your Google account again on your phone to resolve Google Play authentication is required error if the earlier steps didn’t help. Below are the steps explaining how you can remove and add your Google account.
1. Reach the Account sync screen, as explained before.
2. Tap on the More icon > Remove account.
3. From the Account & sync screen, swipe down and tap on Add account, as shown.
4. Tap on the Google option from the list.
5. Now, follow the on-screen instruction to Sign in and add the desired Google account again with the correct account credentials.
Method 8: Install Play Store APK File
Finally, if nothing has worked, you can download an APK file of the desired apps and games you can’t access through the Play Store app. Read our guide on Safest Website For Android APK Download to learn which sites you can use.
Recommended: Fix Android is Starting Optimizing App 1 of 1
So, we hope you have understood how to fix the Google Play authentication is required you need to sign in Google account error with the help of these detailed steps. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.