Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is one of the most recognizable and well-liked in gaming history. But you may encounter Modern Warfare 2 Error Niamey Lee as a result of a recent game update. In this guide, we will discuss what the error Niamey Lee mean in MW2 and how to fix it.
How to Fix Modern Warfare 2 Error Niamey Lee
Are you frustrated by Modern Warfare 2 error Niamey Lee, then do not worry! This guide will help you to solve this error in no time.
Try to repair the corrupted game files to fix Modern Warfare 2 error Niamey Lee. Verify integrity of the game files through Steam app to check if all game files are installed.
What does the Error Niamey Lee mean in Modern Warfare 2?
Players who are playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 may receive the error code Niamey – LEE (MW2). The most recent MW2 update will cause this error, which claims that in order to continue playing the game, players must reset their ranks and unlocks.
Also Read: Call of Duty Annual Premium Release 2023
What Causes Error Niamey Lee in MW2?
Error Niamey – LEE in Modern Warfare 2 is caused by:
- Corrupt data
- Corrupt game files
- Outdated game version
How this Error Niamey Lee in MW2 Looks Like
The Niamey Lee error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is an error message that states Your data is corrupt or didn’t download properly and requires players to reset their rank and unlocks in order to continue playing the game. This error typically appears after the installation of a new update or patch.
If you choose to reset your rank and unlock when the error message appears on your screen, all of your progress in MW2 will be lost, which is not a very prudent course of action. But, here is a quick solution that you can try.
1. Select Yes on the Niamey Lee error code on the screen of your PC.
2. Press the Settings icon.
3. Navigate to Quick Settings.
4. Press Esc to Exit Settings.
By doing this, you do not have to reset your progress in MW2.
Also, if these steps did not work out for you, which it should then you can try the other methods listed below.
Method 1: Run MW2 as Administrator
The Niamey Lee problem in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 can be fixed by starting the game as an administrator. By doing so, the game will start up with administrator rights, which may help with issues brought on by missing or damaged files. It can also assist with other problems like game crashes, connectivity issues, and poor game performance.
1. Right-click on the Modern Warfare 2 game executable file.
2. Then select Run as administrator from the context menu.
Method 2: Verify Integrity of Game Files
This error might be resolved by checking the game files’ integrity. This procedure will examine the game’s files and replace any that are corrupted or missing, which can help fix the problem.
Option I: On Steam
Follow our guide on How to verify integrity of game files on Steam.
Option II: On Battle.net
1. Press the Windows key, type Battle.net and hit the Enter key to launch it.
2. Click on Account, then click on Log in.
3. Go to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 menu.
4. Click on the gear icon.
5. Choose Scan & Repair.
6. Then, click on Begin Scan.
7. Wait for the repair process to be finished. Relaunch Modern Warfare 2.
Also Read: Fix Modern Warfare 2 Showcase Not Working
Method 3: Update Game
Updating the game could resolve the Niamey Lee error in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. This procedure will download and install any available updates and patches, which will assist in the repair of any corrupted or missing files that may be causing the error.
Option I: On Battle.net
1. Go to Battle.net and Log in to your account.
2. Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in your library.
3. Click on settings.
4. Check for Updates and install if there are any available.
Option II: On Steam
1. Hit the Windows key, type Steam and click on Open.
2. Go to the Steam LIBRARY.
3. Click on Home, then Right-Click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
4. Select Properties.
5. Then, click on the Updates Tab.
6. Make sure that the option to Automatically keep this game up to date is enabled.
Method 4: Close Background Apps
A proposed workaround for the Niamey Lee error is to terminate background programs. This procedure will shut down any background-running applications or programs, which can help free up system resources and fix the issue. Follow our guide on How to disable background apps in Windows 10,
Also Read: Fix Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2
Method 5: Disable Overclocking
Running a computer processor at a faster clock rate than the maker intended is known as overclocking. But, under some circumstances, an overclocked processor might cause instability and other faults in MW2. Here’s our guide on how to disable it, 8 ways to fix system clock runs fast issue.
Method 6: Reinstall MWII Game
Modern Warfare 2 error Niamey Lee might be resolved by reinstalling the game. This procedure will remove the current game files and install a brand-new copy, which can assist in fixing any corrupted or missing files that might be the source of the error.
1. Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings app.
2. Click on Apps.
3. Locate the Call of Duty- Modern Warfare 2 and click on Uninstall.
4. Confirm the uninstallation by clicking on the Uninstall pop-up.
5. After uninstalling the game, reboot the PC.
6. Now, download the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 game from the official website.
7. Run the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it on your PC.
- Can I Edit a Walgreens Photo Order?
- How to Play Old Nerdle Play
- Fix Modern Warfare 2 Error Code 2901
- Fix COD Modern Warfare 2 SAE Not Working
We hope we could help you troubleshoot the Modern Warfare 2 Error Niamey Lee. These are some of the few fixes you can give a try. Let us know in the comments section which method worked for you. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions, drop them in the comment section below.