One of Call of Duty Modern Warfare II most anticipated weapons, SAE Killstreak is used to drop explosives to eliminate enemies. However, this weapon has been found to be buggy and sometimes dysfunctional. In this article, we will discuss about Modern Warfare 2 SAE not working problem. We bring to you a helpful guide that will teach you how to fix MW2 SAE Killstreak not working issue. So, continue reading!
How to Fix COD Modern Warfare 2 SAE Not Working
There are many users who have started to play the game and encountered the issue where they are not able to experience the much-talked-about Killstreak. Moving ahead in this article, we will get to learn more about it.
To fix COD MW2 SAE killstreak not working issue, follow these steps:
1. Wait for game server uptime.
2. Clear the cache data.
3. Troubleshoot your network connection.
4. Disable your Firewall and Antivirus.
5. Contact Activision support.
Reasons for MW2 SAE Killstreak Not Working
The following can be the potential reasons why you are experiencing this default in your game:
- Unstable Internet connection: If the system or the console on which the game is being played is not connected to stable and fast internet connectivity, this might be a reason for the SAE not working in the game.
- Bug Attack: There may have been a bug that corrupted the game files as a result of an attack on them. That is why you are not able to use SAE in the game.
- Outdated Version: The game files reported a few bugs that prevented the SAE file from being processed by Modern Warfare 2. The glitch caused was recognized by Infinity Ward, the developers of the game, and they released an update later which fixed the gameplay issues. If you are still facing the issue, there is a chance you are still using an older version.
- Unfulfilled Requirements to use SAE in Modern Warfare 2: The game has certain fixed requirements like 7 kills in a row or at least a score of 875 points without getting killed, that enable the player to be able to use SAE Killstreak. Non-fulfilment of the same leads to cause this issue in your gameplay.
- Restrictions from third-party software or apps in the peripheral: Even though the cause of an error cannot always be pinpointed, it has been found that some third-party apps may restrict a number of functions of some games.
- Obsolete Operating System: An outdated operating system may also be the problem, as the old version of the software does not support the latest version of the game fully, thus making some features and manoeuvres ineffective and unusable.
SAE, or Server Authentication Error, is a common issue that players encounter while trying to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) online. Here are some troubleshooting methods to solve this issue.
Method 1: Restart PC
Technically, this is a very basic solution everyone tries out in the first time and to a surprise, it works. What if we say it was just the improper boot of the device that caused the error. Restart the hardware, i.e., the PC or the console, and check if your issue is resolved. You can follow our guide to reboot or restart Windows 10 computer.
Method 2: Re-initiate Internet Connection
Like we read in the reasons, any lag in the internet connectivity or even low speed can potentially affect the game’s features and functionalities. To be sure that this does not turn to cause the error, boot your internet again and verify if the connectivity to your device is up to the mark.
Method 3: Relaunch MW2 Game
If even after updating Modern Warfare 2 SAE not working, we suggest you to end the game completely and launch it again. If there is any error while loading the game files after update, or any other minor issue, closing and allowing the game to load again would fix the issue in the background process itself. Wait until the game boots up completely and then start to play. If you are having trouble to completely close the game, then check our guide to end task in Windows 10 to close the game processes.
Also Read: Fix Dev Error 615 in Modern Warfare 2
Method 4: Complete Required Mission
We learned in the reasons section about the requirements that need to be completed in order to use a SAE killstreak. If you do not have a minimum of 7 kills in a row or at least 875 points without dying in the game, complete the requirements first and then call the SAE strike.
Method 5: Equip SAE Killstreak
To use the SAE killstreak, the player needs to be equipped with it.
1. Launch the Modern Warfare 2 game.
2. Navigate to the weapons tab.
3. Select Killstreak menu beside MULTIPLAYER LOADOUT option.
4. Select the SAE option and add it to any empty slot. If no slot is empty, swap it with any current one.
Also Read: How to Use SAE Killstreak in MW2
Method 6: Open Scoreboard
If you still experience Modern Warfare 2 SAE not working error and it freezes the game while you are engaged in the killstreak, give this method a try. It worked for many users and resolved their issue. It might work for you as well.
1. Open your scoreboard in the game.
2. Now open the map and then exit and go back to the game.
These steps will exit the tablet view and the error should have been fixed by now.
Method 7: Update Game
If you are looking to fix this error, we suggest you to update the game first and ensure to keep it updated as the developers are on the process of releasing multiple updates to make the gameplay smoother and fix all the major and minor reported issues. Follow the steps below to update Modern Warfare II game.
1. Launch Battle.net app on the PC.
2. Click on COD: Modern Warfare 2 game.
3. Click on cogwheel (settings) icon next to the Play button.
4. Select Check for Updates.
5. If an update is available, download and install it.
Also Read: How to Unlock Spectrum Camo in MW2
Method 8: Update Operating System
Sometimes it’s just a minimal glitch in the Windows operating system itself that causes the app to crash its features or shows possible errors of not being able to access it. Updating windows for the latest security patches and bug fixes may resolve the issue. You can go through our article on How to Download and Install Optional Updates in Windows 11.
Method 9: Disable Windows Firewall (Not Recommended)
Windows Defender is Microsoft’s developed security, anti-virus, and anti-malware program that works to keep PCs safe from any kind of virus. To tick the boxes, Windows blocks any suspicions received from third-party apps or websites. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 could also be encountering the blockage created by Window Defender. However, we can fix this for you. Refer to our guide on How to Disable Windows 10 Firewall.
Method 10: Allow Game in Firewall
Now that we do not recommend in any case to completely disable the Windows Firewall protection service. Nevertheless, if you want the firewall protection to remain enabled on your PC but that causes SAE killstreak not to work on your game, there is an option where you can still make an exception for your game files to not be obstructed by it. We already have a guide for you on How to Block or Unblock Programs In Windows Defender Firewall.
Also Read: How to Add Windows Firewall Rule
Method 11: Disable Third-party Antivirus Temporarily (If Applicable)
Not just Windows but often a times third-party antivirus programs loaded on your PC like Avast, Norton, McAfee etc also hinder the game files or other system files. This causes improper loading of the game and henceforth triggers error. If you have any such antivirus software installed on your PC, you can follow our guide on How to Disable Antivirus Temporarily on Windows 10 and disable it to fix MW2 SAE Killstreak not working problem.
Method 12: Contact Modern Warfare 2 Support
If after implementing the above methods to troubleshoot and fix the error, we suggest you to ultimately reach out to the game support. To contact them, you would have to write a mail and clarify the problem faced, the detailed system information on which you are playing the game. They would come up with a specified solution to resolve your issue.
- 12 Ways to Fix Discord GIFs Not Working
- Fix Call of Duty MW2 Failed to Update Playlist Error
- Fix Modern Warfare 2 Showcase Not Working
- Fix Modern Warfare 2 Error Travis Shipton
With this, we come to end of the article. We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to fix Modern Warfare 2 SAE not working. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or, suggestions then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.