It might be unpleasant and perplexing if there are problems with your Instagram feed and it is not showing new posts. Many factors, such as algorithm modifications, bugs, or issues with your account, may cause this issue. Today’s guide will help you to fix the problem so that you can start viewing new content.
How to Fix Instagram Feed Not Showing New Posts
The error seems to occur when no matter how many times a user tries to refresh their page, and finds the same posts, even after closing and reopening the app. The error sometimes seems to be persistent for hours or even days. Before we learn to fix the error for the Instagram feed or home page, let us evaluate the causes behind this occurrence.
Follow the below steps to clear cache:
1. Navigate to your device App Settings and locate Instagram app.
2. Then, select Storage menu.
3. Tap on Clear Cache.
Note: Android devices don’t have the same Settings options and differ from Manufacturer to Manufacturer. These steps are performed on Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G (Android 13 One UI 5.1)
Why is my Instagram Feed Not Showing New Posts?
The following could be the potential reasons why the Instagram app does not refresh to new posts from the accounts followed by you.
- Inadequacy internet speed
- Bug or Technical Glitch
- Account temporarily blocked
These are the following methods by which you can resolve the issue and will be able to scroll through new posts.
Method 1: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Suppose the internet connection isn’t suitable enough for the app to maintain a connection with its servers and load new posts for you. In that case, you may need to revise this connection strength and enhance the internet connection speed. To do so, read our guide on How to Boost Internet Speed on your Android.
Method 2: Wait for Server Uptime
Before we move to the next step, let us ensure that there is no issue with the Instagram server itself. In case the server has gone down due to over-trafficking or any other possible reason, you would have to wait until they revive it back to its normal state. To check the server status of Instagram, visit Is The Service Down page.
Method 3: Re-login Instagram
This is the case when you recently changed the password of your Instagram account. In such cases, the app requires you to authenticate yourself as a user again; for that, you would have to log out of the account again and back in.
1. On your Instagram feed, tap on the profile icon at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2. Now, tap on the hamburger (three-vertical lines) icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Swipe down and tap on Log out.
4. Re-Log in now by entering the updated credentials.
Method 4: Change Email Address
Now this can be a case if Instagram cannot verify your account or finds the email address suspicious; it may block loading new posts for you and enable the visibility of your posts to your followers. You would have to change your email address to fix Instagram, not showing my posts to followers.
1. Tap on the Profile icon at the bottom-right corner of the feed window on Instagram.
2. Tap on the Hamburger icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Swipe down and select Account.
4. Choose the Personal information option by tapping on it.
5. Tap on Email address and enter a new email address.
6. Instagram will send an authentication code to your email, check it and confirm.
Method 5: Update Instagram App
Although applications like Instagram add vivid shades of entertainment and communication, they may attract bugs. If the app shows malfunctions, there might be a chance that a bug has greeted it. In such scenarios, check the Google Play Store for any available updates. If there is any, install it. Follow our guide to update all android app.
Method 6: Clear Cache Data
If you know that cache data is the temporary data stored in the form of files, scripts, and more created on the device after one starts to use a program or an application. However, cluttering of cache data leads to overloading storage and henceforth the app tends to function slower and most of the time does not load files properly. Follow these steps to clear cache data for Instagram on your device:
1. Open the Settings on the device.
2. Scroll down and tap on Apps.
3. In the app menu, navigate to Instagram and tap on it.
4. Select the Storage option.
5. Tap on the Clear cache option.
Also Read: How to Copy Reel Effect on Instagram
Method 7: Change Device Time and Date
Possible chances of why is my Instagram feed not showing new posts can also be any deviation in the date and time settings on the device you are logged in from. To change/update the time and date settings:
1. Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Scroll down and tap on General management.
3. Tap on Date and time.
4. Toggle on enable Automatic date and time and Automatic time zone.
Method 8: Reinstall Instagram App
In rare cases, even updating does not fix the issue. This can be because of improper download issues with app files or corrupt files. In such cases, it is advised to uninstall the app completely from the device and install it back to ensure the app gets a smoother optimization.
1. Tap and hold the Instagram app icon in the app drawer of your device.
2. Select Uninstall.
3. Now open the Google Play Store on your device.
4. In the search bar, type Instagram.
5. Tap on Install.
Method 9: Use Instagram Web Version
If none of the above solutions works, we suggest you change the platform you use Instagram on. That means you can log in to your account using the browser version of Instagram and check if the Instagram feed problem persists there. If it is resolved, use the website version for a few days until the bug is fixed.
Also Read: What Does Reporting Someone on Instagram Do?
Method 10: Report Problem
If that does not help resolve your query, you can report this problem directly through your app, and the help team will get back to you as soon as possible.
1. In the Settings menu in the Instagram app, tap on Help.
2. Now select Report a problem.
3. Once again, tap on Report a problem.
4. Tap on Include and continue to allow Instagram to include complete logs and diagnostics.
5. Briefly describe your issue: Instagram feed not showing new posts since so and so time even after refreshing multiple times.
Note: You can also include relevant screenshots if you have any.
6. Tap on Send at the top-right corner.
Method 11: Contact Instagram Support
Find that your account has been blocked for some reason and that is why you are not able to initiate any activity on the app. You can visit the Instagram help centre and search for your query in case there is already a solution or reach out to the support team on their official Twitter handle. Moreover, if you think your account has not been blocked but you are still having the query that Instagram is not showing my posts to followers. In that case, you can examine if other users have reported any such issue.
- How to Link a Device in WhatsApp
- 11 Ways to Fix Messages Failed to Load Discord Error
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Instagram for Business
- How to Split Photos into Grids for Instagram
With this, we conclude the article. We hope that with the help of this guide, you were able to fix Instagram feed not showing new posts issue. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.