With the rise of remote work and virtual communication, messaging apps have become an essential tool for staying connected with colleagues, friends, and family. WhatsApp has just launched a new feature that makes it even easier to stay connected: device linking. In this article, we’ll explore how to link a device in WhatsApp and how to link a device in WhatsApp web.
Table of Contents
How to link a device in WhatsApp
For a long time, the app has been restricted to one device per account, which could be a hassle for those who use multiple devices. This feature allows users to link multiple devices to their WhatsApp account, making it possible to access messages, calls, and media from any device with an active internet connection.
Can you use WhatsApp on 2 phones?
Yes, you can in fact use WhatsApp on 2 or more phones with the same account. This allows you to carry on any conversation without having to put a brake on it. In this article, we will share how to link a device in WhatsApp.
Also Read: How to Delete Photos on WhatsApp
How to Connect WhatsApp from Phone to Phone
Fortunately, the latest WhatsApp announcement allowing users to access their accounts across multiple devices will now help you continue your long chats on different gadgets. We know that you are here to learn how to link WhatsApp to another phone. So, without wasting any more time, given are the steps that explain how to connect WhatsApp from phone to phone:
1. On your first device, open WhatsApp.
2. On the top right corner, tap on the three vertical dots.
3. Now tap on Settings.
4. Just beside your profile picture you will see your QR code, tap on it.
5. Open the QR code
6. Install and open WhatsApp on the other device.
7. Log in through your number and again follow the first three steps.
8. Tap on Linked Devices.
9. And the tap on Link a device.
10. Scan the QR code from the first device.
And that’s how to link WhatsApp to another phone with just simple steps. Now you have successfully linked your devices through the same account. It is important to note that you can only connect up to 4 devices to one account.
How to Link a Device in WhatsApp Web
1. Open WhatsApp Web
2. Now open WhatsApp on your phone
3. On the top right corner, tap on the three vertical dots.
4. Tap on Linked Devices.
5. And the tap on Link a device.
6. Now scan the QR code shown on the WhatsApp web.
That’s it! Once your phone has scanned the QR code, it will automatically link your WhatsApp account to WhatsApp Web. You can now use WhatsApp Web to send and receive messages on your computer.
- How to Fix Genshin Impact High Ping Issue
- Can You Recover Deleted Photos on WhatsApp?
- How to Add WhatsApp Button to Facebook Page
WhatsApp is constantly changing itself to a better version and has enhanced the user experience. With the help of this new feature of linking up to four devices to one single account can be a game changer for people who own small businesses and communicate with their customers through WhatsApp. We hope that you have learned how to link WhatsApp to another phone or to the WhatsApp web version.