Discord is a popular communication platform. It allows you to connect with their friends and communities. However, like any other technology, it is not immune to errors. One of the most common problems you may encounter is messages failed to load Discord error. This error can prevent users from viewing their chat history and messages. In this guide, we will explore the causes of this issue and how to fix it, so you can get back to enjoying your Discord experience.
How to Fix Messages Failed to Load Discord Error
If you are unable to load messages on Discord, then do not worry! Read this guide till the end to solve Discord error messages failed to load issue in no time.
To fix messages failed to load Discord error, you can clear the Discord cache data by following steps:
1. Open the Run dialog box.
2. Enter the %appdata%\Discord command.
3. Here, delete the files to remove cache data.
Why Does it say Messages Failed to Load on Discord?
Before we begin with the methods, let us first understand why it says discord error messages failed to load.
- If the Discord server is experiencing downtime, you may face the issue.
- A poor or slow internet connection can also be one of the reasons.
- An outdated version of the application can cause a problem.
- If the user is banned from Discord, they will see the discussed message.
- In case your installation is flawed or incomplete the said error can occur.
How to Fix Messages Failed to Load Discord Error
In this article, we will tell you how to fix messages failed to load Discord error. So, without further ado, let us get started.
Method 1: Wait for Discord Server Uptime
The first thing you should do is check the Discord server status. If the server is experiencing downtime, you will not receive any messages. Moreover, you cannot even send messages. Furthermore, no method mentioned below will be able to resolve the problem when the server is down. Therefore, check the Discord server status on its official page. If the status page shows All Systems Operational, then move to the below-listed method to resolve the error. However, in case the server is down wait for some time.
Method 2: Restart Discord
Restarting the discussed application is also one of the quickest ways to resolve Discord error messages failed to load. You can simply close the app and relaunch it. However, we suggest you to close the app properly, and to do so you can read our guide on how to end task in Windows 10. Finally, relaunch the Discord app after ending the task.
Method 3: Re-login to Discord
You can also re-login to Discord. We have provided the steps that will explain to you how to log out and then log in to the discussed software:
1. Open the Discord application and then click on Settings.
2. Now, select Log Out.
3. Confirm the prompt by clicking on Log Out again.
4. Finally, Re-login by entering the correct credentials.
Method 4: Troubleshoot Internet Connection
The discussed application needs a good internet connection. If the internet speed is slow, you might be left wondering why it says messages failed to load on Discord. So, to avoid this situation, it is suggested to check the internet speed first. If it is slow, you can use our guide on how to troubleshoot internet connection problems in Windows 10 to enhance the speed of the internet.
Method 5: Update Discord
Another method that you can use to fix message failed to load discord error is by updating the discussed application. Generally, it gets updated when you launch or restart Discord. But sometimes, due to glitches, it does not get updated on its own. Therefore, you need to update the app manually. To update the app manually you can read our guide on how to update Discord.
Also Read: 12 Ways to Fix Discord GIFs Not Working
Method 6: Mark Text Channels as Read
Another helpful solution is to mark them as read in the channel or server. It is likely to load messages that, for some reason, failed to deliver. The steps to perform the same on your computer are mentioned below:
1. First, right-click on the channel or server where you are facing the discussed problem.
2. From the drop-down menu, select Mark As Read.
Check if the problem is resolved. In case it is not resolved, then follow the other method listed below.
Method 7: Mute and Unmute Channel
You can mute and unmute the channel to resolve this error. When you mute the messages from the channel where texts are stuck, the notifications from that particular server will get paused. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. First, right-click on the channel or server on which you are facing the problem.
2. From the drop-down menu, navigate to Mute Server or Mute Channel.
3. Now, choose Until I turn it back on.
4. Wait for a few minutes and then, right-click on the same channel or server again.
5. Now, click on Unmute Channel or Unmute Server.
Method 8: Use VPN
VPN has evolved into a need over time, especially for users who consume a lot of internet information. Along with numerous other advantages, it aids in maintaining your anonymity and preventing tracking. You can read our guide on the 21 best free VPNs for Windows 10.
Method 9: Clear Discord App Cache
You can clear the temporary files of Discord to resolve the error. Cleaning temporary files will help you get rid of the files that are corrupted. You can use the steps mentioned below to clear cache files:
1. First, exit from Discord and press the Windows key.
2. Now, type %appdata% and select Open.
3. Open the discord folder.
4. In the Discord folder, right-click on the Cache folder and click on the trash icon.
Also Read: Discord to Use ChatGPT on All Servers
Method 10: Reinstall Discord
Reinstalling the software is another effective way to resolve messages failed to load Discord error. Because all the settings and configurational setup get refreshed when you reinstall the application. To reinstall Discord, you need to uninstall it and then install it. We have provided the steps that will guide you on how to reinstall the discussed application:
1. First, open Settings by pressing Windows + I keys simultaneously.
2. Under Settings, select Apps.
3. Now, under Apps & features tab, select Discord and choose Uninstall option.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
5. Now, visit the Discord website and click on Download for Windows.
6. Once the download is completed, open the DiscordSetup.exe file and install the program.
Method 11: Contact Discord Support
You can consider contacting the Discord support team as a last resort. The steps to submit a request on its official support page are mentioned below:
1. First, visit Discord support.
2. Next, click on Submit a request.
3. Now, select the issue from the drop-down menu.
4. Finally, click on Submit.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Instagram for Business
- How Much Does Steam Charge to Sell a Game?
- 11 Fixes for Discord Not Uploading Images on Mobile
- 9 Ways to Fix Discord Stuck on Grey Screen
We hope this article was helpful, and now you know how to fix messages failed to load Discord error. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the comment section below. You can also tell us which method has worked for you. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.